• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

rjinaz

Just got an email from Amazon:

Summary:

-Preordered on Monday night, no standard/launch option.
-Current order page doesn't specify.
-Going to PS4 Launch page gives the "You ordered this item" link.
-Above link not on the PS4 standard page.

Oh good, those are my circumstances as well. Looks like launch for me then is likely.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered mine within 5-10 minutes of the Sony conference ending, shows up as launch edition now.

This is only going to be my second day 1 console ever, I believe. I've had "launch window" consoles before, but only one other actual launch day system. Which was, of course, the Dreamcast.

I was surprised to see how high the Xbone is on the Video games sales charts on Amazon. I was, that is, until I saw the game pre-orders.

The first PS4 game is Watch Dogs at 8th place, followed by:
Killzone: Shadow Fall in 14th place.
Battlefield 4 in 17th place.
Infamous: Second Son in 20th place.
Assassin's Creed 4 in 28th place.
Call of Duty: Ghosts in 33rd place.

Then....

The first XBone game is Forza 5 at 35th place.

What this leads me to believe is that the bulk of initial Xbox One sales are due to hedgers and scalpers.

trmas

Banned
They had the launch a few hours after... I woke up at 3:30 EST, and ordered one just in case. Launch edition with Prime. If your email just says Playstation 4, probably a launch. There was originally no designation at all.

AwShucks

Launch edition, which makes their "within minutes" comment sort of funny as I didn't put my preorder in for over an hour after the show ended.

mkenyon

Banned
Hmm. You are the first person to say the email/order history says launched. Mine only says "PS4". My email was timed at 11:06 PM EST. What was yours?
Dwj7WTn.png

2:35PM PST.

Zero315

Banned
My order page doesn't specify, but if I go to the product page it says I ordered the launch edition. I put my order in as soon as it went up.

knitoe

I got it. You place your order the next day, June 11th, after Amazon added the launch / standard edition stuff. My order was right after conference on 11:06PM EST on June 10th . Thus, my email and history only says "Playstation 4". And, you have Prime (faster shipping) so you will have it on launch day.

RussellXV

My order lists it as PlayStation 4. I placed an order at approximately 8:08 PM PT. it was before Amazon changed it to Launch Edition, so I'm pretty sure my order is for the Launch Edition.

I think yours says it specifically because you ordered it on the 11th (yesterday) when they had those two options up?

Mine, as well as my brothers, both just have the order update thing on the Launch Edition page only and we both got it within 5-10 minutes after the conference.

razielim

Then you have the launch version.

Hmm. When I click on my orders I choose the PS4 order and it doesn't state specifically on that page which edition I have. Clicking on the PS4 link from my order page takes me to the Playstation 4 order page with Standard selected and Launch not available. Maybe I need to reread earlier to see if I'm missing something.

edit:
Ah so clicking the launch option shows that I've ordered that item. #TeamLaunch it is for me!

robochimp

So much easier than preordering a PS3 way back when. GameStop crashed immediately.

Does anyone remember the 360 Mt Dew get it before launch giveaway? I thing most of us in that thread won a 360.

Apath

My order lists it as PlayStation 4. I placed an order at approximately 8:08 PM PT. it was before Amazon changed it to Launch Edition, so I'm pretty sure my order is for the Launch Edition.

If people who pre-ordered after the Launch Edition/Standard Edition designations were added are getting Launch Editions, then everyone who pre-ordered before also has a Launch Edition.

noomi

got mine pre-ordered at gamestop the day after the conference. I came in around noon during my lunch break, they said they already had about 8 pre-orders but limited quantities left (not sure how that's calculated).

Hope this means I'll be getting it launch day, not planning on standing in line at midnight though. Too old for that shit.

Sye d'Burns

Launch edition, which makes their "within minutes" comment sort of funny as I didn't put my preorder in for over an hour after the show ended.

Yeah, I'm with True Underdog. I ordered mine while having lunch about 1pm eastern the day following.

nfHR8Yu.png

edit: I know I said, after the removal of OtherOS, that I was done with consoles at the conclusion of this generation. What can I say? I was still caught up in the moment 14 or so hours later.

I was surprised to see how high the Xbone is on the Video games sales charts on Amazon. I was, that is, until I saw the game pre-orders.

Then....

What this leads me to believe is that the bulk of initial Xbox One sales are due to hedgers and scalpers.

Meh, I don't know if that alone is reason for that. I still think there will be a big demand for Xbone, but people may be waiting to preorder the games. Plus, can't forget that it does cost $100 more. That pretty chunk of change could've been used to preorder some games a la PS4.

Has it been confirmed that the product page and the already purchased notice is an accurate indicator? Like others, I preordered basically at the moment they announced the price, so there was not distinction at that time. My email and order information only says Playstation 4.

KHarvey16

Pre-ordered on the 10th with 2 day shipping as a non-prime member and my order history shows launch edition.

Edit: Strange...the mobile version of the amazon site says launch edition in the order history but with the desktop version I have to click on the launch edition page to see the note at the top.

Storm360

I just asked Amazon support in the UK if I will receive it by launch, and got told I will get it on or before launch

I preordered early, so it might be worth checking if you are a late pre order however

BFIB

Standard unfortunately. Oh well, I figured, I wasn't going to find a preorder anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much. Pretty sure all those who ordered within the first few days will be good to go.

Just those who got in extremely early will get the launch edition. I got lucky to already see the preorder already being on Amazon at the time.

guek

Banned
Wish I wasn't standard edition. I feel so second class :-(

Tempted to go pre-order at gamestop, I called in and said they still have launch units available but require a $100 deposit...eff that.

Then....

Honestly this is probably a very apt analysis on the surface level.

Ramma2

I have my preorder in, but have 125$ in Amazon gift cards that I didn't have on my account at the time of order. Do you think I'll be able to get them applied to the order some how?

BFIB

I have my preorder in, but have 125$ in Amazon gift cards that I didn't have on my account at the time of order. Do you think I'll be able to get them applied to the order some how?

On your order, there should be an option to change your payment method.

You can then add the cards back on, and have whatever card you have saved on the rest of the cost.

KHarvey16

You can change your payment method any time up to a day or two before it ships if I remember right. Certainly you could do it now.

Magnus

Amazon.ca's preorder doesn't seem to specify Launch or Standard. Hmm.

No matter. It's just a backup. Got my system preordered at my buddy's EB Games.

Leucrota

Meh, fine with standard. I bet there will be more than enough going around launch day between all the retailers, amazon is just there to keep my bases covered.

How many people do you really think ordered it in the first day or two vs. The amount of consoles Sony will ship?

KHarvey16

Easy way to check: login to your account on a mobile browser and check your orders. Under the PS4 preorder click to view order details.

I have a launch. I thought I had a standard and I freaked the fuck out, was ready to cancel my order. Then I learned how to check and see if it's a "launch" or not. Thankfully it was.

foladar

Anybody picking up a warranty, and where would you do that since it won't be out for 5+ months? Squaretrade warranties are only valid on first 30 days? I swear Amazon has a 2-yr warranty, but their "help" claims they didn't and I'd have to ask Sony..

I bought a Vita at launch, a Wii U at launch and now a PS4 at launch. That's all the systems I will be buying for a while (I already have a 3DS).

Meh, fine with standard. I bet there will be more than enough going around launch day between all the retailers, amazon is just there to keep my bases covered.

How many people do you really think ordered it in the first day or two vs. The amount of consoles Sony will ship?

They won't meet demand or even come close.

Top Bottom