• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 with Silent Hills demo P.T. installed listed for £1000 on ebay

I think i will attempt to sell my system + PT for like $400-$500, since i am done with PS4 til the holidays, after bloodborne (fantastic game btw) i am out until uncharted remastered releases this holiday, i bet it will happen, gotta believe
that $400-$500 will hopefully cover the price for the black friday bundle + uncharted remaster

sucks i'll lose my account and trophies but its just a name :p

Are these recent sales legit? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ps4+P.T.&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

If so, I am going to sell my PS4. I'll buy a new one and pocket the extra $600.

Hard to tell, but considering all of the ones I clicked on had 1 bid from people with 0 feedback (and most of the sellers seemed to have 0 feedback, too?), I'm not sure what to make of it. Comes off as being highly suspicious to me. Even if it shows up as "sold" does that mean the person actually paid for the console? Crazy, if so.

Something like this seems a lot more realistic (which is reflected in the number of bids, especially from people with more than 0 feedback): http://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation...808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d31aa8608

Sitris

Oh yeah, and I was mistakenly looking at the seller's feedback on that one and not the buyer's. I can't imagine any PS4 with just P.T. has sold for anything close to $1k+. Yet.
I'd hope not, that seems like an insanly odd thing to spend that sort of money on... If someone wanted to play PT that much, why didn't they just buy it a month ago? Unless it's just a wealthy game collector, wanting something that is no longer available.

I guarantee nobody is actually paying these inflated prices. But there's definitely a lot of eyes on these auctions and people wondering whether the sales are legit, just like this thread.

People are just trying to create a market. Have a bunch of fake sales for $1200 for a PT PS4 then put up an $800 listing, hoping people will think it's a steal.

I hope to god nobody actually takes the bait.

Paasei

So before I start with my question let me apologize for being off-topic here. I simply had no clue where else to ask this question, and I was also unable to make a thread concerning my question.

Okay, so I'm willing to sell my PS4 to my cousin and add a few games with it that I don't play anymore. He's not very interested in most of games that I own physically. So I'm wondering if I'm able to install, let's say, Ground Zeroes and Tomb Raider on the HDD. Will he then be able to play those 2 games on his own PSN account, seeing they are installed?

And although this thread might've actually answered my question already, it might be because P.T. is/was a demo.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So before I start with my question let me apologize for being off-topic here. I simply had no clue where else to ask this question, and I was also unable to make a thread concerning my question.

Okay, so I'm willing to sell my PS4 to my cousin and add a few games with it that I don't play anymore. He's not very interested in most of games that I own physically. So I'm wondering if I'm able to install, let's say, Ground Zeroes and Tomb Raider on the HDD. Will he then be able to play those 2 games on his own PSN account, seeing they are installed?

You will have to keep your account on that PS4. Do you trust your cousin with your account?

He can play it on his account but you cannot remove your account from that system.

Paasei

You will have to keep your account on that PS4. Do you trust your cousin with your account?

He can play it on his account but you cannot remove your account from that system.

I do trust him with it. Then again I could always change the password, so he cannot login on the PS Store with my account anyway. If it works that way.

Seeing this thread has been bumped I'd say it's the right time to ask. Is it possible to transfer P.T. from one PS4 to another PS4 if it's on your download list? So basically a mate has a PS4 with P.T. installed, and I have a PS4 without P.T. installed, but it is on my download list. Would it be possible for me to somehow get P.T.?

Seeing this thread has been bumped I'd say it's the right time to ask. Is it possible to transfer P.T. from one PS4 to another PS4 if it's on your download list? So basically a mate has a PS4 with P.T. installed, and I have a PS4 without P.T. installed, but it is on my download list. Would it be possible for me to somehow get P.T.?

No.

It's pulled from the servers.

nul4kRC.jpg

epmode

Konami killed PT as hard as they could without asking Sony to actually delete the already-installed game from your HDD.

Actually, I bet they did ask Sony about that.

Shiggy

What are the PS+ terms? Is Sony allowed to simply remove games which were part of the PS+ service? P.T. was only available through that in Germany.

TacosNSalsa

And although this thread might've actually answered my question already, it might be because P.T. is/was a demo.
Aside from having to keep your account on the ps4 your account would also have to have that ps4 activated as it's primary console in order for him to be able to the installed games on his own account. This WILL lead to problems if your internet or psn ever goes down as you will not be able to play any digital games on any console that is not activated as your primary.

Occam

Maybe. But it would be a hassle. First you'd have to manually back up all your saves and captured videos/images to USB, then install a full backup from your friend's PS4, then log in with your account and manually delete everything besides the P.T. demo, then copy your saves from USB and re-download all other content from PSN.

That could work if as you say P.T. is in your download list and you have a license for it. Note that I don't know if anyone has tried this.

Paasei

Aside from having to keep your account on the ps4 your account would also have to have that ps4 activated as it's primary console in order for him to be able to the installed games on his own account. This WILL lead to problems if your internet or psn ever goes down as you will not be able to play any digital games on any console that is not activated as your primary.

So he'll have to make do without the digital version of TB then? Or else i'm unable to play my PS+ games, or the other way around.

BibiMaghoo

What are the PS+ terms? Is Sony allowed to simply remove games which were part of the PS+ service? P.T. was only available through that in Germany.

It's because it was free. Pulling access to a game you paid for can and has been done, but it raises issues of compensation. A free game has no need to be compensated for. It was a gift now withdrawn.

TacosNSalsa

So he'll have to make do without the digital version of TB then? Or else i'm unable to play my PS+ games, or the other way around.
Basically if your internet or psn goes down he's going to be able to play your games and you will not as long as that one is activated as your primary..

Edit: you can deactivate the one you're giving him and he can still play your games but he will have to be signed in to your psn and stay online. The moment you try to sign on he will get booted off and the games will be locked off to him .

Top Bottom