• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4's Newest MMO, Wander, Is Hilariously Broken

Zomba13

So with the whole weird language system it got me thinking. In this context, with a weird made up (as far as I know) language, it's pointless all that hassle to talk BUT if you had a similar idea in a game that required team work but with actual languages (like Chinese or Spanish) then it could be a great learning tool. Make it so you can only communicate in say, chinese and you had to draw the symbols and you start with the basics and then learn directions and how to co-operate and communicate etc. Obviously would need an in-game notebook of a kind but I think it could be cool if the game was interesting, a sort of step into learning a language in an active way.

So this game has made me think about that so I guess the game has kinda interesting ideas? It's just boring and buggy and pointless.

Steel

Banned
1284167896964115558.gif

I'm sold.

Now I wanna play it just to experience the utter brokenness. Seems like fun...

terrisus

It could be really decent if they fixed it up.

If it was fixed, it would probably be decent.

I mean, this video makes it look pretty fun...

And, while I'm sure there are bugs and glitches that that overlooks, I'm also not particularly likely to pay attention to random YouTube videos of people acting like morons (or pretty much any video with anyone talking over it).
To be fair, I haven't played the game, and perhaps it's much worse than I would anticipate, the price is pretty good.

The main downside for me is that I don't know that I would want to pour time into that, over something like EverQuest 1 or Ultima Online or MUDs or such.

vypek

Couldn't think of a caption worthy of this...

0QhEt3s.gif

...maybe put some Doritos and mountain dew in front of her then have it pan to show Geoff Keighley?

Haha. Incredible. If only this game wasn't $25. I really want to go and see all the bugs and stuff but there doesn't even seem to be any objective besides and its too much just for bug hunting.

Played this at PSX in December and knew it was going to be a hard sell, especially if they didn't address the bugs - which they clearly didn't.

They are charging $25 for this? Hopefully Sony will allow people to get a refund. No way this game should be on the store.

Kind of a shame since the screenshots on the PS store actually look decent. So far it has 2 and a half stars from 61 people. I'm surprised it is not lower. Lol.

I just tried to get a refund -- the support guy told me this was the first he heard of Wander being a bad game and he said he checked their Facebook page and saw nothing about people complaining about the game. He also told me that nothing comes up on the PS Forums about it, either. Either he was lying or just in denial...

Top Bottom