• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 12/06/07 - Bowling, Wild Arms PS1, GTA4 trailer, MGS4 TGS trailer, themes

Laguna X said:
You can also find Ric Flair in the bottom circle

It's seriously amazing!
I was doubtful because he mimcked the artstyle so well, even at such a small size. It's like he used a Folklore filter! Week after week, the artistry is just getting better and better!

kbear

Elhandro said:
I am an Xbox fanboy and I hate seeing a new PSN thread every week because it gives PS3 positive exposure and 20k thread views. Down with the Evil Empire!.
Here, let me "fix" this for you.

Belfast

I thought PJM was supposed to be on the US Store today, as well. Did that change or are we just being cautious?

tanod

when is my burrito
Elhandro said:
I just have a personal beef with the way sony has gone about PSN and I was hoping to get a good discussion out of the zealots.

Wow! Even if that's not directed at me, I wouldn't attach that label to anybody on GAF with a few rare exceptions. Isn't what you said you're trying to do the very definition of trolling?

If you have a beef with Sony, make a thread about it.

Belfast said:
I thought PJM was supposed to be on the US Store today, as well. Did that change or are we just being cautious?
Pretty sure I read January. Being cautious though.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Belfast said:
We won't know for sure until a bit later. Sony doesn't put out press releases for PSN updates beforehand anymore.

As stated in the OP...
-FULL CONTENT LIST IS NOT KNOWN YET

Could Elhandro just shut the fuck up please?

And you are not part of any "we" even if you own MS stocks. Unless you're secretly Shane Kim in which case FUCK YOU FOR KILLING OFF MY BELOVED SHADOWRUN FRANCHISE WITH A SHIT FPS.

tanod

when is my burrito
BTW, I don't take any of the thread criticism personally. It's just that I've been asked every question there could be about why I do certain things a certain way so many times that I now have an answer for just about everything.

There is a method to the madness.

Elhandro

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Another bunch of nothin'.

LOL, Im obviously not the only one who feels this way, just the most vocal. And Yes I Have a PS3 and I think its a wonderful piece of Hardware (ugly as sin) but does that make my argument any more relevant. If I didnt have one, their would be no pt. in complaining.

Cmon guys, these threads always degenarate into more conversation about the banner than the actual content. I thought this was GAF not a sony message board. Are we going to converse about the obvious issues or just keep on ignoring them and act like PSN weekly updates are substantial.

Check the beggining of the XBLA thread. For the first year, Fans were critical of the content MS put up. I would like to think it helped get the word out that they were doing a poor job of communicating to their fanbase. Why shouldnt we be more critical of PSN content? And if this isnt the thread to do that in, then which one is?

Thats all Im saying

mauaus

tanod said:
BTW, I don't take any of the thread criticism personally. It's just that I've been asked every question there could be about why I do certain things a certain way so many times that I now have an answer for just about everything.

There is a method to the madness.
I dont know about everyone else but i for one am thankful you take the time to put this thread toguether every week, even if we have to put up with some a-holes

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BenjaminBirdie said:
It's seriously amazing!
I was doubtful because he mimcked the artstyle so well, even at such a small size. It's like he used a Folklore filter! Week after week, the artistry is just getting better and better!

Haha, thanks! It's a lot of fun to try and hide these guys every week. :D

the_id

This week is a tough one. LOL!

One of the best thread on GAF is this weekly thread. Those weekly sales-age thread are just a form of systemwarz.

womfalcs3

Banned
Man I was getting frustrated. I started seeing things as if I was only seeing them because I wanted them to be there.

I finally found it. :D

mauaus

Elhandro said:
LOL, Im obviously not the only one who feels this way, just the most vocal. And Yes I Have a PS3 and I think its a wonderful piece of Hardware (ugly as sin) but does that make my argument any more relevant. If I didnt have one, their would be no pt. in complaining.

Cmon guys, these threads always degenarate into more conversation about the banner than the actual content. I thought this was GAF not a sony message board. Are we going to converse about the obvious issues or just keep on ignoring them and act like PSN weekly updates are substantial.

Check the beggining of the XBLA thread. For the first year, Fans were critical of the content MS put up. I would like to think it helped get the word out that they were doing a poor job of communicating to their fanbase. Why shouldnt we be more critical of PSN content? And if this isnt the thread to do that in, then which one is?

Thats all Im saying

Then get the fuck out and stop complaining, nobody wants you here

Arsenic

Elhandro said:

Thats all Im saying

First off, complaining on here does nothing. There was past update threads where there were tons of pages of complaints....only to have those complaining feel stupid because the content came 2 hours late.

The conversation about the banner is great while we wait for the actual stuff to come up, then when that happens, its talk about the content (or lack of).

my advice to you and hitler, wait til the end of the day. If nothing YOU like is up, complain here.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
edit: ah, sonycowboy has taken care of it. nm.

You know, we never did get that Smackdown demo did we? Or did I miss it? At least something good came out of that. :lol

Elhandro

krypt0nian said:
Could Elhandro just shut the fuck up please?

And you are not part of any "we" even if you own MS stocks. Unless you're secretly Shane Kim in which case FUCK YOU FOR KILLING OFF MY BELOVED SHADOWRUN FRANCHISE WITH A SHIT FPS.

Hostility much.....Check my post history, its not that serious. I just thougt we could get some interesting convo from this thread this morning.

