• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN is down or is it my account?

RCU005

I've been playing Star Wars: Jedi Survivor for the past 2 hours doing trophy clean-up, but when I tried to check them, I saw that they weren't loading. I quit the game, and nothing was loading on the main menu. I did a Test Connection and says PlayStation Network Sign-In: Failed.

I tried to Sign-In via the web in the computer, but it website doesn't load.

I am afraid that this could be my account, because I have had this account since PS4 launch. I don't play multiplayer and have done nothing wrong.

Thanks.

RCU005

I was able to connect to my account one the web, but not on the PS5; then, restarted PS5 and could login. However, the PS Store and the games' information are not loading. I can see trophies and my library, but I cannot access any game, since the store is not loading.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Really?…A whole thread for something you could have answered in 5 seconds on Google? Okay, what are we doing here at this point?

I normally have a chuckle with Friday-Sunday Neogaf, but the last couple of weeks have been completely unexpected.
It legitimately feels like these threads are a joke.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Can you please…for the love of God…tell us all (us, meaning the OP) how damn easy it is to figure this out with a quick google search?

Why does this happen every weekend? This isn’t PlayStation support…do people really think it is?

I’m not trying to be condescending, but there are seriously several questions like this at the start of every weekend. These threads have to be a joke, right?

Last edited:

RCU005

Can you please…for the love of God…tell us all (us, meaning the OP) how damn easy it is to figure this out with a quick google search?

Why does this happen every weekend? This isn’t PlayStation support…do people really think it is?

I’m not trying to be condescending, but there are seriously several questions like this at the start of every weekend. These threads have to be a joke, right?

What? I am asking for help because I cannot access my account. Yes, the PSN status says that everything is okay, but I cannot use my account.

I find this weird, since I was able to connect via web browser on Chrome, but now it doesn't even load the page anymore (again).

I think that if you can't help, then please allow someone willing, to do so.

Xy37tr0.png

This is the error I get when I click on the Sign In button on the PlayStation website.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
What? I am asking for help because I cannot access my account. Yes, the PSN status says that everything is okay, but I cannot use my account.

I find this weird, since I was able to connect via web browser on Chrome, but now it doesn't even load the page anymore (again).

I think that if you can't help, then please allow someone willing, to do so.
Okay..I get it. I have full connection with two games right now. And once again, you can seriously do a Google search and find downdetector to answer your question. There’s legitimately no reason to start a thread on Neogaf to ask this.

RCU005

Could just be an issue with your ISP route to the PSN servers. Maybe try the app on mobile connection and see if it loads.
Thank you for your help.

I think it is an issue with my ISP. I tried the PS App on the iPhone connected to Wi-Fi and it didn't work. Then, tried with mobile connection and it worked perfectly. I don't have a way to connect mobile data to PS5 directly to try it out, but it does seem it is my ISP.

So then, how can I fix this? Can they restrict access, or could it be just an issue they are having? I've been with this ISP for more than 8 years with no issues at all regarding the PS5 (downloads/online, etc).

Kilau

Thank you for your help.

I think it is an issue with my ISP. I tried the PS App on the iPhone connected to Wi-Fi and it didn't work. Then, tried with mobile connection and it worked perfectly. I don't have a way to connect mobile data to PS5 directly to try it out, but it does seem it is my ISP.

So then, how can I fix this? Can they restrict access, or could it be just an issue they are having? I've been with this ISP for more than 8 years with no issues at all regarding the PS5 (downloads/online, etc).
The internet is a series of tubes and sometimes those tubes get clogged, but really it’s likely something temporarily down between you and PSN. You could try resetting your equipment or changing DNS servers off your ISP, which I would do anyway. If you can connect fine via mobile then you can at least have the peace of mind your account is fine.

RCU005

The internet is a series of tubes and sometimes those tubes get clogged, but really it’s likely something temporarily down between you and PSN. You could try resetting your equipment or changing DNS servers off your ISP, which I would do anyway. If you can connect fine via mobile then you can at least have the peace of mind your account is fine.

Thanks. I did have peace of mind that my account is fine. Hopefully I can work out something with the ISP to fix it. Don't know why or why this problem started. Never had a problem before since PS3 launch in 2006 about accessing PSN.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
People here are giving you crap because we are the least qualified group to help you figure this out. There are three parties involved (You, Sony, your ISP). When issues like this happens, check your internet first (something other than Sony or Playstation pages). If everything is working, check on the status of PSN. If that's up and running. Start turning things on and off and resetting things, etc.

Never had a problem before since PS3 launch in 2006 about accessing PSN.
You don't remember the month long PSN outage in 2011?

BlackTron

I have a bizarre issue that I can't browse products on LEGO's website because the images all stop loading about 1-2 pages in. Nothing I can do fixes it and it even happens with another PC and another OS on the same network. I just assumed it was some networking idiosyncrasy that is beyond me. Only site I will specifically grab my phone and use mobile data to load.

RCU005

People here are giving you crap because we are the least qualified group to help you figure this out. There are three parties involved (You, Sony, your ISP). When issues like this happens, check your internet first (something other than Sony or Playstation pages). If everything is working, check on the status of PSN. If that's up and running. Start turning things on and off and resetting things, etc.

You don't remember the month long PSN outage in 2011?

Thanks!

Yes, I remember. I was playing Portal 2 at that time, I think. It didn’t affect me much because I don’t really play much online. On the PS3 I think I only played Warhawk and LBP.

Top Bottom