• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Double Discount Sale US 40% Non Plus - 80% with PS+. Witcher 3, Hitman, Outlast 2

i-Jest

You buy this....okay?

DCxpXgHUwAAipSm.jpg

And this too....ya hear?

DCxm23hXUAUfODJ.jpg

I might just.

So hey if the only thing I've ever played with the words Metal Gear in the title is Revengeance what all do I need to complete the series? The HD collection and then what on the PS4?

AndersK

Sick! double dipped on ROM and got SG:0 finally. Now I've just gotta remember the plot ofthe first in detail...

Got necrodancer and grand kingdom as well. This is gonna be perfect for my remote play plans while I visit the folks this summer

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Soma would be the only one I'd purchase. I try to get physical copies of my games if I can help it. So, I'll wait until there's a deal on the physical version of Hitman.

Had to buy ZOE2: The Second Runner as it was one of my favorite PS2 games.

Steins;Gate 0 is also fantastic, pick it up if you've played the first game.

Damn... I'm tempted to dive straight right in to the MGS games by buying all of them, including Revengeance, but I know I don't have the time.

I have to decide between Psycho Pass, Hitman, and Steins Gate. The latter I feel like I would want physically on Vita so maybe that's the easiest to pass on.

So I've been on a VN kick after discovering (and loving) the genre through the Danganronpa collection. I'm looking at the Virtue's Last Reward Collection, and Steins;Gate 0, but prefer playing these games on Vita.

Would it be better to just pick up Steins;Gate on Vita and wait for a sale on 0 down the line? Should I just watch the anime and suck up playing 0 on PS4? Or should I go for the Virtue's collection?

I've never played these games, am super new to the genre (and anime in general) but really dig the Persona games, Danganronpa, Metal Gear, dark sci-fi, and am generally down to try anything video games at least once.

FinalAres

So hey if the only thing I've ever played with the words Metal Gear in the title is Revengeance what all do I need to complete the series? The HD collection and then what on the PS4?
HD collection isn't on ps4, but if you were taking about PS3 and PS4 combined then do this:
-Metal Gear Solid - PSone Classics (PS3)
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)
-Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
-Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3/4)
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS3/4)

HD collection isn't on ps4, but if you were taking about PS3 and PS4 combined then do this:
-Metal Gear Solid - PSone Classics (PS3)
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)
-Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
-Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3/4)
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS3/4)
Beautiful! Thanks so much!

So I've been on a VN kick after discovering (and loving) the genre through the Danganronpa collection. I'm looking at the Virtue's Last Reward Collection, and Steins;Gate 0, but prefer playing these games on Vita.

Would it be better to just pick up Steins;Gate on Vita and wait for a sale on 0 down the line? Should I just watch the anime and suck up playing 0 on PS4? Or should I go for the Virtue's collection?

I've never played these games, am super new to the genre (and anime in general) but really dig the Persona games, Danganronpa, Metal Gear, dark sci-fi, and am generally down to try anything video games at least once.

You're like me just a few games behind. I will say that the Virtues series is a bit closer to Danganronpa in terms of some gameplay elements. Steins Gate is almost purely reading.

That said once you get past a very slow first few hours Steins Gate is absolutely incredible and one of my favorite experiences in the last few years. I would recommend playing the first one not just watching the Anime (the game does have a texting mechanic that LEDs to different endings, some of which aren't touched on in the show).

And you are probably right in wanting the Vita version of these games.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
So I originally heard some things about Steins;Gate 0 that really turned me off from it. Is it true that
it ends in a cliffhanger
? Because if so I'd rather wait for the eventual anime adaptation as I preferred that incarnation of the first game.

Some great deals here (for me, that is). Picked up Hitman First Season, Steins Gate, Amnesia Collection, Crypt of the Necrodancer, as well as MGSV on the Konami sale. I'm set.

You're like me just a few games behind. I will say that the Virtues series is a bit closer to Danganronpa in terms of some gameplay elements. Steins Gate is almost purely reading.

That said once you get past a very slow first few hours Steins Gate is absolutely incredible and one of my favorite experiences in the last few years. I would recommend playing the first one not just watching the Anime (the game does have a texting mechanic that LEDs to different endings, some of which aren't touched on in the show).

And you are probably right in wanting the Vita version of these games.

Thanks! The price for Gate is pretty reasonable and the story sounds more my jam so I think I'll go with that.

ajjow

Well, just got metal gear 5.

Should i play peacewalker first?!

I have played mgs, 3 and 4. Never played any other! Help me guys

If the virtues last reward collection means the nonary games, absolutely get that. 999 and virtues last reward are great.

Dingotech

If you enjoy sci-fi stories SOMA is one of the best I've experienced this generation.

Not a heap of gameplay, but as an experience it's great.

Top Bottom