• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

okenny

Banned
Wario64 said:
There's still a chance that may happen considering the amount of communication we got this week...

When Sony makes a press release this Sunday stating that PSN will be back as early as Tomorrow, I wonder how many people will wait 24 hours to be disappointed versus how many people will finally catch on.

the chris

PSN is coming, PSN is coming, PSN is coming
Ah6bG.jpg

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
don't forget: only the stuff you actually PAY FOR while using PS+ do you get to keep after it expires. all free content you get through it will expire when your subscription does.

Only games (PSN and Mini's) expire, you keep themes, avatars, etc. as far as I know.

the chris said:

Don't get me all excited.
Us Brink PS3 players are in pain right now.

okenny said:
When Sony makes a press release this Sunday stating that PSN will be back as early as Tomorrow, I wonder how many people will wait 24 hours to be disappointed versus how many people will finally catch on.

All I can say is like I said before, no updates or any peep at all for a few days now (gee, the exact time they said PSN was supposed to be back) and probably no updates until Monday or Tuesday (since they're off weekends most likely) is a bad sign.

jetsetfluken said:
Only games (PSN and Mini's) expire, you keep themes, avatars, etc. as far as I know.

right. basically anything that sony can apply an expiration date to, will expire with the subscription.

speaking of which, i wish PS+ would give us discounts and freebies in the Movies/TV part of the store. =/

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
the chris said:
Ah6bG.jpg

I was trying to find video of them in the car.

"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"
"Is PSN up yet"
"No"

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Susurrus said:
Use the PS3 backup utility.

It takes a while if you have a lot of stuff, but you can go do something else while it is happening. Also it backs up EVERYTHING* and restores EVERYTHING* (if you're on the same PS3).

*Except trophies(?)

It don't backup PS1/PS2 game saves.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kagari said:
I wonder how long they're planning QA for. It's been on going in that stage for at least 3-4 days now.

They need a couple more days to get that top 1% leaderboard trophy for Killzone 2

ElRenoRaven

Kagari said:
I wonder how long they're planning QA for. It's been on going in that stage for at least 3-4 days now.

Beats me. At this point I don't give a shit. I'm done buying my multiplatform games for PSN. Hell I'm pretty much done buying games for my PS3 in general at this point. I won't be like some and sell it because I already have several games and it is my Blu-Ray player. That would be just stupid to do because then I'd either have to rebuy the games I can on the 360 or pc. I'd also then have to buy another Blu-Ray player too. So no I won't be that stupid. However I can certainly change my future purchasing habits.

okenny

Banned
Kagari said:

Since QA can be an iterative loop, I'd imagine they found more problems and had to do more development. LOL! To think if this was a game, it would've have been out Wednesday (three weeks ago if adhering to Obsidian's QA standards) with all the bugs and vulnerabilities entail.

People hate things late but it seems that Sony's learned that people hate things broken more.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
PsychoRaven said:
Beats me. At this point I don't give a shit. I'm done buying my multiplatform games for PSN. Hell I'm pretty much done buying games for my PS3 in general at this point. I won't be like some and sell it because I already have several games and it is my Blu-Ray player. That would be just stupid to do because then I'd either have to rebuy the games I can on the 360 or pc. I'd also then have to buy another Blu-Ray player too. So no I won't be that stupid. However I can certainly change my future purchasing habits.

Then why are you still in this thread?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
okenny said:
Since QA can be an iterative loop, I'd imagine they found more problems and had to do more development. LOL! To think if this was a game, it would've have been out Wednesday (three weeks ago if adhering to Obsidian's QA standards) with all the bugs and vulnerabilities entail.

People hate things late but it seems that Sony's learned that people hate things broken more.

QA has been going smoothly, from what I was told.

So I know this may not be the right thread for it, but my phat PS3 got the YLOD and I want to backup my game saves so I can restore them on a potential new PS3. Is there any way to do this? I suppose just taking out the hard drive from a new PS3 and replacing it with the one from my phat won't work either?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wario64 said:
They need a couple more days to get that top 1% leaderboard trophy for Killzone 2

Sunday at 6PM PST, IIRC. So it'll be up after that at least.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Scalpel Knight said:
So I know this may not be the right thread for it, but my phat PS3 got the YLOD and I want to backup my game saves so I can restore them on a potential new PS3. Is there any way to do this? I suppose just taking out the hard drive from a new PS3 and replacing it with the one from my phat won't work either?

