• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Account bug that prevents License Restore on PS4 (Cannot play any games)

Try rebuilding the database

Power down completely --> Hold power button until you see a screen showing you to connect DS4 via cable --> "rebuild database"

Literally the first thing Sony support had me do. Didn't work. My options are exhausted. I am going to call tomorrow if I get 2 hours available to sit on hold again.

I see Neuromancer got here before I did. We will try to get you an answer OP.

I appreciate it. This has been pretty stressful.

SGRX

I think I am just going to go back to buying physical media until I see some confirmation of this actually being addressed/fixed. Issues like this don't give me a lot of confidence in PSN. Hope your issues get resolved soon OP.

legacyzero

Banned
I just tried pre-ordering Rogue Legacy, it took forever to process, and when I tried to finalize it, it gave me "An Error Has Occured." But then started counting down to release day. Strange.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This thread scares me, as I'm planning to grab a PS4 within a week or two. Even as I stick with physical purchases when that's available, there are tons of digital indie titles to buy. I don't like even the possibility that this nonsense could happen.

Called again today. Still no ETA on my issue. I am starting to get really irritated.

Have you tried logging in to the PSN another PS4 to see what happens? It probably won't work but who knows, you might get lucky and then at least you would know that its something caused by your PS4 hardware if you can sign in. Either way you can provide more info to Sony on your next phone call.

Hopefully they can resolve it soon!

Have you tried logging in to the PSN another PS4 to see what happens? It probably won't work but who knows, you might get lucky and then at least you would know that its something caused by your PS4 hardware if you can sign in. Either way you can provide more info to Sony on your next phone call.

Hopefully they can resolve it soon!

I had a friend of mine do this earlier today with my account info. Same result, still threw a “An error has occurred. (CE-33945-4)” code when trying to restore the licenses.

N° 2048

Finally a thread on GAF for this. This is driving me nuts!

I've tried everything to no avail and it seems and more and more people are coming out with this issue. Yes, even sent my PS4 back and got a new one.

http://community.us.playstation.com...-4-Error-CAN-T-RESTORE-LICENSES/td-p/44060652
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2cagml/i_have_error_ce339454_and_havent_been_able_to_use/
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2bg6ny/my_ps4_problem_that_sony_has_not_fixed_for_over_2/
http://gamingbolt.com/major-ps4-bug...several-accounts-affected#fW7SkGvVI2K4mAw4.16

All my base games work but no DLC or ShareFactory works. CE-33945-4 error.

tldr;
I have not been able to use any PS4 DLC since June 17 nor ShareFactory. Only base games work. CE-33945-4 error when restoring licenses no matter what.

Things like this just fuel my paranoia about console digital. It's why I buy physical whenever I'm given the option, and typically get multiplats on PC. Kinda stuck on the Vita, though. I'm like 90% digital on there.

N° 2048

I bring hope!

According to CS on phone, Sony will push out a PS4 update this Thursday which should address the issue.

Here's hoping.

rafaelr

damn, looks like i got a problem as well, restoring licenses for my secondary us accnt won´t work with error code "NP-34970-3" (that code´s not even listed here btw).
weird thing is, it worked for my other us accnt.

I'm amazed that this has gone on so long with no resolution. Sony can't just give you new licenses? How about a refund for all of the software that is unusable? Pretty gross.

zruben

Banned
every time I'm convincing myself to finally buy a PS4, some thread like this emerges and my enthusiasm lowers again. =/

every time I'm convincing myself to finally buy a PS4, some thread like this emerges and my enthusiasm lowers again. =/

All good here man, but as always I'm a retail buyer, always will be none digital so I feel like I own something

Hell the other day I was going through my game list and found assassins creed 4 on my digital list I was like shit forgot I bought that on launch!

Forgot again and just remembered as I'm typing this lol

I know there are huge supports of digital, just never will be my cup of tea, another thing to go wrong

I can already see it, delay after delay on helping out then this story is reported on by the news and finally a miracle fix is inbound.

