• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 on an Ultrawide. So close to awesome.

Lokaum D+

suport for ultrawide should be a no brainer nowadays, its so easy to implement but devs are to lazy sadly. Kudos to Death Strading that has a Ultrawide mode, every game should have one

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Its still stretched as I have a PS5 on the LG 45" OLED ultrawide and really wish it would support it natively so instead when I play console I just have letter boxes on each side making it about the size of a 36" ish monitor

Pretty happy with my ultrawide and 240 fps
Did you set it to 1440p?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
u4kg840.jpg

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not my video but this is what it looks like on at least my ultrawide model

And it does support 120 VRR this is in fact my pic

nmJ0BMw.jpg

Ev1L AuRoN

You lose the benefit of the UW that is a wider FOV. I would love to see consoles give the option for UW, but being a TV platform at heart, I won't hold my breath on it.

K' Dash

Nice OP.

Just got a TV with Dolby Vision and FreeSync (and a bunch other things) a few days ago and was really surprised to know that PS5 doesn’t support them.

I have a 65” TV in the living room with the Series X and Switch, I have a 55” in my office, it’s the same TV and you can notice the difference when playing the same games, since Xbox is compatible with FreeSync and Dolby Vision.

Sony needs to get their shit together, their TVs support shit that the console don’t, that’s ridiculous.

Top Bottom