• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

irishcow

Mine was a standard edition yesterday. Now it has been updated to the launch edition. I ordered an hour or so after the conference ended.

This is bullshit. I ordered mine 1 minute after PS4's went up on Amazon and there was only one SKU option. Now my order doesn't mention it's the Launch Edition.

LiK

I have Prime, ordered on June 10th when their was only a STANDARD. I find out today that there is a launch and now it's sold out. People who preordered after can now get it before me because of this.

"The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. "

Such a crock of crap, mine still says STANDARD.
don't we technically get upgraded? Would suck if we didn't.

Valnen

Not everyone got the launch edition, despite what everyones amazon page says. They will probably be correcting orders soon.

What is Amazon's mobile site says you have the launch edition in order details? Mine says launch on that too.

I have Prime if that's relevant.

Gamespawn

FALSE ALARM! Was on my Vita earlier and it wouldn't load the launch edition page and on my order, it kept taking me back to the Standard ED page. Just checked on my laptop, and sure enough...

LAUNCH EDITION!!!!!!!!!!

Hattori

Banned
This is bullshit. I ordered mine 1 minute after PS4's went up on Amazon and there was only one SKU option. Now my order doesn't mention it's the Launch Edition.

I'm pretty sure yours is a launch edition, but if you want to make sure talk to customer service to confirm.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just pre-ordered off Best Buy, so here is hoping...

Nearly had a launch edition on Amazon, but backed out as I was too hesitant at the moment.

Krakn3Dfx

You more than likely have a launch model. Go to the PS4 page on Amazon while you're logged in, click the Launch Model option, and a yellow stripe should show up at the top saying you ordered it on Date/Time. If that same yellow stripe doesn't show up for Standard Edition, then definitely have a launch model.

I got from Newegg (because they don't charge tax) with next-day delivery and I don't see different versions there. So it's only Amazon thing?

Mindlog

Another easy surefire way to know which one you have (from the original thread.)
Check the link on your receipt. If the ASIN is B00BGA9WK2 you have the launch edition.

Gamespawn

Go to the product page and click on the Launch ED button. At the top, it should say you ordered it in a yellow banner.

Double D

mine says neither. just Playstation 4.

This took me forever to figure out. Be logged into amazon. You aren't looking on your orders page. Just go to the product page for the PS4 console. You'll see that you can select 'Standard' or 'Launch'. When you select one or the other an alert pops up on the top of the page telling you that you have ordered this item.

You more than likely have a launch model. Go to the PS4 page on Amazon while you're logged in, click the Launch Model option, and a yellow stripe should show up at the top saying you ordered it on Date/Time. If that same yellow stripe doesn't show up for Standard Edition, then definitely have a launch model.

Ok, I have the yellow bar when I click the launch edition SKU, but in my order history it still just says "PlayStation 4." Am I safe?

How do I find the ASIN?

Jomjom

Banned
Amazon is not saying that Standard automatically means you won't get it Day 1, so you guys should still keep your preorders. They will try to fulfill the standard Day 1 as well.

Also "few minutes"?? I preordered mine an hour or two after it went up and still got Launch Edition.

Gumbie

I'll just post these pics again:

MgXcViF.png

B0DdnN4.png

Jesus people take 2 minutes to read a few replies before running to Amazon chat.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ok, I have the yellow bar when I click the launch edition SKU, but in my order history it still just says "PlayStation 4." Am I safe?

How do I find the ASIN?

Look at the URL. The product number for the launch edition has B00B in it.

Valnen

How do I find the ASIN?

Mouse over "Playstation 4" in your order details, the ASIN should be at the end of the URL.

Sounds to me like you got a launch edition. Amazon really ought to do something to make checking this easier. Perhaps email people telling them their order is a launch edition.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy. I had no issues on Wii U launch day, walked in and walked out with it, so hopefully will go just as smooth this time around as well.

Top Bottom