• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

Another Bloodborne video. This time I compare Witches from Chalice, because it's the thing that kills the framerate the most.

First is Beast, second is Amateur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deb-EaLTgzA
8DA5YEf.gif

Elios83

Just tried Assassin's Creed Unity in the most taxing zone of Notre Dame and the difference in controllability due to higher frame is absolutely evident.

Ferr986

Any chance you could possibly test out co-op or PVP? I always saw more noticeable dips when other players were involved

Yess I'm gonna try coop but it's going to be harder to do a comparison because, well, cant replay the exact coop session lol I guess I'll try a boss that makes the framerate drops, any ideas?

joecanada

Is there any truth to the rumour I just started that this is a bait & switch by Sony to sell everyone a Pro before removing the boost from the public firmware roll-out?

"Hey, it was a beta. There were technical issues with boost".

I'm buying a Pro.

LOL . you should work with TimDog I hear he's a reasonable fellow.

Come on man. You're missing out on perhaps the GOTG because of frame pacing? Feel bad for you.

Yea, I'm glad that I can't tell. I'd miss out on the GOTG if I did.

I don't think so. This is a EXTREME case, the biggest problem in reuglar play is famepacing, and that isn't fixed.

Check out my first video of Old Yharnan, barely a difference.

It only happens in Chalice witches, not in the regular boss. Also the room they are placed may be a factor too.

Every little improvement in BB is huge thought. The performance was the only thing that was not great about BB.

geordiemp

Just tried Assassin's Creed Unity in the most taxing zone of Notre Dame and the difference in controllability due to higher frame is absolutely evident.

Man, so many games I avoided and now have become interesting again.

This, Just Cause 3, evil within....crazy.

Frostburn

I play Destiny daily and unless you have a lot of engrams on floor you wont't see drops below 30fps... it is pretty solid.

I don't believe Beast Mode will do anything with locked solid 30fps games.

3rd "Boss" in the Wrath of the Machine raid would be a great test (Single digit framerates at certain points)

Top Bottom