• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 owns 70% share of current-gen consoles in Italy

chadskin

By VG247 Italy, via Google Translate:
Sony has announced some sales data regarding PlayStation 4 in Italy.

The console Sony is dominating the Italian market next-gen, with an average of 70% in favor. The next-generation consoles, also, has already sold 60% faster than the PlayStation 3.

As for the PlayStation Plus, instead, the numbers are even more encouraging. A PS4 of 2 has a PlayStation Plus subscription, then 50% of the players have chosen to subscribe to the online service from Sony.

Numbers really exceptional, not only confirms the good done with Sony PlayStation 4.
https://translate.google.com/transl...e-la-console-piu-venduta-di-sempre-in-italia/

• 70% market share of current-gen consoles (PS4 + XBO + Wii U) in Italy
  • PS4 sold 60% faster than PS3 in the same timeframe
  • 50% of PS4 owners are PS+ subscribers

impact

Banned
probably similar for Spain, Portugal, Germany, and really just most of Europe outside the UK.

France loves their Nintendo though

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's literally only the US and the UK that's stopping it from being like that worldwide, MS should be counting their blessings that those markets haven't abandoned them

bombshell

It's kind of insane that it looks this grim for XB1 in tier 1 countries like Germany and Italy.

I can't imagine how bad it looks in tier 2 EU countries where it launched much later than the PS4.

danmaku

Nothing new, Italy is Sonyland since the PS1. The 360 gained some market share, but then the One threw it away.

Hanmik

here is gif showing European men playing a joke on their wives.. (I can´t spell)

AGqfnoL.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yea but the XB1 is doing great in New Zealand.

So realistically, the best that MS can hope for is to get about a 40-45% share in the UK/US? That's quite a drop.

IvanJ

Banned
It's kind of insane that it looks this grim for XB1 in tier 1 countries like Germany and Italy.

I can't imagine how bad it looks in tier 2 EU countries where it launched much later than the PS4.

Just try to imagine how it is in EU Tier 3 countries (i.e. those that MS skipped completely).

FDC1

probably similar for Spain, Portugal, Germany, and really just most of Europe outside the UK.

Can we stop the "France is Nintendo Land" thing? It does better than in most of other european countries but WiiU is still pretty much a flop there too.

Sony sold more than 100k in Portugal. Might not seen much but it's a small country. No clue about the Xbox One and WiiU.

Guymelef

Something like 55% at the end of 2014 in France IIRC.

Yep, I'm researching again and I see something strange.
12-18-2014:
Currently:

PS4: 1.000.000
Wii U: 490.000
XBO: 300.000 - 330.000

No.

PS4 = see this thread
WiiU = announced today by Nintendo
XBO = GfK 2013 + Nintendo statements today

But two weeks ago:
both countries through 2014

Germany
PS4: 1,392,000
XBO: 331,000
ratio: 4.21

France
PS4: 1,100,000 (-21.0% from Germany)
XBO: 416,000 (+25.7% from Germany)
ratio: 2.64 (looks like I was right about France being the most favorable Xbox market in continental Europe...though that's not saying much)

impact

Banned
Can we stop the "France is Nintendo Land" thing? It does better than in most of other european countries but WiiU is still pretty much a flop there too.

3DS and 3DS SW do really well there, I thought?

Wii U doesn't do shit anywhere in the world m8, best to ignore it (like Nintendo does)

The mob made sure of that.
No but really, that's impressive.

hahah do you by any chance understand what the voice over says in the end?

Sorry :)

off course.. I´m Danish...

"Some ideas are better in real life" (or something like that)...

It's more like "some ideas are worth living", and then she says how cheap it is to get a loan (it's an advertisement for a bank). #correctedByASwede

That's a nice gif by the way.

Red Hood

Banned
Yeah, not surprising. PlayStation has Europe in its pockets for as long as I can remember. Xbox dominates in North America. Though I haven't seen the latest numbers from this gen, for all I know PS4 has taken a lot of XBO territory.

Yudoken

We'll, that isn't surprising at all.
Remember how the PS4 and Xbox one launched in germany?
That didn't changed much.

gadwn

50% PS Plus subscribers doesn't sound like a lot to me though. Any comparisons to other regions in this regard?

50% is really good actually. Imagine if they had that world wide. Like ~11 million plus users from only PS4? Yeah, they are not close to that world wide I'm afraid.

EGM1966

Yeah, not surprising. PlayStation has Europe in its pockets for as long as I can remember. Xbox dominates in North America. Though I haven't seen the latest numbers from this gen, for all I know PS4 has taken a lot of XBO territory.
You must have been under a rock as PS4 is currently leading in U.S. too.

Really though overall (considering all gen's) it's a stretch to just say Xbox dominates US. It drew with Nintendo last gen, Sony dominated the two gen's before that and is again leading.

Really MS has only had one strong result vs both Sony and Nintendo who have each easily sold more homes consoles overall (including U.S.) than MS.

I think a lot f people who only really came into gaming in U.S. with 360 gen see that indicating domination but so far it's more of an outlier.

Also world domination in Italy!

Top Bottom