• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 3.0 Features

Withnail

Yep, just got the email, although when I click the link and log in I get "Your permissions do not allow you access to this section". Hopefully it will work later.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There's lots to like about this update.

Favourite Groups & Communities: Love it esp. the message board

Events: Nice addition, would be great if they include release dates of games

10GB Cloud Storage & Lossless Screenshots: Immediately useful, excellent

YouTube Gaming Integration: Not a surprise but definitely relevant to my interest

Great update. As for my remaining wishlist...

1) PS Classics - it's about time...seriously
2) Download List - should have been fixed long ago
3) Homescreen customisation - not sure folder is the answer but at least place the bloody Library to the immediate left of What's New
4) Media Player - wanted DTS support but that's no longer needed now that I got myself a Bravia Android TV which does the job way better than any console will ever be. I use the Media Player only for music now and it's pretty decent actually.

tumblr_mumh5jlvcJ1s02vreo1_400.gif

Same here, Bravia Android with Kodi.
Anyway just received my beta invite.

Gowans

Some fantastic features here, I love the grouping of friends, interest groups (GAF hello) and the Request to watch feature is so easy and handy.

To the people who are concerned that 10 Gb will be too little: how much space do your saves take up? Because I have games like Driveclub and I haven't hit the 1GB at all, I really don't think we're gonna hit a cap that's ten times as much as it was before that quickly, but maybe my game library is tiny compared to others.

I checked today and I'm at 4.5gb. I realize there are very few people who would exceed the 10gb, but that's why they should make it unlimited. Make the experience as seamless as possible. It's not like we can store anything there. I just hope we don't see devs getting a little more careless with the saves because there's more storage to work with now.

Symphonia

Banned
Just a question, if they can upgrade the image format to PNG, what are the chances of the video capture being upgraded to 1080p?

Danlord

Just a question, if they can upgrade the image format to PNG, what are the chances of the video capture being upgraded to 1080p?

They are reliant on separate factors. The specific codec used for the video, RAM usage for the 15 minute video-recording, and keeping it at 720p30 for 15 minutes at a specific bitrate fills that particular amount of RAM, increasing resolution and/or frame-rate would further increase system RAM reservation and I'm sure Sony would rather more RAM go to developers and not for video-recording. If they could find a more efficient codec, I'd rather 720p60fps and better bit-rate than 1080p30.

Damn you, for a minute I thought PixelJunk Monsters was getting a PS4 release :(
I still don't get why we didn't get a port of Pixel Junk Monsters Encore or something on PS4 like Sound Shapes and Super Stardust. If I could get the Pixel Junk Series and Everyday shooter I would be a very happy camper.

I wonder if Request to Watch will be a private connection?

If someone wanted to watch me play MGSV pre release over last weekend I wouldn't want to get a Twitch ban or something for it.

10gb is the megaton though. We needed that.

Sold update. PNG + Cloud save increase is great. I turned Cloud saves off with the current set up because it wasnt worth managing.

External HDD support for games and a twitch app and PS4 is where it needs to be.

And maybe a overall UI redo would be great. More grids, less lists please.

Teletraan1

Banned
10 is definitely more manageable than 1. With some things taking up 0.5 for non save related garbage at least this is a step in the right direction.

Just got my beta key. Just in case anyone with Gmail was looking and didn't find anything, check the promotions tab. It was buried in there for me under a bunch of crap i never look at.

PNG screenshots?
10GB for PS+ saves?

Sold. Totally sold. Streaming to youtube is a nice cherry on top and makes me wonder if it were in planning phases from the moment Google was getting it started.

Sorry guys, but where do I activate auto savedata uploads on PS4 ? I turned it off some day but now I can't find it, only the option to manually upload the save data to the cloud.

psylah

When will I be able to delete suggested friends goddamnit. I don't know these people and their faces are all over my PS4.

Top Bottom