• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

WatchDogs looks like a great game to lay until I can get Infamous.

I'll get that, Knack, either BF or KZ and whatever download titles there are.

Lucent

tl;dr chatted with amazon rep, if you didn't select 1-2day shipping you don't have release date guarantee promo applied to order, this is for those who ordered prior to the "launch edition" option going up on amazon.

I pre-ordered as soon as the price was said and I was refreshing the page. And I'm Prime, so I automatically got two day shipping. I think I should be good.

TheBear

Launch edition here. I love Amazon's preorder policy--no money down makes it so easy to pull the trigger.

tumblr_minivzh8Al1qhzh0zo1_500.jpg

Lucent

Launch

Extra controller
Killzone
Infamous
Knack
Watchdog
DC

I'll probably get a controller depending on what is released at launch.

Sucks that Infamous isn't a day 1 launch game.

Killzone should be cool but I've grown so tired of FPS games I'll have to see more.

Knack could be cool. Looks similar to Kameo in a way and the recent video looked like it had Crash Bandicoot elements in it (running towards the screen and jumping over stuff).

Watchdogs looks interesting but I need to see more. I just hope this never goes the way of Assassin's Creed.

And I'm with PS+ so Drive Club is mine.

Oh man it's gonna be hard. Luckily we have TGS and such to hopefully get more info out of the launch games. And still have plenty of PS3 games coming out.

Just got an email from amazon apologising for the confusion of the naming, and that I'm still eligible for a launch unit.

I didn't complain so I'm guess its getting sent to everyone who has preordered one.

Toki767

Amazon finally sent an e-mail to clarify which edition you preordered if you aren't sure and what the difference is.

BMn6KqTCQAEL8bV.png:large

I ordered mine the minute after the conference on UK store when it was still listed as £599.99.

How do I find out what version? I'm assuming launch...

th4tguy

I have the Launch edition. I've never preordered from Amazon. Will they ship on release date, or will it get to my house on release day? I chose two day shipping just to be safe....

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
love amazon, they are so clear with their customer service.

I already knew I had the launch edition, but just got an email this morning explaining what they had done and that I had the Launch edition.

Launch Edition.

Sidenote: It's somewhat telling that I was planning on waiting a few years to get into next gen as I expected Sony to follow suit with Miscrosoft's XB One DRM/Restrictive nonsense and the transition from current gen to next gen is not as compelling as previous transitions (to me at least).
Preordered the second I heard Sony would not follow suit mainly to speak/show support with my wallet.

Preordered my PS4 as soon as it was available on Amazon.

While on the subject, does anyone know if you can change the CC associated with the preorder at any time? My card expires in December and I might need to change that depending on when the console launches.

Preordered my PS4 as soon as it was available on Amazon.

While on the subject, does anyone know if you can change the CC associated with the preorder at any time? My card expires in December and I might need to change that depending on when the console launches.

Yes you can. Just click: Change Payment Method

SelfCon

Got the email this morning too! Now let's see if there's actually enough launch editions to go around. I'm nervous, but I have faith that Amazon won't fuck this up.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I pre-ordered at 4AM in the UK, right after the press conference. I don't see anything about a launch or standard edition on Amazon UK though.

Minigo

I pre-ordered at 4AM in the UK, right after the press conference. I don't see anything about a launch or standard edition on Amazon UK though.

Only USA so far, no other country has been confirmed by amazon to have "Launch Editions" or when you could expect your preorder to ship, even if you did it right after the conference.
Rest of the world is guessing here, nothing concrete for us.

GeeDuhb

Woot! Just got the e-mail too...Launch Edition Confirmed!!! I had checked yesterday from the suggestions in this thread and I had the order update on the Launch Edition, but this makes me feel better :D

I have the Launch edition. I've never preordered from Amazon. Will they ship on release date, or will it get to my house on release day? I chose two day shipping just to be safe....

For Release date delivery (and I think they stated that if you choose 2 day that's what you will get...I have Prime so I know I have release date) they usually 2-day or overnight it to you so you get it ON the release date. So you will (should) have it on the release date. I order all my games from Amazon and they have yet to fail me with release date delivery. <3 AMAZON

rschauby

Banned
I got a launch system.

Currently, I am probably looking to just sell it on eBay if prices are good. Sony hasn't impressed me with anything other than the $399 starting price. Really, the required PS+ subscription for full functionality is turning me off big time.

sajj316

So happy with the confirmation of launch edition. Feel sorry for those with standard although I'm not sure what that means in terms of how much of a delay.

Mononoke

Banned
Amazon finally sent an e-mail to clarify which edition you preordered if you aren't sure and what the difference is.

BMn6KqTCQAEL8bV.png:large

Yep I got this too! Really puts my mind at ease now. Easiest launch ever. Now what to do with my gamestop pre-order? Put $100 down. Do I move it over for 2 PS4 games or just pick up a second PS4 unit and sell it/gift it.

Top Bottom