• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
maybe soon that means I can totally register Portal 2 :(
I am still so so glad I synced up Portal 2 when I did. I was going to leave it until the next day but something in my head said "no man, take the 5 minutes and do it now before you go to bed."

Thank you, thing in my head.

LiK

Amir0x said:
:bow: Gross little girl's tv show watched by grown ass adults. :headshake.gif: PowerPuff Girls is the only show that can walk that line!

and Care Bears! umm...wait

i wonder if my guess for PSN being back up end of this week will be destroyed...

Mileena

Banned
Y2Kev said:
People bringing that disgusting pony shit into this and other non-pony threads will be banned.
Im2kS.gif

th3dude

MetatronM said:
I am still so so glad I synced up Portal 2 when I did. I was going to leave it until the next day but something in my head said "no man, take the 5 minutes and do it now before you go to bed."

I really do feel for those that either didn't or didn't get a chance to.

I got mine on release day and registered right away for no other reason than to see how it worked. Glad I was curious. Still really anxious to make a coop run on PSN to finish up the Platinum, though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yes, please stop shitting up threads with that garbage. It'd be nice if this one could stay on topic for once.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Y2Kev said:
People bringing that disgusting pony shit into this and other non-pony threads will be banned.

Damn. Laying down the law.

*IAMTHELAW.gif*

MetatronM said:

I'm so glad i played through coop with my roomie and registered pc before all this crap hit the fan.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, didn't expect a derail. I've posted pics like that before without incident. It's the crap pandaman was posting that derailed threads.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bigas said:
I wonder if the devs shall make some sort of PSN Store test with their own Credit Card info.

:lol Why should they be the ones to burn when Sony has consumers that'll be able to do that?

PSN better be back soon! I know I say this all the time, but I'm tired of waiting. I haven't played Mortal Kombat online yet. Cyrax is already tired of waiting to kick ass! :(

bigas

TheSeks said:
:lol Why should they be the ones to burn when Sony has consumers that'll be able to do that?

Yeah, you're right. We've been doing that for 5 years now. That's plenty of time to beta-test my CC, Sony!

fernoca

Y2Kev said:
Hahaha..now I'm more interested (not in the actual ban :p). Was wondering after seeing so many people with those avatars. XD

ElRenoRaven

See you know. This is a prime example of something Sony could use to update us with. They could say today we brought our Developer network up. This is an important step. That would be a good sign that they are truly working on it. Course we can't have that. So we depend on 3rd parties to give us any info.

That's just pathetic too if you ask me.

PsychoRaven said:
See you know. This is a prime example of something Sony could use to update us with. They could say today we brought our Developer network up. This is an important step. That would be a good sign that they are truly working on it. Course we can't have that. So we depend on 3rd parties to give us any info.

That's just pathetic too if you ask me.
They're only doing this because they're going to surprise us with a FF VII Remake Demo when PSN is back up. :)

"Stop posting Pony crap and stay on topic!"
*pages of people quoting the mods and applauding them instead of getting back to the topic*

So does the pool end when the Dev net is confirmed up, or when it's live for everybody? What if they release it in stages, maybe regionally? Would you count when it starts going live, or when it ends?

ElRenoRaven

Shadowlink said:
They're only doing this because they're going to surprise us with a FF VII Remake Demo when PSN is back up. :)

LMAO. I wouldn't give a damn. I've never liked the FF series much less any JRPG other then the original Pokemon. I won't lie. I did enjoy that game. I think it was the Red one I played.

PsychoRaven said:
LMAO. I wouldn't give a damn. I've never liked the FF series much less any JRPG other then the original Pokemon. I won't lie. I did enjoy that game.
What Playstation game do you like then?

ElRenoRaven

Shadowlink said:
What Playstation game do you like then?

Oh there are tons. the Playstation has more then JRPGs. There is the God of War series, Resistance, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and many other series you can only find on PS.

the chris

Shadowlink said:
Everyone knows Sony is giving away the full version of the FF7 remake along with a demo of Versus XIII.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Shadowlink said:

Actually, the FFVII Remake is one of the games Square-Enix canned.

whatatwist.jpg

PsychoRaven said:
Oh there are tons. the Playstation has more then JRPGs. There is the God of War series, Resistance, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and many other series you can only find on PS.
Alright! They're not updating PSN because there will be demos of GT6, Killzone 4, Wipeout sequel, Twisted Metal sequel, God of War 4, and Resistance when PSN is back up. The shocker will be that there will also be a demo of The Last Guardian. Happy now? :p

malyce

Y2Kev said:

Amir0x said:
:bow: Gross little girl's tv show watched by grown ass adults. :headshake.gif: PowerPuff Girls is the only show that can walk that line!
that shit that make your soul burn slow...

simtmb

Screw that, just allow me and many others to play MK online. Seriously.

My only issue with this downtime, i never redeemed my pass (it was delivered late), and even if PSN is back up, no store, no redeem, no online.

