• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 with Silent Hills demo P.T. installed listed for £1000 on ebay

SerTapTap

No one will bid or if they do it will be a joke. These pop up almost any time something significant is pulled from a store. If it starts selling like Amiibo do, then it's news.

I've got over 400 Rare Pepes on my PS4 if anyone wants to spend $5000 on it though.

PS4 HDD for sale with PT Installed ...

715.gif

Banned
I'll just redownload it and sell it for $999 Canadian. U.S. buyers will think they're getting a deal and I'll use that cash to buy a new PS4 and some eShop gift cards.

cyress8

Banned
Why would anyone buy this when you can actually "buy" P.T. using the playstation store in you browser. I just did that and have not even purchased a ps4. You just need an account.

mattp

eh
i dont think this will sell
show me an actual auction with bids and i'll believe

just cuz this guy set the price doesnt mean anyone is gonna pay it

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, considering PT is lauded as one of the best survival horror experiences gaming has ever seen and it is now completely unavailable to new players, I don't see why anybody is surprised.

People were paying $100 for copies of Suikoden. People will pay for PT too. Maybe not $1,000 though.

I'd be wary of anyone who actually has this opinion. It was a fun demo and showed great promise of what the full game could be but one of the best survival horror experience ever? Not even close.

Seems a bit silly considering there's a pretty big chance it'll remain on the servers after it's taken off the store. Would really be a shame if that's not the case though.

itsgreen

(Why is this a thing, I can buy a PS4 and put it on ebay for 1 billion dollar, asking it and getting it are two things, anybody can make a listing)

It's still available for download.

all this person did was prompt a bunch of resellers to make 50 PSN accounts today and load up PS4s. And lots of people who don't have PS4s are making accounts to get it on their download list.

Widge

The best thing about PT was the story around it, the actual thing itself was never designed to be a good demo...

Megatron

Question: If you downloaded P.T. in the past but have uninstalled it, are you able to re-download it at least?

P.T. makes for a fun game to show friends when they come over.

Nobody knows for sure but since it is a free demo for a game never released, you shouldn't assume it will be re-downloadable. I would highly recommend downloading it now.

skelekey

I'm sorry, but do people actually believe this? I can't see PT being up there with the likes of Silent Hill 2 and other great survival horror games. Don't even get me started on its design (which yes, I know it was intentionally obtuse) which I can't believe would have someone even calling it a great game.

It was a great experience in gaming all together, what with the community working together and all that, but beyond that it as a game, survival horror or otherwise, it isn't deserving of the praise it gets. But then again I think Five Nights at Freddy's is terrible but some parts of the gaming community would gut me for saying that.

I'd be wary of anyone who actually has this opinion. It was a fun demo and showed great promise of what the full game could be but one of the best survival horror experience ever? Not even close.

Well for me it was the first time a game ever legitimately scared me and had me checking to make sure that there was nothing creepy in my room. So for me it is the best horror game ever made.

Couldn't you just make a new account, "buy" PT, and then sell the account? Like, why go through all the trouble of installing it and selling a PS4?

I guess maybe if it's completely yanked from servers...

Valnen

Probably the best horror experience this generation of consoles will ever see, sadly.

TomShoe

Banned
It's not as bad as the shit you've pulled in the BST thread here. Go for it.

People are still harping on that? Quoting my own avatar, geez.

Here's the PM I sent to Cloggerdude when he questioned me about it:

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post. When I saw someone post on the demo OT that they sold their code for $40, I listed a code with the intention of buying the game and just selling the code for $40, meaning I would get Type-0 HD for just $8.

I decided against it since it just wasn't worth the hassle / risk of not getting a demo copy and took it off the page. I'm just going to buy the demo instead, I don't want Type-0 at all, at least not now.

Sorry for all the confusion :/

Logash

Did they take it down yet? Just curtious because I wanted to download it before they took it down because I really enjoyed the demo.

Caderfix

Did they take it down yet? Just curtious because I wanted to download it before they took it down because I really enjoyed the demo.

No, it wasn't. But, don't worry, if you miss it I can sell a PS4 to you with it installed for $700 only!

Well, considering PT is lauded as one of the best survival horror experiences gaming has ever seen and it is now completely unavailable to new players, I don't see why anybody is surprised.

LOL

Man, I liked PT for what it is but calling it the best survival horror experiences gaming has ever seen is ridiculously over the top even by GAF standards.

KyleCross

Well for me it was the first time a game ever legitimately scared me and had me checking to make sure that there was nothing creepy in my room. So for me it is the best horror game ever made.
A horror game being scary doesn't instantly make it a great horror game, that's not how it works. It needs to have a lot more than that and frankly PT didn't... because it wasn't suppose to. It was a marketing tool for an upcoming (now cancelled) game. People are really being silly putting it on a pedestal, frankly it's unfair to it.

Varvor

Can i get a clarification on demo availability issue...as it seems there are too many mixed messeges all around.

I "bought" the demo and downloaded it on my ps4, if i delete it will i be able to redownload it from psn servers as it would be tied to my account?

Or is demo gone for good?

BriGuy

The only way this is worth that kind of money is if the seller gets murdered in a botched robbery when he tries to deliver it and then his ghost ends up haunting the demo.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can i get a clarification on demo availability issue...as it seems there are too many mixed messeges all around.

I "bought" the demo and downloaded it on my ps4, if i delete it will i be able to redownload it from psn servers as it would be tied to my account?

Or is demo gone for good?

That's the one million dollar question. No one knows for sure until it's actually gone.

Top Bottom