Nope, you'll have to reflow the board.

Kolgar

Kagari said:

Because he's been following this whole terrible situation and he's frustrated. He WANTS the damn thing to come back online so he can enjoy the games he's paid for, but he can't and he's pissed.

I don't blame him. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't also buy all future multiplat releases for a different console, because if PSN is this fragile, who's to say our PS3s will even have access to an online service in a few years?

That may sound far-fetched, but most of us wouldn't have believed that something of this magnitude would ever happen, either.

It's great that some folks are taking a light-hearted tack with all of this, but clearly people have a right to be frustrated, too. And where else are they to post that?

ElRenoRaven

Kagari said:

Because I'd like it to come up so I can remove my contact info. I also like to change my information so that nobody who stole my info could use my account. At the same time I also would still like the game series I have already paid for (BTTF) to be released. After all I did already purchase that. That's why.

I do believe I have been more then patient with how Sony has treated us. I'm not saying burn Sony at the stake. I'm not saying I'm gonna sell my shit. So I'm still a customer of theirs and of course this is a thread to discuss a situation that is currently affecting all of us who own this console. That's why I'm still in the thread.

Well that and also because thanks to you this is the only place to get any real info about what is going on. I do thank you for that too btw.

alstein

Sony now has ten days to get PSN up and running, or I'm selling my PS3 and never doing business with them again. Yeah it will cost me money, but I've got the money. I'm that dissatisfied now.

I've been patient long enough now with this, and I've finished my backlog.

RagnarokX

eLZhi said:
Ew... expired Simpsons.

Season 2 Episode 15:

Bart+Lisa: Are we there yet?
Homer: Just a little further!
Homer: Just a little fur...
Homer: Just a little further!!
Marge: Bart! Lisa! If you don't behave, we'll turn this car right around and go home.
Homer: But Marge, I want to see my brother!
Marge: Oh, for God sakes, Homer, it's an empty threat.

Is PSN back yet?
Just a few more days!
Is PSN back yet?
Just a few more days!
Is PSN back yet?
Just a few more days!!

Jeels

alstein said:
Sony now has ten days to get PSN up and running, or I'm selling my PS3 and never doing business with them again. Yeah it will cost me money, but I've got the money. I'm that dissatisfied now.

From a purely economical standpoint, that's just silly.

jackdoe

alstein said:

Haha. You're generous. IMO, they really have until Tuesday to get online play back up or face some serious wrath. Cause "a few more days" becomes a lie once you get to seven days and Sony has enough broken promises and missed deadlines to fill a dumpster.

alstein said:

And what do you do about upcoming games on the PS3?

May I introduce the REAL official song for people who never gave up hope in this thread...

Well I won't back down,
No I won't back down,
You can stand me up at the Gates of Hell,
But I won't back down...

I'm gonna stand my ground, I won't be turned around,
I'll keep lack of PSN from draggin' me down,
gonna stand my ground...
... and I won't back down...

(Hey Sony...)
there ain't no easy way out...
(Hey I...)
will stand my ground...
and I won't back down...

(Hey Sony...)
(Hey I...)
I won't back down...

(Hey Sony...)
(Hey I...)
will stand my ground...
and I won't back down...
no I won't back down...

ElRenoRaven

alstein said:

See not to pick on you but this is an example of what I'm not going to do. Why would you sell all your stuff and lose money? You've already spent that money. Sony has already gotten that money. You hurt Sony in no way by selling all that stuff.

ElRenoRaven

FLEABttn said:
Well, it's already out there. Can't really put the genie back in the bottle.

True but let's be honest. No network is 100 percent secure. It can be hacked into again. You can also bet your bottom dollar they will try again. If not them someone else will. I would rather nobody else get that information. So since Sony to me has proven they can't keep my information safe I'd rather them no longer have it.

LiK

Kagari said:

Few more days.
Working on it.
Few more days.
Working on it.
Few more days.
Working on it.

ElRenoRaven

LiK said:
Few more days.
Working on it.
Few more days.
Working on it.
Few more days.
Working on it.

No. It's more like this.

*Crickets chirp*
*Tumble weed rolls by*
Repeat this for anywhere from a couple more days to a couple more weeks or months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom