• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4's Newest MMO, Wander, Is Hilariously Broken

did she just say she doesnt know what people are talking about in regards to glitches....
I'm sitting here looking at the screen like...
6wIspHu.png

Lady, your character is floating where it should be falling. Your game is a broken piece of crap, at least from the stance of actually having the gall to launch as a full-price product. I appreciate this is really a PR session, but's just come clean here.

halfbeast

Banned

Lady, your character is floating where it should be falling. Your game is a broken piece of crap, at least from the stance of actually having the gall to launch as a full-price product. I appreciate this is really a PR session, but's just come clean here.

took me a while to realize, it's supposed to be some glass-thing or something. it's a darker shade than the rest.

Jhn

That stream is inadvertently hilarious. Everything is glitchy as hell literally all the time, and she seems completely oblivious to it.

took me a while to realize, it's supposed to be some glass-thing or something. it's a darker shade than the rest.
If that is so, I legitimately could not tell that was the case. It seriously looked like she was failing to fall everywhere. But regardless, you can still see glitches and weird little tiks as she continues to play :p

halfbeast

Banned
well now she is levitating above the ground while walking around

the griffon stuff was especially entertaining. the wings flap around like some cheap chinese kaiju movie from the 70s!

this game is comedy gold, if there weren't tons of crashes on the ps4, I'd probably get it. :D

Well. I had some interest in this. Now, not so much. WiLD is coming when?

EDIT: No wonder Sony released this without any marketing. This is horrible. Fully empty and glitchy world with nothing to do.

Embarrassing for Sony.

What happened to QA this gen?
The Wander lady on Twitch claimed the testing is very extensive. I don't see how it could be, and let all this stuff fly by. But then again, I know almost nothing about games development.

EDIT: Lol that lizard thing's movements.

Moobabe

She doesn't work in games, doesn't do community management or social media? Poor lady has been chucked under a bus here.

slash3584

Embarrassing for Sony.

What happened to QA this gen?

I am missing something? Is this Sony made or published?

The thread title and this comment make it sound like it's Sony fault this game is so fucking glitchy xD

Also this is the final version? Looks like a EA title and a bad one at that.

Game looks like it has potential, and I really like the concept. Almost want to buy it for fun glitches.

It probably needs another year in the oven though.

So, you wander around, occasionally turn into animals, and you can learn a whole new language if you want to communicate.

Am I missing anything to DO in the game? The 'about' page on the website talks at length about the things the game doesn't have, and then waxes on about the sound design for half the page.

panda-zebra

Banned
6wIspHu.png

TBF, I can do that in Witcher 3 on upturned caravans walking over the open door.

Dynedom

The Wander lady on Twitch claimed the testing is very extensive. I don't see how it could be, and let all this stuff fly by. But then again, I know almost nothing about games development.

It's ridiculous. Don't these things have to pass through a final sort of check with Sony before being published?

I am missing something? Is this Sony made or published?

The thread title and this comment make it sound like it's Sony fault this game is so fucking glitchy xD

Also this is the final version? Looks like a EA title and a bad one at that.

No one is blaming Sony for it being glitchy. People are wondering how this was released on the platform in the state it is in.

And yes, the game just came out.

QA is just about making sure that the game isn't going to brick your console or cause issues with the harddrive.

Sony's or the Devs? I'd imagine at least part of Sony's screening process for an MMO release on their console was to ensure it was half-decent. Eh.

Googling the development team, it appears to be one guy with no game development experience who thought up the idea while he was backpacking around Asia!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm sure Jim Sterling's video will fit straight in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTYgvqZ9OOc

I got like 10 minutes in and closed the tab, but it's so unfinished, it's like half an idea was developed.

My god, that looks fucking terrible. What is even the point? I don't mind games where you don't get constant action and stimulation, but what the fuck is this even? Looks completely unfinished. Actually, it looks like they just started. Generated a nice-looking CryEngine jungle, put a simple character with basic motion in it, and... that's it. And soooo damn janky. I get that MMOs aren't easy to make (is this one?), but there's no excuse for something this janky and unpolished. Just awful.

Zomba13

Oh the testing may have been very extensive but then it's up to the devs whether to fix that shit or "known shippable" it.

OuterLimits

They are charging $25 for this? Hopefully Sony will allow people to get a refund. No way this game should be on the store.

Kind of a shame since the screenshots on the PS store actually look decent. So far it has 2 and a half stars from 61 people. I'm surprised it is not lower. Lol.

They are charging $25 for this? Hopefully Sony will allow people to get a refund. No way this game should be on the store.

Kind of a shame since the screenshots on the PS store actually look decent. So far it has 2 and a half stars from 61 people. I'm surprised it is not lower. Lol.
Sony are terrible with refunds, so I doubt it :(

How could this go past Sony's and Valve's quality assurance? How could this go past any quality assurance? I just jumped to random points on Sterling's video and literally the game cannot go for 20 seconds without glitching.

09dKnfU.gif

Edit: Yuck, switched to Imgur... Abload, what the hell man, we used to be friends.

Perfect. At least we got something worthwhile out of the game.

Handy Fake

She threw herself at the water and missed, Hitchhiker's Guide style.

"And suddenly he tripped again and was hurled forward by his considerable momentum. But just at the moment that he was about to hit the ground astoundingly hard he saw lying directly in front of him a small navy-blue holdall that he knew for a fact he had lost in the baggage-retrieval system at Athens airport some ten years in his personal time-scale previously, and in his astonishment he missed the ground completely and bobbed off into the air with his brain singing."

Diablos

did she just say she doesnt know what people are talking about in regards to glitches....
You really wonder why they'd be so ignorant. It's not like this game had high hopes to begin with; I have no idea how playing dumb will help their cause. DOA.

Maybe they just have to act that way so they can collect a check for hyping this turd.

shaowebb

Couldn't think of a caption worthy of this...

0QhEt3s.gif

...maybe put some Doritos and mountain dew in front of her then have it pan to show Geoff Keighley?

ViciousDS

Banned

Elandyll

Banned
Sony's or the Devs? I'd imagine at least part of Sony's screening process for an MMO release on their console was to ensure it was half-decent. Eh.

Afaik only the games that are published by Sony or go through a Pubfund have some form of Q&A. Particularly when the title isn't even exclusive to a PS platform, I guess they consider it's not their job to Q&A the game for you.
Certification is just about making sure that the game doesn't brick the console.

Want to commit sepuku by releasing a broken title? Your choice.

But yes, definitely looks like something that should have started on early access or even green light on Steam.
Shame... Sounded interesting :(

Top Bottom