• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

Mugaaz

I've ordered 4 from Amazon, BB, Newegg, GS. Hopefully at least one of these works out, and if I get extra I'll sell them.

#nottakingchances

Artorias

Banned
Thanks for the tip on Amazons mobile site, I've got 2 launch editions preordered, one for me and one for a family member.

I just preordered BF4, Watch Dogs, Knack, Killzone, and Infamous as well.

TheJerit

#teamlaunch

My body has taken a beaten this week with all the feels Sony has thrown. They're never going to be 100% perfect, but I never expected them to nail it on so many levels.... I've been a 90% PC guy since the early 2000s, but I am truly hyped for this console

It inspired me to repair my ylod on my 60gb phat. Seems to be running solid so far and now awaiting Vanquish to finish downloading. Then onto UC3.

Amazon UK just told me my order qualifies for launch day delivery. Very pleased and actually quite surprised seeing as I ordered it the day after the conference.

Here is the email I received today when I questioned Amazon why my iphone on their site shows as launch and the web version shows as standard.

"Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

I checked our records and see that due to an error from our end Launch edition was changed to Standard Edition. I understand that you'd prefer to receive the Launch Edition.

For security reasons, we wont be able to update another edition for you. However, you're welcome to cancel this order and place a new order for Launch Edition. We'll make sure to get a free shipping and honor same price as your previous order.

Please place a new order via One-Day Shipping and write back to us with your order number. We'll waive off or refund the shipping fee completely. "

Lucent

pKC0rXC.png

Feels good. =)

Now I'd like to know what the real release date is.

I think people need to stop emailing Amazon to ask which one they got. They obviously don't know what the fuck they're talking about, since everyone is getting different answers even for the same order from different reps.

Andrew.

Banned
Launch.

Im thinkin Second Son and Killzone. Don't wanna do a multiplat title. I wanna see some true juice in this baby.

spannicus

Guessing it depends on whether you chose 2 day shipping as well. Wonder if all this calling Amazon is pushing people farther back on the pre order list lol. Standard edition owners in denial lol its funny. Lol

#TeamLaunch.

I chose FREE Super Saver Shipping but now I want to change it to Two-Day Shipping. I don't know if by doing that my order can become Standard edition :(

Very unlikely though you can check with their customer service if you want to make sure.

Apparantly mine is a launch edition. Yes! Don't have any extra money right now so I couldn't order at GS like I always do so amazon it was.

Unsure if I will actually get it day one but nice to have it there. Got Killzone in the same order. May get Either Watch Dogs or Knack as well later on.

this.

when they said the price i hit F5 on the page for a little bit until the preorder link appeared. clicked it immediately.

Me too and have the launch edition also! Pre-ordered Infamous immediately , then today I went back and put in pre-orders for Watch_Dogs, Killzone, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Final Fantasy XV as well for pre-order price guarantee, just in case they have any sales (unlikely). I'll grab DriveClub PS+ Edition digitally.

I was thinking it was going to be $500, so I feel better about grabbing more games. I probably would have skipped Killzone otherwise.

Sanic

I've read too many reports of people apparently getting a standard when it shows they have an order in for the launch.

You shouldn't have to contact support to find out what you have.

JABEE

Has anyone that saw *PlayStation 4 Launch Edition under Order Details on the Amazon Mobile Site been told that their orders are Standard.

I ordered in February so I should be fine, right? They still haven't fixed the price.

Xamdou

Officially part of Amazon PS4 team launch edition!

Question: For amazon prime is it release day delivery? Also is there tracking # and signature delivery or do they just drop it at your doorstep?

Mylene

ok i had a nice chat with amazon customer service just now and think i figured it out.

i preordered on the 10th when amazon only showed the standard edition.
today i go to the launch edition page and my order info shows at top saying i've preordered it. i check with mobile browser and it also shows launch edition.

however, after reading a few comments above with people saying they show "launch" when checking online, but after speaking with customer service it was actually standard and not guaranteed release date delivery i decided to chat with amazon myself just to be sure.

from my chat with amazon, basically the only way you can see if you have guaranteed release date delivery is if on their end the customer service sees the "promotional release date delivery" detail is listed in the order info. the CS rep said that he had 4 previous chats today which did not show this promo in the details until he checked mine. we figured out it was because none of the prior orders selected the one or two day delivery option when checking out. seems like if you select one/two day shipping then it automatically gets the release date promo applied. so basically i think on their end, the standard or launch editions look the same to them because there really isn't a "launch" edition, it was just a way of them to sort out those orders who had selected express shipping options and giving them priority on shipments.

tl;dr chatted with amazon rep, if you didn't select 1-2day shipping you don't have release date guarantee promo applied to order, this is for those who ordered prior to the "launch edition" option going up on amazon.

Patryn

This is happening at other retailers than Amazon or no?
No. Launch is NOT an official edition of the PS4. It's literally just a way for Amazon US to differentiate between those who will receive a console from the first batch and will thus receive it on release day, and those who are not guaranteed one from the first shipment and thus may not receive it until later.

The box won't say launch. You won't get a special trophy or anything. It only exists in the Amazon US store.

DXPett1

Pulled the trigger but not launch edition's left. #teamstandard for me then (paided the extra for expedited shipping to Land Down Under though)

Aspiring

ok i had a nice chat with amazon customer service just now and think i figured it out.

i preordered on the 10th when amazon only showed the standard edition.
today i go to the launch edition page and my order info shows at top saying i've preordered it. i check with mobile browser and it also shows launch edition.

however, after reading a few comments above with people saying they show "launch" when checking online, but after speaking with customer service it was actually standard and not guaranteed release date delivery i decided to chat with amazon myself just to be sure.

from my chat with amazon, basically the only way you can see if you have guaranteed release date delivery is if on their end the customer service sees the "promotional release date delivery" detail is listed in the order info. the CS rep said that he had 4 previous chats today which did not show this promo in the details until he checked mine. we figured out it was because none of the prior orders selected the one or two day delivery option when checking out. seems like if you select one/two day shipping then it automatically gets the release date promo applied. so basically i think on their end, the standard or launch editions look the same to them because there really isn't a "launch" edition, it was just a way of them to sort out those orders who had selected express shipping options and giving them priority on shipments.

tl;dr chatted with amazon rep, if you didn't select 1-2day shipping you don't have release date guarantee promo applied to order, this is for those who ordered prior to the "launch edition" option going up on amazon.

If this is true what about those ordering overseas? I mean I live in Australia but chose DHL priority shipping which takes 3-5 days. Does this still apply because I chose express shipping? The other shipping option is 8-16 days. That was never gonna happen.

Regardless I still have a launch edition, and chose express so should be fine, yes?

bumpkin

I have no idea, honestly. I went to Best Buy the night of the day preorders started, but I'll be damned if I know which I'm getting (or the difference).

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Well crap I didn't select 1-2 day shipping. I went back in and changed it to 2 day but I dunno if that will actually help or not.

cchum

Launch here (does that mean Day One GAF?)

Traded some games toward Shadowfall, and not sure what else to get

Top Bottom