• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale "Love/Hate" (Feb. 13th - 16th, Aksys games)

Zombine

Banned
If I missed it somewhere in the thread I apologize, but does the Laura Croft "Season Pass Pack" include the base game?

Tizoc

Should I buy Guilty Gear and Rayman now even though I don't have a ton of time to play them, or, should I wait and hope they're added as PS+ games in the coming months...

Those sale prices are really, really good.

Get them now, they won't be on PS Plus any time soon.
Besides they work as great 'get together' games, and even if you suck at GG Xrd there is still some fun to be had thanks to its colorful presentation.

I can't help but feel like this is Sony's last-ditch attempt to entice suckers to buy Knack before they finally put it on PS+. I know that sounds rediculous but they have a history of heavily discounting games right before they plus them like with Puppeteer.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Anyone having trouble with DW8XL for the PS4? I downloaded it and all the update files, but it would kick me out when I tried to start it then when I tried to delete it it looped the PS4 for in the "please wait" cycle and never deleted.

I had to unplug the unit and recheck the hard drive for corruption, then I was finally able to delete it. I'm trying to redownload it now.

fulsome

Co-op. All of the content, plus five additional Murphy challenges, is in the Vita version. Also native resolution and 60fps. It's a game that every Vita owner should have.

Sweet, thanks. Bought (prefer single player games on Vita for some reason).

TheJerit

Jackbox Party Pack for $10??

1280482430_making-it-rain.gif

vg260

Guilty Gear Xrd sure is gorgeous. But I wish Sony allowed me to plug in random USB joypads/sticks so I didn't have to play it with the DS4. Why are they being so bullheaded? PS3 was much better in that regard.

This was posted on the site here by the Skullgirls developer:

It's been said in here before, it's very much driven by security. USB is how the PS3 was initially cracked, and we all know what a world of hurt that started for them with the hacks, etc.

By implementing it on a per-game basis, though, it's sandboxed and can't touch the actual OS.

For example, with our driver you'll have to use the DS4 to access the Share and Home features, because there's no way for us to support those buttons on the old hardware.

How is that particular Neptunia game on vita?

I liked what I played of Neptunia Victory on PS3 but got sidetracked due to other games and never got back to it.
I have to echo this guy's question, since I'm still not sure whether I should get HNR or not based on the responses in this thread to similar questions. I've heard some people say it is really excellent, and others say it is a bland game and its humor boils down to "lol waifus". I'm leaning on the "buy it" side of the fence, but I guess I want to check whether the people who are saying that it is bad are basing their opinion on the original, or this new remake. It seems very possible the detractors do not realize the distinction between the original and "Re;Birth".

Will probably get Neptunia to see if it's as bad as i heard (at least the dialogues looks dumb enough) and monpiece to add a anime face on my screen.

Like, is this because Puru has heard the original was bad and wanted to check that out, or is Puru aware that this is a remake that apparently fixes most of the original's problems and still has heard the game is bad?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is the Lara Croft game worth getting? I feel like I've already seen it on sale a number of times, whether it's PC or console and it hasn't really been out that long. I never finished Guardian of Light, but I remember thinking it was cool.

Also if it is good, worth it for season pass version or nah?

It's probably best on consoles for couch co-op. That and the steam page seems to have a large amount of negative user reviews which suggest to me the online co-op aspect is bunked (at least on PC). I bet it is a pretty good game, but I decided against putting it in my cart because I also bet it was heading straight for the PS+ IGC.

I'd restrain myself from getting it, and in a game like this, I can't think of the season pass being anything but some additional "challenge modes" or something. I have no particular problem with extra levels with no story and such things, but I wouldn't buy a blind ticket like a season pass unless I was sure I was getting more "meat" to my game.

I have rayman on Wii U. Is the ps4 superior in any way?

Personally I've found every version that didn't force Touch Screen controls to be superior to the Wii U one. Those Murfy levels pissed me off to no end, and I hated it every time I got to one. I enjoyed them much more when I played them on other console, cuz you don't have platforming controls taken away from you then.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is the Lara Croft game worth getting? I feel like I've already seen it on sale a number of times, whether it's PC or console and it hasn't really been out that long. I never finished Guardian of Light, but I remember thinking it was cool.

Also if it is good, worth it for season pass version or nah?

For what it's worth, I've played through both main games with a buddy. We enjoyed both experiences, but agreed that we liked GoL more than the new one. Didn't touch any of the season pass stuff. IMHO, solid titles for a full night of co-op fun.

Personally I've found every version that didn't force Touch Screen controls to be superior to the Wii U one. Those Murfy levels pissed me off to no end, and I hated it every time I got to one. I enjoyed them much more when I played them on other console, cuz you don't have platforming controls taken away from you then.

This is the main reason I am very slightly hesitant about the Vita version. Is anyone aware of an option that disables the necessity to use the touch screen during these parts?

It's still definitely not worth getting the PS4 version if you've got the Wii U version, though.

Donos

Fuck Sony and their lack of EU love

-buy US PSN credit on amazon.com (make new amazon account with random us adress, pay with you EU credit card)
-make US PSN account (done in 5 minutes) and add the PSN credit
-buy what you want (and even profit from € > $ conversion)
-after you start downloading it on your PS3/PS4 you can change back to your EU account and play games from there + get trophies for it

Top Bottom