• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 2.01 coming soon

thelastword

Banned
Didn't have a problem before don't have one now after the update. I'm happy that the persons who were having issues are all good now.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Still zero sound from my ps4 to tv after this update. Hoping this may fix it but not holding my breath, seems quite a few people on sony support forums are having the same issue as well.

Had a scare that blinking started, and I was FUCK!!! and it was blinking for about 8 seconds and finally went into rest mode. It didn't do that on the previous rest mode test I performed after 2.01.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Updating as we speak, i've only experienced loss of sound the first day then i fixed by unplug and plugging the hdmi again. Not sure if that's what fixed it.

Anyway, lets just hope this update don't blow up my console.

Bakoery

Turn off your TV and turn it back on.

dRJlCs.gif

liger05

Mine wasn't rebooting and then after I downloaded COD in reset mode it did actually restart.

Stopped working after that though.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Reporting back. Update completed. Everything is still fully operational and the console didn't melt.
Rest mode works fine, not that i had any problems with that though.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Turn off your TV and turn it back on.

Didn't even think of trying that...........................Have tried everything after the original update and it has borked sound completely. Sky box uses hdmi cable and it's fine. changed cables etc. reinstalled update in safe mode etc etc. Sony support is an absolute shambles in my opinion. Really unhelpful so far.

Zabka

Rest Mode fucked up every time I used it before but it seems better now after testing it a couple times.

Yoday

Didn't even think of trying that...........................Have tried everything after the original update and it has borked sound completely. Sky box uses hdmi cable and it's fine. changed cables etc. reinstalled update in safe mode etc etc. Sony support is an absolute shambles in my opinion. Really unhelpful so far.
It happens to me on occasion before and after 2.0. It has something to do with the HDMI not handshaking properly or something. It would usually happen to me when my PS4 would get to a certain point in the boot up process before my receiver or TV turned on. All I have to do to fix it is turn my receiver off and then back on to reestablish the connection. Lately though I just make sure to let my components turn on before turning on my PS4, and now I never have the problem.

Trifle

Still zero sound from my ps4 to tv after this update. Hoping this may fix it but not holding my breath, seems quite a few people on sony support forums are having the same issue as well.

I've had this problem too since 2.0, along with the HD resolutions appearing as "Unsupported" the same as many people in this thread on the EU support forum.

I did discover that if I connect the PS4 to the HDMI in of my Xbox One and use its TV mode, I get HD picture and full sound as before. This introduces an unacceptable amount of lag for gameplay though, but did at least show that the TV is OK.
Passed the info on to Sony support when I reported the issue but just got a cookie cutter "try rebuilding your database" response.

I can force the use of the unsupported resolution and use headphones for audio via optical as a temporary workaround, but that doesn't help in all cases.

I Updated my PS4 with 2.01 firmware but while playing The Evil Within, the console put itself on rest mode, automaticly it restart and then again to rest mode, 2 or 3 times in a row. Then the console did turned off.

I updated again the console through safe mode, but safe mode appears again and again.

I dont know what to do now

Terrible experience with PS4 atm. First Driveclub and then this.

Top Bottom