• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale in NA: May 24 to May 30 – Extended Play Sale aka Games with Season Passes

Witcher 3 + Expansion pass is cheaper if you buy them separately instead.
Canadian bundle price $60.
If you buy them separately $54.

This post led me to buying the base game. I've had Uncharted 4 since launch and haven't started it once. PSN backlog is getting to Steam levels.

OmegaFax

What didn't you like about the combat? I've also never played a musou game.

Attacks felt disconnected. There's a giant field of enemies and most of my attacks didn't hit more than one or two enemies at a time. I think coming from Pirate Warriors 3 -> Dragon Quest Heroes shattered my expectations in a good/bad way. It was different. It stands out as not a copy of the same game with a different IP. The musou DNA is there but not the same kind of quick action/pacing I'd been hooked on with in PW3.

HYDE

Banned
You would think that they'd be selling the discounted DLC separately too for those people who already have the base game but I guess not.

And still no Bloodborne :/

Bloodborne and the Old Hunters DLC are worth full price, quit being cheap. Best game of the generation so far, alongside Uncharted 4.

Combats awful compared to dead island. I never finished dying light and am more excited to rebuy dead island next week

Combat mechanics might not be as complex, definitely not awful. lol Basically everything else about the game is way better. Not sure why you pointed out only one negative and no positives.

-Horizon-

Bloodborne and the Old Hunters DLC are worth full price, quit being cheap. Best game of the generation so far, alongside Uncharted 4.

I already got bloodborne at full price. I just want the DLC on sale here since apparently EU already got it on sale like 2-3 times already.

Jeez.

v1ncelis

Not to get off topic but damn have we fallen low with all these season passes.
Agreed. There's a very few games which need a season pass but on a bright side we finally getting a decent discounts on Season Passes and DLC's. Something what was very rare on PS3/Xbox 360 days.

Ri'Orius

Been meaning to grab Lords of the Fallen. Getting a negative vibe on it in this thread, though: what gives? I thought it was considered a decent Soulslike?

Well the games haven't changed one bit since then, so it depends on how well you liked them back then.

Well, not exactly. 2K16 definitely tries to overhaul the pacing with limited reversals and the stamina bar. It plays a bit differently and is a bit less arcadey, significantly enough that it feels different even if the game looks about the same as in 2007.

Picked up the dlc for Never Alone for 99¢ and picked up Downwell as well. Got it on Vita and was happy to see that it's cross-buy for ps4.

Well the games haven't changed one bit since then, so it depends on how well you liked them back then.

Well, not exactly. 2K16 definitely tries to overhaul the pacing with limited reversals and the stamina bar. It plays a bit differently and is a bit less arcadey, significantly enough that it feels different even if the game looks about the same as in 2007.

So if I enjoyed a majority of the smackdown games, should I just give it a try? I'm itching to play any decent wrestling career mode with good caw creation + crap load of entrance/moveset options lol

It's a lot slower than Pirate Warriors or Hyrule Warriors. The game is incredibly charming and has an amazing art style/atmosphere but the combat didn't click with me.

Thanks for the input. I'm assuming that musou games pretty much live and die by the combat, don't they?

So if I enjoyed a majority of the smackdown games, should I just give it a try? I'm itching to play any decent wrestling career mode with good caw creation + crap load of entrance/moveset options lol

You should. Stick with it because it takes a few matches to understand how to pace yourself so that you don't run out of reversals or get too tired to be effective on offense.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How's Dying Light? I loved the first section of Dead Island and am wondering if it's similar/better/or...

And how's the story?

Game is outstanding, great blend of parkour, survival, and tension.

Story is not the strong point, but I was intrigued by its events to stay curious where it went. Taken out of context though, it could be considered weak.

5taquitos

Are Battlefront or Hardline worth these prices? Also do they even still have players?

Battlefront still has plenty of players on PS4 on all modes, you should never have to wait for a match.

I picked up Hardline a week or two ago during another sale and I have no problems finding matches in the main modes, but the DLC I tried once was empty.

Top Bottom