• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN friends list disappeared

Doomshine

This happened to my brother a few days ago and it sorted itself out over night. All he tried was add a comment to his profile. but I don't know if that even had anything to do with it being fixed.

Jedi2016

I think it's just a display glitch. While my list was "gone" over the weekend, in-game scoreboards still showed all of my friends, so the system itself still remembered them, it just wasn't displaying them.

Sign out, sign back in, or reboot the system, or just wait until the next time you boot it up. They'll be back.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I think it's just a display glitch. While my list was "gone" over the weekend, in-game scoreboards still showed all of my friends, so the system itself still remembered them, it just wasn't displaying them.

Sign out, sign back in, or reboot the system, or just wait until the next time you boot it up. They'll be back.

Tried all of the above and no luck.
I'm sure they'll fix it but I wanted to play tonight.

Jedi2016

Tried all of the above and no luck.
I'm sure they'll fix it but I wanted to play tonight.
Hm. They were back for me the next time I started my system (several hours later).

Bear in mind the network still remembers they're there (or wherever it stores your info besides the system itself). If you jump into a MP game, are they there, even if they don't show on the XMB?

The reason I ask is, while they were "gone" on my system, I had downloaded Zen Pinball (for the free Star Wars tables), which tracks your high scores against your friends, and the game listed them even while they were "missing" from the XMB. Obviously, something somewhere remembered who they were.

Hm. They were back for me the next time I started my system (several hours later).

Bear in mind the network still remembers they're there (or wherever it stores your info besides the system itself). If you jump into a MP game, are they there, even if they don't show on the XMB?

The reason I ask is, while they were "gone" on my system, I had downloaded Zen Pinball (for the free Star Wars tables), which tracks your high scores against your friends, and the game listed them even while they were "missing" from the XMB. Obviously, something somewhere remembered who they were.

Existence of Sony god particle confirmed.

Top Bottom