• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 181.000 units in Spain (soon 205.000)

nib95

Banned
OMG!! MS moneyhats Fifa 15 exclusive!!!

Lol, I wonder how much that would cost?

On a side note, they already had an exclusive mode with the Xbox One version of Fifa 14, and gave the game away free with the console. That didn't seem to help at all.

Vashetti

Banned
Mud sticks I'm afraid. The initial reaction to XB1 across Europe was wholly negative: intrusive camera/motion/voice control, weaker hardware/higher price, American-oriented TV TV TV SPORTS TV, combined with the the NSA/Skype/Microsoft news spreading at the time.

Despite going back on the majority of their policies, most people formed their opinion back when they unveiled the console and have already settled on PS4.

Coupled with already being "Sonyland", Europe is a lost cause. I never expected 15:1 though.

Shin-Ra

i9hBVB5zeQfmc.gif

They missed their chance when Sony didn't renew the F1 license.

Wouldn't do anything. MS is hopeless in Europe, aside from UK. Just to get to parity for Sony, they would need to undercut them in price and launch huge, blockbuster games. X360 couldn't beat PS3 in the EU with 18 months launch advantage, very similar hardware, a huge price advantage and a strong game portfolio. Also, Halo was bigger back then and GeoW was significantly stronger. How are they going to beat them this time? (Hint: they won't)

SuperÑ;99099332 said:
Siempre se te ha visto el plumero, pero ya ni te cortas.

We're a poor country, of course people will choose the cheaper option :p

que dices de plumeros chaval? a ti si que se te ve

you reasonig is piss poor,people choose the option they want..they also buy ipads or expensive phones

Spain has always been Sony territory. PS3 still sold more than Xbox360 when it was more expensive and had less games. It's no surprise it has outsold the Xbone now that is 100€ cheaper...

SGRU

Lots of spanish people in this thread. :D

Our unemployement rate is atrocious, but there's a lot of black money running through the country. It's a cultural matter, and a way of avoiding unfair taxes. If they (politicians) are going to steal public money, people tries to avoid that. I'm not supporting it, but it's the only way for small business to survive.

Regarding PS4 numbers, yes, we've always been an smart market. XD

lherre

Accurate
Another Ps4 here.

This week I saw killzone packs, knack packs (first time I saw one) and finally I saw again the killzone-camera-2controllers pack too.

Jan

I'm eager for Portugal, polland and lienchestein numbers threads. Sales-gaf never ceases to amase me.

wotter

I've checked four shops today here in Belgium (Fnac, Bart Smit, Intertoys, Gameplaza), no PS4 in sight, but Fnac had 4 Xbones, and that system has even officially launched here (import from France?). So Sony, ship some more to Europe pls.

OT: I bought a 3DS today!

joecanada

I'm eager for Portugal, polland and lienchestein numbers threads. Sales-gaf never ceases to amase me.

so your theory is that a country with the population of 47+ million does not matter? How about 10 countries, i.e. Europe?

Top Bottom