• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Slim 1TB on shelves this month, $299 MSRP

Pretty distracted by dat ass. There's a bundle?
It's padded.
No mo, but Ken Griffey Jr has a fatty ya'll.
lol

I don't think GT has the same impact anymore especially with the new direction it's taking by focusing more on the eSports instead of the in depth career mode the series is known for. I might actually get a Scorpio and my first Forza game this year for my driving fix.
The last GT sold 5M+ units despite launching the same year as PS4.

scitek

Why Griffey? He's mostly known in the video game world for his Nintendo games, and he's been retired for some time now.

Sulik2

PS4 on its way to a 250 price drop at E3 and 199 black Friday sales. Microsoft and Nintendo should be terrified of the ps4 approaching mass market prices.

Cleve

Why Griffey? He's mostly known in the video game world for his Nintendo games, and he's been retired for some time now.

Probably trying to grab lapsed fans that used to play Griffey games in their childhoods. It's gotta be tough trying to expand the reach of something like the show. Besides, Griffey was/is awesome.

Pretty sure this was already available since a few weeks after the 500gb Slim's release last year, at least in EU.
This is a new SKU for NA.

Game not included, by the way, just the core hardware stuff.

Also the reason they're probably doing this is because low-capacity HDDs gradually become more of a pain to source than larger ones so they just change the SKU to accommodate what is readily available at good prices.

No one I know has paid more that $320 for a brand new Pro. They have been on sale a few times. Actually my upgrade to Pro was because of this needed a bigger HDD and faster Wi-Fi!

What, how??? I've been browsing Slickdeals and have never seen a price dip below $360 or so...

Dynomutt

What, how??? I've been browsing Slickdeals and have never seen a price dip below $360 or so...

Target 15% Registry codes (Wedding/Baby/College) and Cartwheel Occasionally has 10%-15% and 5% Red Card stack all 3 of those, if lucky even Craigslist brand new...

This was a few months ago so keep an eye out bound to come around.

Unknown?

I don't think GT has the same impact anymore especially with the new direction it's taking by focusing more on the eSports instead of the in depth career mode the series is known for. I might actually get a Scorpio and my first Forza game this year for my driving fix.
It most certainly does and with all games with huge legs being multiplayer it'll be even stronger. I remember people saying the same about GT5 and that turned out to be the second best selling GT.

Is there an official slim thread?, I thought there was but couldn't find it.

Besides playing Persona 5 ( essentially a PS3 game) I tried some other games that were pretty noisy on my old launch PS4 like Driveclub and Witcher 3, and on my slim they were near whisper quiet.

Top Bottom