Am I asking to much?

Elhandro said:
Why shouldnt we be more critical of PSN content?

Go take a look at previous PSN content threads, you really can't get much more critical than people get whenever Sony doesn't put up much more than a few movie trailers, wallpapers and maybe a game trailer or 2. But the full update hasn't even been released yet, what do you want people to do? Rip them without even knowing what all the content is for the week?

Firewire

Banned
Elhandro said:

Thats all Im saying

All you've done since you hit Gaf, is bitch about Sony & Gafer's that like Sony. If you don't like these threads stay the fuck out of them. You're a real piece of work, with you're constant bitching. And why the hell do you own a PS3 if you bitch about the games all the time!

Elhandro said:
......Very Important pt. A lot of the sony faithful are bringing Incedental evidence, but in reality this yr has been pretty lackluster with the quality of PS3 games.

Quality wise, The PS3 is my favorite piece of hardware for my entertainment center but as a gaming machine its lacking. I look at the games that are PS3 exclusive and it does not fit the demographic of people that are shelling out the many for this system. To be more precise sony built a hardcore machine but doesn't have the software to feed their users.

N'gai had a great quote in the last 1up yours discussion, Uncharted is a fabulous game but estetically who does it really appeal to. Itll be interesting to me on how well it sell, and I bought my copy!

To make a sweeping generalization about PS3 software, its like your getting the Ultimate version of PS1 games. Everything looks fantastic, plays wonderfully and is all around quality work but they still haven't broken away from PS1 software mold. Compared to the big 360 titles and its like a whole new experiencing borrowing off of the lessons learned in PC gaming, to take Hardcore gaming to the next level.

PS1 style games arent the flavor of the month. Some publishers get this others dont.

Tntnnbltn

Elhandro said:
...That's because there is no actual content yet, save for the Japanese store. Once the stores update there'll plenty of discussion
and bitching
about the
lack of
content.

Tanod's weekly threads are always excellent. Great OP, full lists for each of the regions, easy access to the archives, list of upcoming content... I'm still not seeing what your actual problem is. :(

EDIT: banned. :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
[CFD] El Capitan said:
Wow....ANYWAYS......

Yes...anyways...

I'm kind of curious to see how the Burnout Demo will play out with the XBLM and PSN releases. I wonder if Microsoft will put some pressure on devs to give them content earlier than Sony, so that it wont look so horribly bad when Silver users get shafted and PSN & XBL Gold members get the goods.

I really think this could happen in the future. Doesn't look like it next week though.

tanod

when is my burrito
The Folklore DLC is a lot like the NG: Sigma DLC and even the Rock Band DLC.

When I get around to finishing Folklore and Sigma and want to play a little more, I'll think about picking them up. It's nice kind of knowing they're there when you're ready for them but I'm not at all gonna run out and grab them right now.

Arsenic said:
my advice to you and hitler, wait til the end of the day. If nothing YOU like is up, complain here.

You obviously never saw the ammount of bitching I've done around here about XBLA and the XBL marketplace, especially during the first year. I've got this down to a science. A retarded science.

I even came up with the XBLA guy.

spwolf

mauaus said:
I dont know about everyone else but i for one am thankful you take the time to put this thread toguether every week, even if we have to put up with some a-holes

QFT

Once again kudos to tanod for the thread and chubigans for the sweet banner. What is beats?

Oh and Warhawk DLC today please!

Arsenic

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
You obviously never saw the ammount of bitching I've done around here about XBLA and the XBL marketplace, especially during the first year. I've got this down to a science. A retarded science.

I even came up with the XBLA guy.
Thats because XBL threads has nothing to do with me.

But what im saying is, you can bitch all you want once the content is out. But its pointless to bitch here, especially since theres a blog which those guys at SCEA actually read.

tanod

when is my burrito
If anybody noticed, I'm starting to compile the list for early 2008 PSN stuff. Keep your eyes open.

the_id

I think, for the 19,000+ average views this thread gets, half of those could be those trying to find the thread mascot! :lol :lol :lol

I'm starting to like DLC. It brings something fresh to a game which you've finished.

I can't wait for the Uncharted and Ratchet DLC.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
mauaus said:
thirded :p

Been waiting for it since that ign review... i really thought it was coming out that week!!

Something happened unexpectedly, since it WAS going to be released that day...the official Sony PS3 site had it up to be released, and some PAIN billboards advertise the bowling game "Now Available in the PS Store!"

Last minute game crippling bug, it seems.

mauaus

chubigans said:
Something happened unexpectedly, since it WAS going to be released that day...the official Sony PS3 site had it up to be released, and some PAIN billboards advertise the bowling game "Now Available in the PS Store!"

Last minute game crippling bug, it seems.

good thing they caught it when they did, lets just hope they take this time to implement online mp too :)

bryehn said:
ooooh, sweet. Any idea what time they update?

No clue. I assume it is about the same time as the PS3 store, but this will be the first time that the PSP PC store has had an update (not counting the original GoLive).

somesayyea said:
anyone know what's going on with high velocity bowling? wasn't it suppose to come out in november?
I'm curious too. There are two reviews up. Maybe it was delayed to get a demo up (since some requested one at the PS Blog)? Hopefully it comes, but I think we might be surprised today.

I'm also wondering when Toy Home is coming?

Folklore content seems cool though.

Top Bottom