• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN 2.0: What should it be like? (Twitter #BetterPSN)

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope that Sony tries to implement at least one or two bullet points in their next firmware update. Stability is fine but we need some "new" features that enhance PSN

It's funny it's being labeled as PSN 2.0, when in reality some of this stuff is already working on PS3. So how about make it work just like PS3. You have the code. I know you can't copy and paste source code from one OS to the other, but the functional logic shouldn't have to be created from scratch.

On Demand

Banned
Someone from sony responded!

209790eafd83002abedd97928c09e1d0.png

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/09/sony-responds-to-fans-calling-for-a-betterpsn/#

lol. They directed us back to the site that was already made.

Sigh.

Bahlor

And again this campaign is the top thread on reddit. NeoGAF really started something big here. Let's hope this will have an impact...

They should add a feature to let you get notified when something becomes available. How cool would it be to be playing a game and then a popup says something like "Journey is now available"..Would beat checking the store every 10 mins like a mad man.

Aurizen

I hope this continues to grow as it has been. I find it ironic that 20million ps4 was sold worldwide and this campaign reached 20 million people.

Mikey Jr.

Didn't want to create a new topic, but anyone find the dl speeds better?

I was downloading bastion, then some update, and I was getting a decent 4mbps the whole time. Never dropped to 200 kbps like it usually does.

Ashler

Didn't want to create a new topic, but anyone find the dl speeds better?

I was downloading bastion, then some update, and I was getting a decent 4mbps the whole time. Never dropped to 200 kbps like it usually does.

I hope you mean 4MB/s and not 4mbps, cause if you did that would be worse than 90% of my downloads in PSN.

Mikey Jr.

I hope you mean 4MB/s and not 4mbps, cause if you did that would be worse than 90% of my downloads in PSN.

I was on my phone and didn't have time for slashes.

But yes, 4mb/s.

It was consistent where as in before, it would go 4mb/s for 10 seconds, then 200kb/s for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat.

Mind you, this was just yesterday. Going to try again today.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the PS4 does not automatically delete notifications in the upload section, and when the fill up you can't upload videos through the share feature. The solution is to delete the notifications one by one... No delete all button.

Drelkag

Banned
As someone who hasn't played a PS since PS2 and currently enjoy XBL/Steam, reading over what is wanted for PSN makes me question why people pay for what they have.

Bahlor

I didn't say he had to. A simple "Thank you for the suggestion" or "Good Idea" or "Thats something we should look into" would suffice.

I think everybody knows that they can't make promises via twitter or any other social platform, especially since this is one person talking as himself and not official playstation. However it would be a real benefit for both sides if they would just talk more about their planned changes etc.

I mean... most suggestions are not possible over night, but talking about what they plan and maybe some progress updates would help a lot and satisfy most customers I think. It's mainly a customer relationship problem.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What an utter FUCKING JOKE
sitting on 200 mbit internet here.

80 GIG in 1 hour.
blizzard steam
hell
even origin!

PAYING costumer here how on earth do you want to go to digital when your service is this bad?

oh and my idea how to better the service..
please use some of the money i spend on psn for actually making the network better :)

Caayn

oh and my idea how to better the service..
please use some of the money i spend on psn for actually making the network better :)
How about spending all the money on improving the network, or if they don't at least make it free again. I personally couldn't care less about the "free" games that come with PS+.

morpix

What an utter FUCKING JOKE
sitting on 200 mbit internet here.

80 GIG in 1 hour.
blizzard steam
hell
even origin!

Downloads are faster in Rest Mode. I think the PS4 rate-limits downloads when it's on, so that the rest of the system has free bandwidth.

I haven't read the whole thread, but one thing your list in the opening post is missing is:

• Ability to cancel pre-orders in the PSN store.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I haven't read the whole thread, but one thing your list in the opening post is missing is:

• Ability to cancel pre-orders in the PSN store.

What? It's not possible right now? I thought you can cancel on PSN in the same way you can on the Xbox One.

Hoodbury

• Better friends list functionality with nicknames, grouping by categories (games, relationship), and VIP tags tied to the notification system

This one from the OP is a big one for me being all my friends are from GAF OT's and not actual friends. I have friends on PSN I've played games with maybe once or twice, some not at all and others I've made good friends with and play often with.

I hate that I'm getting that notification almost constantly sometimes of people joining parties. Let me indicate which friends are my VIP's and only show the indicator for those friends.

Also, that indicator seems to be buggy for some people on my friends list. It'll pop up like 10-20 times in a row for them. I had to remove someone because it was constantly coming up for him and it's right over the mini-map for some games.

Something I just ran in again after wanting to play a table in Zen Pinball 2:
Keep ALL installed games updated automatically, not just the <x> number of last used titles.

Just give me the option to have everything up to date. There's a reason I leave something on my HDD. I know I haven't played that game in months but when I do, I don't want to get greeted by an update screen when those patches could have been installed weeks ago during Rest mode.

Caayn

I seen a tweet by Tidux that they'll be more included and a possible September 2nd release.
There's a reason why Tidux is banned here ;)

Also the 2nd September date he uses comes from the PS Blog and should be when the beta launches, iirc.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up for 3.0 bringing any client side improvements for PSN.

Aurizen

There's a reason why Tidux is banned here ;)

Also the 2nd September date he uses comes from the PS Blog and should be when the beta launches, iirc.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up for 3.0 bringing any client side improvements for PSN.

Oh really? why is he banned?

I don't remember there being much worthy stuff outside of YouTube broadcasting in FW 3.0, unfortunately.

Communities sounds like Steam Groups, which'll be an awesome addition.

Still a long way to go though, it sure is taking them forever to add basic functionality like folders and sorting options.

shu don't care. he's scrooge-mcducking in all that ps+ money. ;)

What part of Shu's job title makes you think he has anything to do with PS+ or PSN?

Oh really? why is he banned?

Because he's consistently wrong.

Aurizen

Communities sounds like Steam Groups, which'll be an awesome addition.

Still a long way to go though, it sure is taking them forever to add basic functionality like folders and sorting options.

What part of Shu's job title makes you think he has anything to do with PS+ or PSN?

Because he's consistently wrong.
Ah I see lol I just hope we can upload games in full 1080p 60fps if a game is 60fps.

Top Bottom