• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 User Manual out now

Cartman86

Banned
DaKxpWo.png

The Library displays all the games you can download! RIP Download List.

Apparently it looks almost exactly like the old Download List though since the store is integrated into the OS it will probably load significantly faster.

Cartman86

Banned
  • If multiple users are logged in to a single PS4™ system and playing the same game when a trophy is earned, all of those users earn the trophy.

Would be funny if this is literally true. People will just ask for to be signed in to get trophies they didn't earn.

• Your earned trophies are saved to the PS4™ system and automatically synchronized with the PSNSM server. You can also manually synchronize your trophies. Press the OPTIONS button from (Trophies), and then select [Sync Trophies with PSN].

More fuel for the trophy fire. Who knows when it actually automatically syncs, but if your saves sync when you go into standby or power off then it would seem reasonable that trophies would sync at that moment as well right?

Cartman86

Banned
Yea manually saving it was a pain.

Now i wonder how well it does it when loading (gives an option of storage devices like 360?, auto load, etc)

Yeah i'm worried you will have to manually go into the "System Storage Management" and manually copy it to the local device. Still looking to see if there are any descriptions of logging into another console.

Deitus

The streaming interface looks pretty solid:

osd_share_broadcast.jpg

I didn't expect to be able to get the overlay for streaming like that. I hope you can toggle between that view and fullscreen easily though, because that could get annoying to play like that.

Trophy rarity

There are 4 levels of rarity for trophies. The rarity level depends on the percentage of players who have earned the same trophy. As the percentage of players who have earned the trophy decreases, the trophy rarity increases in this order: common, rare, very rare, ultra rare.

Also neat. It's not quite on the level of Steam's ability to see what percentage of players have earned an achievement, but it's still nice to have an any indication at all that a trophy might be hard to get.

ohNOitsRO

So is the firmware update adding Blu Ray 3D support? I keep saying posters say yeah, then others say it says nothing about Blu Ray 3D

Personally I can't find anything on Google, so if someone could shed light on this it would be nice..

This is a bigger deal to me than the whole MP3 fiasco

hawk2025

osd_share_broadcast.jpg

I didn't expect to be able to get the overlay for streaming like that. I hope you can toggle between that view and fullscreen easily though, because that could get annoying to play like that.

Also neat. It's not quite on the level of Steam's ability to see what percentage of players have earned an achievement, but it's still nice to have an any indication at all that a trophy might be hard to get.

Actually, the PS App at least does let you see the percentage :)

Kinan

So is the firmware update adding Blu Ray 3D support? I keep saying posters say yeah, then others say it says nothing about Blu Ray 3D

Personally I can't find anything on Google, so if someone could shed light on this it would be nice..

Since the manual says its for firmware 1.50 or later, i would say there will be no bluray 3D patch in the day 1 update. Dissapointing...

the only thing 1.5 adds is blu-ray/dvd playback. i remember mort mentioning that that's not the full list of things being updated

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/25/ps4-system-software-update-1-50-details/

Cartman86

Banned

osd_share_broadcast.jpg

Still curious if that video feed is actually a part of the stream or if someone goes to the twitch website would they not be able to see the camera?

Eusis

Good. The ps3 store looked great and was well designed it just ran like shit. Crossing my digits that this is smooth.
It's almost certainly a case where they designed it for PS4 and just threw it on PS3 anyway.

Wish they fucking held off until the PS4, even if it ran smoothly on the PS3 I like the sense of feeling NEW.

Pingoreous

There's a video on the Wired website (I think) where Sony engineer took apart the PS4. To remove the HDD you lift up the left section, and unscrew one screw.

Yeah i saw that one but, i wanna know if i can just insert a new drive right out off the box. I don't know where the OS resides. Do i have to re-download whats in the stock drive.

Yeah i'm worried you will have to manually go into the "System Storage Management" and manually copy it to the local device. Still looking to see if there are any descriptions of logging into another console.

I hope its not that complicated especially since the online storage saving has been streamlined a bit lol

Cartman86

Banned
Is there a way to send an invite to everyone in your Party through the Party Chat window?

Game invites? Good question. There doesn't appear to be a way to send an invite to someone through your friends list/player profile either. At least I don't see any icon (could be context sensitive like 360 or PS3 eventually had) for it. The manual says this

Sending

You can send game invitations and items in supported games to Friends or other players. Methods for sending vary depending on the game.

UPDATE: This page shows how you can join them if they are in an open session. Don't know yet how private session invites would work.

Game invites? Good question. There doesn't appear to be a way to send an invite to someone through your friends list/player profile either. At least I don't see any icon (could be context sentitive like 360 or PS3 eventually had) for it. The manual says this

Yea, saw that. Hopefully you don't have to send manual invites to each person in the party

Soupstorm

Neo Member
fPfjuXm.png

This right here is awesome. Not only does it save the screenshot when you begin the button press, it even seems to let you switch up which press activates which media. I was worried about both of those things and it turned out perfect.

Still curious if that video feed is actually a part of the stream or if someone goes to the twitch website would they not be able to see the camera?

I'm hopeful that "change settings for the camera" means we can edit where it gets superimposed on the game and how big it is, not just toggling it on and off. Which also means I hope this streaming overlay is just an admin screen you switch to occasionally. I don't think it's written clearly enough for anyone to say for sure yet, unless it's been stated elsewhere by Yosp or something and I just haven't seen it.

Teddified

Would be funny if this is literally true. People will just ask for to be signed in to get trophies they didn't earn.

More fuel for the trophy fire. Who knows when it actually automatically syncs, but if your saves sync when you go into standby or power off then it would seem reasonable that trophies would sync at that moment as well right?

That would make sense during standby. But I'm more surprised about having to use OPTIONS to select stuff, on PS3 it was just Triangle, wonder if we can still use Triangle or all the submenus are brought up with OPTIONS now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

When I read it, it sounds like it works just like the Vita trophy app. Once you load the trophy app, it automatically syncs.

John_B

Apparently it looks almost exactly like the old Download List though since the store is integrated into the OS it will probably load significantly faster.
Who ever enjoyed to browse an old download history?

Is it that hard to do it like Apple or Valve? All your purchased games are just in your games list. Nice little icon attached to the artwork if it's not downloaded.

hV63Px2.jpg

Cartman86

Banned
Who ever enjoyed to browse an old download history?

Is it that hard to do it like Apple or Valve? All your purchased games are just in your games list. Nice little icon attached to the artwork if it's not downloaded.

hV63Px2.jpg

Oh yeah for sure this is exactly how it should be. With the option to filter by installed as well. Apparently Xbox One does this.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Top Bottom