• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 User Manual out now

John_B

Oh yeah for sure this is exactly how it should be. With the option to filter by installed as well. Apparently Xbox One does this.
GAF can make this happen. Someone should do a design sketch and forward it to Sony.

But as a whole the UI seems pretty solid for a first draft. Sony should keep building and improving on it though.

Cartman86

Banned
Literally the most annoying thing about the PS3 XMB.

BOOYAH!!

We don't know that yet. You can't make that assumption.

by loading faster I mean you won't have to load into a seperate store app. It's right there on the front page of the UI. I think it's pretty safe to say that getting to it will be much easier.

My claim that it looks like the current download list is based on some posts here on GAF from the Sony event where someone said exactly that. I'll go find the link.

UPDATE: Here it is Oh wait you responded to that link in the GAF thread yesterday so you must be talking about the loading thing.

tensuke

Whoa, lots of excellent reading for the next few days! Loving the UI shots, PS4 UI is really pretty so far. Share button implementation seems really nice, double click to set video start point is great.

"This model of the PS4™ system is designed to play PlayStation®4 format software."

This model...as opposed to all the other models that play other types of software? Believe.

2wz5AsY.png

but i play games naked?

Broman1978

Gotta love the english to swedish translation for Party (the party chat)
English -- Party
Swedish -- Fest (means party like a party with drinks or cake or something)

I plan on keeping my PS3 hooked up to my TV anyways (tons of PS+ games, PSN bought games, and a backlog that will occupy me till PS5 comes out) but I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of BR 3D support. Looks as if Ill be using the PS3 for that also for a wee bit longer.

My only issue now is figuring out how I fit 2 consoles on my minimalist TV stand/cabinet...

LOL, Am I the only one that will probably never use almost any of these features? I actually use my consoles like if they still were an 8-bit NES. (see also: no gaming friends)

Erasus

No MP4/AVI/MKV support?

No BR3D support?

Are you daft Sony? Why take away these features? I get that you want us to use Video Unlimited like you are Apple but uuuuuuuugh

Time to build a HTPC for my parents or keep the PS3 plugged in.

Everything else seems nice though, screens etc
Webbrowser seems decent. Nice new trophy features.

I'm still a little miffed that the PS4 won't support the PS3's Bluetooth remote, and that Sony don't seem to have a PS4 version in the works :-(

I DON'T want to have to use the DS4 to control blu-ray/DVD playback!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm still a little miffed that the PS4 won't support the PS3's Bluetooth remote, and that Sony don't seem to have a PS4 version in the works :-(

Im in the same boat, Im just going to use my TV remote in the meantime

glaurung

Wait, not a peep about replacing the hard drive?

I kind of want to know whether I can shove 2TB of storage into my PS4 or not. 500GB sounds like a joke with those minimum install sizes.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wait, not a peep about replacing the hard drive?

I kind of want to know whether I can shove 2TB of storage into my PS4 or not. 500GB sounds like a joke with those minimum install sizes.
HDD stuff will end up getting posted on the Knowledge Center. The categories are already up, so we just have to wait for them to make the articles public.

qG7MgLk.png

DBT85

I'm hoping and expecting to be able to use he PS app on my phone/tablet to control media playback. Much like the XBMC or Yatse remotes for my htpc.

glaurung

I'm hoping and expecting to be able to use he PS app on my phone/tablet to control media playback. Much like the XBMC or Yatse remotes for my htpc.
With Bravia Sync it would be possible to use the TV remote via HDMI control. So in theory it could work - but I have no idea whether it is supported similar to PS3 in PS4.

It sucks that there is no new official proper remote control. I bought my first BD Remote with my original launch PS3 and I used it all the way up to replacing it with the new Japanese model some years back.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Hopefully PS app, or sony's side view app which can control some of their bluray players and TVs

B_Boss

Here's a question.....any word on the potential ability to 'gift' other PSN members in the future if not now?

doby

The Power indicator is not the LED bar. That bar will always light blue (I believe).

but the 'B' in the diagram is pointing to the bar.

I think the manual is just plain wrong on this, I've seen the white light but only on dummy units around the time of E3. The one in the Francis unboxing powers on blue, and pulses on start up.

Edit: Actually perhaps it boots up in blue then turns white when its ready...that seems a bit anti-climatic though. Should be the other way round.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
osd_messages_send.jpg

Whats the "PS4 Lovers" thing? Ive seen it in a bunch of screenshots... a grouping system?

Top Bottom