• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale in NA: May 24 to May 30 – Extended Play Sale aka Games with Season Passes

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
kinda want to buy Call of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition just to get my COD fix for cheap but i wonder if it even has a community anymore since it was badly received. I might just pass the sale altogether.

Consumer

Hmm... Spiderman 1 + 2 for $25 on PS3, or just Spiderman 2 for $20 on PS4? Decisions, decisions. It's stupid that they only sell the gold edition for ps4, not the regular.

OmegaFax

Any thoughts on Dragon Quest Heroes? I've never played a musou, but I enjoy the DQ franchise and have been on and off again tempted to buy this.

It's a lot slower than Pirate Warriors or Hyrule Warriors. The game is incredibly charming and has an amazing art style/atmosphere but the combat didn't click with me.

J_Viper

Hmm... Spiderman 1 + 2 for $25 on PS3, or just Spiderman 2 for $20 on PS4? Decisions, decisions. It's stupid that they only sell the gold edition for ps4, not the regular.
Do NOT buy Amazing Spider-Man 2

It's seriously one of the worst fucking games I've ever played

kinda want to buy Call of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition just to get my COD fix for cheap but i wonder if it even has a community anymore since it was badly received. I might just pass the sale altogether.

Why not get the hardened edition on Amazon? It was like $14-16 the other days and now its like $19.

gerudoman

Time to get Deadly Premonition and see what all the fuss is about. Considering how divisive it is I don't feel very comfortable buying the digital version but whatever.

Is there any way I can have access to a PS Plus Trial? I'm european and my credit card and PayPal account are apparently not accepted.

yohan12

I was interested in the Battlefront Ultimate Edition but it doesn't even seem to be listed on the store

The complete package of Battlefront for $50 is pretty nice. That's the amount of content the game should have launched with.

Don't think its been mentioned but the PS3 storefront has a new Best of PS3 tab with a new $9.99 section. Some amazing games in there including TLOU, Bioshock, Uncharted Trilogy, virtually every GoW game and some other first party and third party classics. About damn time they added something like this to the store.

I feel like I am the only person who can't see the appeal of Dragon's Crown. I've done most of the first half missions, but the FAQ I've read says the rest is just going back to the same levels and grinding. What am I missing?

lol at the Battlefront Ultimate Edition being the same price as Season Pass itself.

They should call this "Punish the people that buy the game at launch sale"

and yeah, why is Old Hunters still not on sale? =/

Witcher 3 + Expansion pass is cheaper if you buy them separately instead.
Canadian bundle price $60.
If you buy them separately $54.

I hope all season passes bombs so that it's gone for good :/

I doubt it though.
Why? Most season passes are just vehicles for getting DLC discounted. Battlefront, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Fallout, etc all use their season passes to give a stated discount compared to buying all of the DLC piecemeal. They usually go for $50 while the DLC bought separately would be usually $60.

Fbh

Decent sale.

Is Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition like a standalone version of the DLC? or does it include the original game?

Interested in hearts of stone for that price

But do you think they will release a full edition later with that and blood and wine all on disc?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Decent sale.

Is Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition like a standalone version of the DLC? or does it include the original game?

It includes the original game, yes.

Wagram

Valkyria Chronicles 2 is worth the $5. It's not as good as the first game, but I still had fun with it. Biggest criticism was the smaller maps with zoning. Strongly disliked that.

SMK

I feel like I am the only person who can't see the appeal of Dragon's Crown. I've done most of the first half missions, but the FAQ I've read says the rest is just going back to the same levels and grinding. What am I missing?

After you clear the first set of stages, you unlock a second path that ends with a different boss, and you can marathon the stages without going back to town. The goal for marathoning is to get your item find/gold/exp multiplier really high and reap the rewards.

Later on you you unlock a dungeon that has a random layout that contains character unique gear that can change the way they play.

But yeah in the end it's like Diablo where you do runs and grind for gear/exp.

SmoothCB

How's Dying Light? I loved the first section of Dead Island and am wondering if it's similar/better/or...

And how's the story?

How's Dying Light? I loved the first section of Dead Island and am wondering if it's similar/better/or...

And how's the story?

I've heard it's miles better than Dead Island in every way. As someone who enjoyed Dead Island for a single playthrough despite all its faults I'm really interested in it, heard bad things about the Following though. Also heard the story is garbage.

Top Bottom