• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Ok I think that site is bugged or somethin becauses this is what I get now..

14f020ae57.png

Alebrije

If I play Fallout 4 and get a trophy , later when the network returns will get that trophy on my account ?

Or I need PSN on to get trophies on any game ???

kevin1025

Banned
I'm thinking that's just how long the automated message will be that before changing. It would be weird for that to be there while they remain silent about it in a more public way. Especially so when they have a store update and PS+ games coming tomorrow.

Spizz

Banned
If I play Fallout 4 and get a trophy , later when the network returns will get that trophy on my account ?

Or I need PSN on to get trophies on any game ???
You'll get the trophy, you just have to sync it when PSN comes back for it to register.

mujun

Kind of blows, I really wanted to buy Rebel Galaxy tomarrow. It's gotta suck for developers when they think their game is going up for sale on a specific day and then nonsense like this happens.

This. I've been waiting for the game to come to the PS4 for months and now this shit happens!

Well this sucks. I don't play Destiny any more so it doesn't effect my playtime though. Not being to communicate with my online buddies kinda stinks.

jstripes

Banned
I just subscribed to PS+ for the first time in like two years... and now I can't use it. It went down before I even turned on my PS3. :p

Insane levels of jumping to conclusions. We've gone for maint, to DDoS to CC data being hacked. This is why Sony needs to speak up, before telephone tag makes it far worse than it may really be.

Insane levels of jumping to conclusions. We've gone for maint, to DDoS to CC data being hacked. This is why Sony needs to speak up, before telephone tag makes it far worse than it may really be.
We have to assume they aren't talking because their phones don't work.

Was probably the Russians.

This. I've been waiting for the game to come to the PS4 for months and now this shit happens!

After hearing all the good things from GiantBomb GOTY's, I became very interested too. Maybe it'll be our restitution for this outage! A free game, our choice of the three that are coming out tomorrow would be great.

OneUh8

Was PSN hacked? Should I cancel my CC yet?

I would never link and save your CC information anywhere, much less PSN. Common guys... Internet shopping rule #1, don't save your info, #2 use a CC not debit. This has been your hot internet shopping minute.

Mr Moose

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

sonyentertainmentnetwork.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: www.playstationnetwork.com, playstationnetwork.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

That's what mine is saying.

This just means that, along with their regular server being down, whatever serves the security certificate is also probably taken down for the time being. Nothing big.

Gleethor

So none of my downloaded apps OR games work at all because my console thinks that I haven't activated it as the primary PS4 (I have) and I can't reactivate it because I can't sign in to PSN. Any way around this other than waiting it out? Its really fucking lame that I can't play offline games or use non-PSN network services and this (apps and games being locked) has never happened to me during a PSN outage before now.

Dominator

If it's down for a few days good thing I've got some Telltale games to play.

Minecraft, Game of Thrones and Borderlands here I come.

So none of my downloaded apps OR games work at all because my console thinks that I haven't activated it as the primary PS4 (I have) and I can't reactivate it because I can't sign in to PSN. Any way around this other than waiting it out? Its really fucking lame that I can't play offline games or use non-PSN network services and this (apps and games being locked) has never happened to me during a PSN outage before now.

Try disconnecting your PS4 from the internet, should think you are offline then. Obviously only games will work with this method.

Maybe they are actually using the downtime for maintenance right now. In the past they used to solve these problems a little quicker, no?

TsuWave

restore licenses worked for me, twice, only temporary, lasted for like one hour (managed to used netflix), before getting a notification that the app would be suspended because licenses could not be verified, app got locked, it took a couple other tries before restore licenses worked again.

Top Bottom