• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: King of Fighters XIII Steam Release is Imminent

ArjanN

I'd assume this is SNK/Suckmore's "test" to see if there is interest in '98/'02.

Considering those are already in the registry, probably not.

They're also much smaller releases than KoF13. I figured they would throw them up in a pack with KoF13,

I think Namco is the big hurdle here, not Harada. They handle the PC like a nuisance instead of an opportunity. But if SNK can change their mind and port KOF... there's hope.

I think the creators of these franchises have a lot more say than you think, Why else is Namco porting Naruto and not Tekken.

Syril

I found some steam avatars for this game in the main avatar list, and it gave an error when I tried to go the the KOF XIII page, but the ones it showed outside it included Mukai from 2003 and Magaki from XI. I wonder if this version is going to be along the lines of Ultimate/Unlimited Fight and bring in everyone from those two games too.

Grief.exe

I found some steam avatars for this game in the main avatar list, and it gave an error when I tried to go the the KOF XIII page, but the ones it showed outside it included Mukai from 2003 and Magaki from XI. I wonder if this version is going to be along the lines of Ultimate/Unlimited Fight and bring in everyone from those two games too.

If they aren't in the 360 version, than I doubt they will be in this one.

Adding new characters to fighting games is time consuming and expensive.

Everyone seems to be hoping for new netcode right now.

No idea what will ship with the game. Thought, they have been working on the release for a long time.

Have they? I mean, just because it showed up in the registry a while back doesn't mean it was in active development. Worst case scenario it could still be quick and dirty portjob done by an outsourced company.

Grief.exe

Have they? I mean, just because it showed up in the registry a while back doesn't mean it was in active development. Worst case scenario it could still be quick and dirty portjob done by an outsourced company.

They have been updating it at least a few times a week for several months.

I can't say as to exactly what the updates are, but they have been actively testing something for a long time now.

They have been updating it at least a few times a week for several months.

I can't say as to exactly what the updates are, but they have been actively testing something for a long time now.

Hmm, well that's interesting. Where's all of this coming from exactly? That fan group that we can't access anymore or somewhere else?

Top Bottom