This doesn't just apply to Sony, this digital only future is very scary where a company makes you beg and you having to jump through hoops to use the content you own.

I mean how many times have we had stories where a person lost all their games/account and to get it back, they had to make a topic here and for the story to be reported on before the company re-instates the game/account.

I feel for you OP, now I'm scared of this as well,I hope Sony fix this fast as that is a crappy feeling.

So an update. I talked to them last Monday and after being hung up on by a supervisor, talked to another person who gave me an email to corporate (Ps_consumer_services_team@playstation.sony.com) but they have not responded to either of my emails.

They tell me my issue is being worked on, but still offer no ETA. I redeemed my August PS+ stuff and they don't play. I am fed up with this.

damn, looks like i got a problem as well, restoring licenses for my secondary us accnt won´t work with error code "NP-34970-3" (that code´s not even listed here btw).
weird thing is, it worked for my other us accnt.

I knew I couldn't have been the only one. They really need to fix this shit.

I bring hope!

According to CS on phone, Sony will push out a PS4 update this Thursday which should address the issue.

Here's hoping.

It isn't an issue with the PS4 though, its with the accounts.

N° 2048

It could be a software issue though. I'm grasping for hope here...some people got refund but I want to actually play my DLC.

GoaThief

So an update. I talked to them last Monday and after being hung up on by a supervisor
That's awful, especially considering what's gone on before and for so long.

You freelance so I'd get this information regarding this major problem and the lack of support plus customer relations out there. The more people are aware the better, companies tend to respond swiftly and effectively once the media get involved and you've certainly been patient.

Even if that has no effect there will be many (such as myself) who will find this information useful. Currently making me reconsider digital content on Sony platforms at the very least, but I have just finished a late shift and I'm feeling a little worse for wear so my judgement may be slightly impaired.

chogidogs

Try buying something or downloading an app you don't have before. I think this happened to me once. It's having problems locating your download list.

In my case I was changing emails for me 2 region accounts at the same time.

N° 2048

Try buying something or downloading an app you don't have before. I think this happened to me once. It's having problems locating your download list.

In my case I was changing emails for me 2 region accounts at the same time.

I tried downloading an app I've never had before and it didn't work. Appreciate the effort though.

SSPssp

Man, this stuff makes me nervous about getting stuff on PSN. I remember a couple years ago where I couldn't use a credit card to add any money to my wallet. I think this was a common error, and it lasted for a few months.

It's sad to see that Sony still cannot offer a properly functioning store and account system. What's worse is that so many errors seem completely random and they have no idea what's going on, and don't seem to have the ability to manually fix the problem for an individual.

I really sympathise with you OP. My PS4 had been riddled with the CE-34878-0 error code.

I couldn't play any game without getting this error and being booted to the home screen almost immediately.

Getting a replacement solved it tough.

rafaelr

guess i was lucky and it was only a temporary server issue for me (when i tried restoring licenses again yesterday, it took a couple of minutes, but ultimately worked).

hope you get your issue fixed soon, OP!

If you can use the other accounts of the system to unlock the content have you tried running one of those concurrently with your main and swapping between them to see if the content stays open?

We have the opposite problem with content only working on my main account and that fix works for the wife when she wants to unlock and play something.

If you can use the other accounts of the system to unlock the content have you tried running one of those concurrently with your main and swapping between them to see if the content stays open?

We have the opposite problem with content only working on my main account and that fix works for the wife when she wants to unlock and play something.

I did try this, it only works if the other account also owns the content.

_

A small thing I noticed, the Plus icon next to my name on the home screen is gone now, but my subscription still has at least two months left on it. Weird.

N° 2048

I'm going to try again to get refunded this a weekend. It's ridiculous that they gave some people refunds and then other CS reps have no idea this is an issue and treat us like crap.

Absolutely insane..

Krakn3Dfx

Hard to believe they've been letting people sit for pretty much 3 weeks with no resolution.

Almost all of my digital content has been free Plus stuff at this point, and I've bought disc based media for the rest. This isn't giving me any reason to stop now, that's for sure.

Top Bottom