• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

W1SSY

Nice of Amazon to put this information out. I got a launch edition myself. Not for sure if I will keep it but it's a long time until release so I can decide to cancel later.

Toki767

Launch, but I'll probably cancel it since I have a GameStop preorder too and I might want to go to the midnight launch.

Launch and number 2 at my gamestop, I am locked in.

Launch day one edition for XBOne on amazon, havent decided what I want to do with it yet.

Downhome

Launch.

I ordered at 11:09 PM, pretty much as soon as I recieved the email from Amazon alerting me that it was up for preorder.

Arment

Weird, I pre-ordered a Launch edition on my account the minute it was available and then had some hindsight about 5 hours later so I also pre-ordered another on my mom's account because she has prime and I don't. Just checked and they're both Launch editions.

Doesn't seem like they ran out in minutes.

I don't deal much with GameStop but I pre-ordered in-store because I wanted the full day-one, line-up-at-midnight experience. Glad I did that now, though I'm still concerned about there being shortages...

Wow. what the heck.

I preordered when it first went up on 6/10 and now they have a launch edition. Why the hell didn't they do that from the get go.

Ok this is wierd...mine does not say launch edition if I look at my order list. When I go to the page to preorder and click the launch edition option it says I already preordered it. It does not say that if I put up a standard preorder.

RMI

Banned
Thank Christ I got the launch edition.

I preordered as soon as the price was announced but I don't remember specifying which edition I ordered. Checked now and looks like I'm good to go.

Also I have prime, so maybe that made the difference?

Flo_Evans

Weird, I pre-ordered a Launch edition on my account the minute it was available and then in hindsight about 5 hours later I also pre-ordered another on my mom's account because she has prime and I don't. Just checked and they're both Launch editions.

Doesn't seem like they ran out in minutes.

I don't think they really know how many they are going to get. Sony has probably said :hey amazon we can supply 100,000 unit for launch" but they may get more or less depending on how manufacturing goes.

knitoe

I am starting to think people with Prime are getting on launch due to faster free shipping. Other orders, sometimes afterward due to the slower shipping. It seems time of the order doesn't matter because some people are saying they ordered mins after the conference.

I don't deal much with GameStop but I pre-ordered in-store because I wanted the full day-one, line-up-at-midnight experience. Glad I did that now, though I'm still concerned about there being shortages...

I would be very happy if there were shortages and I got 2 PS4s.

rhoq

Ordered yesterday, got the "Launch Edition". Amazon has a notice posted on the "Standard Edition" page.

Product Alert
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

dubq

I think Best Buy may end up being the more reliable of the two orders I placed. My was through a RewardZone email that said if members order before June 12 @ 7pm then you're guaranteed a console. Needless to say, I ordered within 5 minutes of receiving that email. ;)

nataku

Hopefully launch edition, but going by what a few people here say maybe not. I do get the order update for the launch edition, but so do other people despite Amazon CS telling them they have the standard.

Seems pretty shitty of Amazon to not give people who ordered right after the pre-orders went up the launch edition, provided they have the numbers to cover it. I never had the option to chose.

launch edition = standard edition

i believe it just means you're getting one from the first shipment.

i'd rather just pre-order in store.

Certinty

UK don't have anything like this yet. Preordered a few weeks ago so really hope I get mine at launch though.

Apath

Launch, but I'll probably cancel it since I have a GameStop preorder too and I might want to go to the midnight launch.
You could always sell the Game Stop one to someone waiting in line or isn't able to get one when stores open the day of release. People were paying $500 for just the ticket to guarantee an Xbox at Best Buy the day the 360 launched. PS3 was going for over $2000 on release day (and quickly dropped after it was discovered that people could still find them in stores).

Arment

I am starting to think people with Prime are getting on launch due to faster free shipping. Other orders, sometimes afterward due to the slower shipping.

That makes sense. The account I ordered with instantly was non-Prime and the account I ordered with 5 hours later was a Prime account. Only way it makes sense right now.

I used to be all in for the midnight releases but I'll be happy just to receive mine at the front door sometime that day.

LiK

Well, I guess I technically have Launch then. Ordered as soon as it went live and I have Prime.

gatti-man

I've got the launch edition. Not that I trust any one retailer. I think Sony will run into production issues with gddr5 and have a limited launch. Its why I preordered everywhere I could.

Rubezh

There's no kind of differentiation on Amazon UK. In fact, it still says you can get it on launch day if you select First Class mail.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That makes sense. The account I ordered with instantly was non-Prime and the account I ordered with 5 hours later was a Prime account. Only way it makes sense right now.

I used to be all in for the midnight releases but I'll be happy just to receive mine at the front door sometime that day.

They didn't even add the "Launch/Standard Edition" separate pages until a good long while after they started taking orders.

My order technically just says "Playstation 4", but I ordered it within the first minute of it being available, and the page itself tells me I ordered it when I'm on the Launch Edition page. I have Prime.

I imagine orders that just say "Playstation 4" are assumed Launch Editions because otherwise they would say Standard Edition.

I just checked again, mine has been changed from launch edition to standard edition.

I r cry.

Your order was actually changed? That... doesn't really make sense.

Cubs023

Neo Member
Ordered yesterday, got the "Launch Edition". Amazon has a notice posted on the "Standard Edition" page.

Product Alert
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

Thanks for the information, I didn't check both pages well enough. I preordered shortly (about 30 minutes) after the conference and have Amazon Prime in case that helps anyone else.

Arment

They didn't even add the "Launch/Standard Edition" separate pages until a good long while after they started taking orders.

My order technically just says "Playstation 4", but I ordered it within the first minute of it being available, and the page itself tells me I ordered it when I'm on the Launch Edition page. I have Prime.

True enough, I hadn't seen the separation until today.

Owzers

I've got the launch edition. Not that I trust any one retailer. I think Sony will run into production issues with gddr5 and have a limited launch. Its why I preordered everywhere I could.

I'm going to settle for an amazon and best buy in-store pick-up combo.

Top Bottom