• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The Vita version of Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions

qko

Stop crying Vita Bros. the game wasn't even supposed to be coming to the PS3/360/PC/PSV. First the whining that it would be a Wii U exclusive and now the whining that it isn't the supreme ultimate version. Jeez the entitlement.

Carl

Stop crying Vita Bros. the game wasn't even supposed to be coming to the PS3/360/PC/PSV. First the whining that it would be a Wii U exclusive and now the whining that it isn't the supreme ultimate version. Jeez the entitlement.

Yes, having lots of content cut and Ubi not even having the balls to tell anyone about it... That's really "entitlement"

I think that's possibly the most over-used and wrongly used word on here.

Vita version is cheaper, don't really see the problem.

Yeah clearly there's no problem. Come the hell on dude.

PC version retails for $40 and has these levels.

In Europe the Vita version is virtually the same price as the other versions, but it still doesn't have these levels.

But yeah, no problem at all.

Raysoul

Dang a Wii U owner pitying a Vita user.

There must be a joke in there somewhere.

I'm ok for platform exclusive content/DLCs as long as there are for each platform, but not for cut content, like missing offline Coop in Splinter Cell, missing modes in Sniper Elite, no online on the new Batman, etc...

My god

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That is fucking scummy as hell as they have been touting how the platform has exclusive levels even if it doesn't come close to equaling what it's missing. Wow.

DR2K

Banned

Content parity is not entitlement.

We should be grateful that they wanted to make a profit guys.

Wonder what the issue is? Wasn't the game delayed on Vita on top of that for some reason?

Only the European Vita version got delayed from Aug 29th to Sept 12th.

If you really want to put your tinfoil hat on...maybe it was delayed to keep bad news/press about missing content hushed until it released in NA?

I'll admit it's one hell of a stretch, but the European delay is strange considering the NA version didn't get delayed, nor any other version. And Ubisoft is already being super deceptive about this *shrug*.

I'm glad you guys weren't around in the gba and before days. If you only knew the cut down crap we used to chuck 30 bones at because it had the same box as an awesome console game

VanWinkle

I just wish we knew what was going on. I feel like there should be a reasonable explanation for this, because it really just doesn't make any sense.

holy shit ps vita version is so blurry

lol no it's not. It's native resolution just like the other versions. That's a freeze frame from a terrible quality video.

casmith07

I'll still buy it.

Has this actually been confirmed, however, other than a random reviewer writing a comment under his blog post?

Kurod

Banned
I'm glad you guys weren't around in the gba and before days. If you only knew the cut down crap we used to chuck 30 bones at because it had the same box as an awesome console game

I've been gaming since the early 80's. I've played Mortal Kombat on the Game Gear and Batman on the Gameboy. Even as a kid I didn't expect parity because I understood the technical limitations of the handhelds back then. This situation is completely different.

You know Rayman Origins is free right now for PS+, you could always play that while you wait for Rayman Legends to be free as well. Save for Tearaway and other Vita exclusive games instead.

casmith07

Pretty bush league reporting in the "articles" I've read about this too, saying that your "best bet is to get the Wii U version."

Reads more like fanboy stuff than legit reporting. Also still no word if it's the EU version only or US version, or if this random reviewer with blurry ass pictures even reviewed a retail copy of the game.

I'll wait for legitimate/reputable confirmation.

I was actually going to double dip this on PS3 and Vita. I could deal with no multiplayer on Origins on Vita due to limitations or recoding, but why cut out levels that are, obviously, already done?

Stop being stupid, it's not a good look.

Darryl

Banned
I just wish we knew what was going on. I feel like there should be a reasonable explanation for this, because it really just doesn't make any sense.

They may have had some deal with Nintendo going on. Nintendo did do a lot of early promotion for this game. In fact Nintendo fucked their launch up (imo) by not demoing their own games and instead demoing exclusively Rayman Legends at kiosks. They may have wanted the superior version on their console and until now the Vita version was definitely looking like the best version.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
thank you for the heads up about this! Have both Wii U and Vita preordered, happy to have both the best version (Wii U) and near identical portable version. Now that the portable version has been gimped and in secret no less, I'm cancelling when I pick up just the Wii U version

casmith07

I'll say this again since it's seemingly going overlooked: there is a high, high probability that this totally random "reviewer" does not have a final/gold master/retail copy of Legends for the Vita.

I will wait to hear from Ubisoft themselves, as someone else said above. Until then, this is merely hearsay.

Jawmuncher

I'll say this again since it's seemingly going overlooked: there is a high, high probability that this totally random "reviewer" does not have a final/gold master/retail copy of Legends for the Vita.

I will wait to hear from Ubisoft themselves, as someone else said above. Until then, this is merely hearsay.

Still you'd think Ubi would want to clear this up right away.

Hate to break this to you, but publishers don't send content incomplete versions of their games to people for review with no mention of it in the review guide or by PR. Especially not two different versions with different content without any mention as to why.

Famassu

Maybe this is the reason for the delay. I sure as hell hope so. I can't believe Ubisoft would offer crummy exclusive Murphy levels and old Origins levels over new content, if it was, say, a size related issue.

sevanig

Banned
Is it? I'm just going off of someone else saying the PS3 version is 2GB in this thread. That would be quite the size difference.

The origins levels are in the Vita game. The Vita's exclusive levels are 5 Murphy levels, so it's really not much compared to what was cut.

The PS3 version is 7.32GB, I just finished downloading it. [edit - showed up bigger while I was copying it]

Vita is the one system I want the most and yet I still find it has the least content I want of any system. Not only does it need this game to be as good - it needs games like this as exclusives.

Gleethor

They may have had some deal with Nintendo going on. Nintendo did do a lot of early promotion for this game. In fact Nintendo fucked their launch up (imo) by not demoing their own games and instead demoing exclusively Rayman Legends at kiosks. They may have wanted the superior version on their console and until now the Vita version was definitely looking like the best version.

Yeah I don't think that's it.

Lol, conspiracies!

Ps. The vita never looked like the best version.

Top Bottom