• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sales have surpassed 5.3 million units according to Sony (As of Feb 8)

Andrew House said:
“I am thrilled that so many customers around the globe have continued to select PS4 as the best place to play throughout and beyond the holiday season," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are delighted that according to the NPD Group's latest data, PS4 was January's top-selling console in the United States. The PS4 system's momentum just keeps growing stronger, and we are extremely grateful for the continued passion and support of PlayStation fans. February 22 sees the launch of PS4 in Japan, and I'm looking forward to Japanese fans sharing the excitement of the deep social capabilities and entertainment experiences only possible on PS4."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ass-53-million-units-worldwide-245922801.html

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
89vvMM1.gif

Holy fuck.

MavFan619

Banned
Great to hear, I want everyone to get on the overall next gen train so that cross gen thing can be gone sooner than later.

With PS4 beating expectations. Atleast the PS brand won't be in the chopping block for a while. Hope the Vita can also experience a turnaround so that it won't get axed early.

Chobel

Just an educated guess:

Xbone should be around 3.3 million: 3 million from 2013 and less than 340K in January 2014 ( 141K from US, and definitely less than 200k from the rest of tier one countries)

Difference 2 million units.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
That one I'm pretty negative on, but given the strength everywhere else, I don't think it's a big deal.
I think at the very least, they'll sell every unit they make for the first batch. It'll be supply constrained for a while just like everyplace else. It's how fast it meets demand that I want to know about. How many units is the Japan launch projected for anyway?

Just an educated guess:

Xbone should be around 3.3 million: 3 million from 2013 and less than 340K in January 2014 ( 141K from US, and definitely less than 200k from the rest of tier one countries)

Difference 2 million units.

Yep the gap truly is wider than you think

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That is crazy... and people doubted that they could reach 5 million by, what was it, March?

Mrbob

So they are already above their original projection two weeks before Japan launch. Wonder how far they'll be by the end of March. Will they able to ship enough to hit 7 million?

Top Bottom