: @

simtmb said:
Screw that, just allow me and many others to play MK online. Seriously.

My only issue with this downtime, i never redeemed my pass (it was delivered late), and even if PSN is back up, no store, no redeem, no online.

: @
Oh shit! You're right! I never redeemed my pass either. Hopefully there's an option to redeem codes without having to go on the PS store but I doubt that would happen.

Shadowlink said:
Alright! They're not updating PSN because there will be demos of GT6, Killzone 4, Wipeout sequel, Twisted Metal sequel, God of War 4, and Resistance when PSN is back up. The shocker will be that there will also be a demo of The Last Guardian. Happy now? :p

Personally I want to see how the Shenmue 3 demo plays along with the new line of SEGA Saturn PSN updated ports such as NiGHTS, Radiant Silvergun, Sonic Jam, Panzer Dragoon Saga to start off with. SEGA is really stepping up...

i'm afraid to try and sign in and be one of the unfortunate few that for some reason were halfway able to sign in except not, and their account get borked.

like when you're halfway between portals and one disappears. :x

ElRenoRaven

Shadowlink said:

Nope. Not a Last Guardian fan. That kills it for me.

Rubenov

xKilltheMx said:
I swear if it ends up being my original May 16th bet I'm going to explode. Plus I lost my Kmart $15 coupon so those will compound on each other. I'm a sad panda.

Monday.. hmmm I would say there is a good chance for this.

DailyVacation

Neo Member
I miss looking at my XMB avatar and trophy rank. I realized that I just idle at my profile 85% of the time, updating my avatar's comment as though it was a tweet.

The past three weeks have been the most gaming intensive I've been, yet I haven't completed a single game.

My Doctor Who marathon has kept me busy but PSN is coming for all of us, I can feel it in my bones.

Conceited said:
It's the only TV show thread that has been banished to the community section. That should tell you something.
Wow. You weren't joking. And they're getting mad at the mods and people getting annoyed by their picture here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
SOE Update
May 12, 2011
We thank you for your patience as we continue to work around the clock to restore our game services. We know this has been a frustrating time for you and appreciate your understanding as we work to confirm the security of our network.

In light of the recent outage of Sony Online Entertainment's game services due to April's cyber-attack, we are committed to compensating our loyal player base for the inconvenience caused by the data breach and lost game time while we improve our security measures.

We are currently in the process of an extensive upgrade to our network to further protect your information from future attacks. It will likely be at least a few more days before we restore our services, and when we come back online, here is what you can expect for each of our game services.

First and foremost, all impacted players will receive 30 days of game time added to the end of the current billing cycle in addition to one day for each day the system is down. Additionally, many games are offering a variety of in-game items and special events to welcome players back once our services resume (per the outline below). This is true for both PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system based products.

DC Universe™ Online: Batman™ and Two-Face™ Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
Free Realms®: Free daily items (7 to collect)
Clone Wars Adventures™: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
EverQuest®: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes®: A series of Double XP events
Star Wars Galaxies™: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, the Slave I™
Magic: The Gathering - Tactics™: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
PoxNora®: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash

For our lifetime subscribers, we'll grant in-game currency; specifically 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe Online (in addition to the items listed above).

And finally, our Station Access subscribers will receive 500 Station Cash, in addition to the subscription time and items listed above.

Additionally, we announced today that SOE will provide its U.S.-based Station Account holders with complimentary enrollment in an identity theft protection program through Debix, one of the industry's most reputable identity protection firms. For Station Account holders who live outside the U.S., SOE will be offering similar programs, if and as available, and will provide details as they're confirmed for each country or territory.

We continue to work around the clock to restore SOE's services and thank you for your continued patience as we complete our investigation of this criminal attack.

Thank you,
Sony Online Entertainment

^Nice! Guess that means either this or next week for sure. I'm also hoping there's a way to redeem codes. I don't want to wait another week or two to play MK online.

PsychoRaven said:
Nope. Not a Last Guardian fan. That kills it for me.
Alright! How about PSN doesn't come back up, and we don't get demos at all? You Greedy Bastard!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
DailyVacation said:
I miss looking at my XMB avatar and trophy rank. I realized that I just idle at my profile 85% of the time, updating my avatar's comment as though it was a tweet.

I want this now.

It will likely be at least a few more days before we restore our services

its always a few more days.

Just got the update. At least progress is finally being made and the the fucking ponies are quarantined PSN is coming partly up...for a few devs.
I would really like to play some fucking Portal 2 online.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
maxxpower said:
Yeah they're gonna keep saying that every week. Right now I'm going with May 24th.

Key words: at least

That means...anywhere from 3 - ∞ more days

I'll be holding my breath.

It was fun living in the 90s again for the past two weeks.

I had to take my PS3 to a friends to play Portal 2 coop. I wish the internet would go offline every year for a week or two for cleansing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom