• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Lindsay said:
(04-16-2011, 12:59 PM)

L95! Getting closer to the triple digits! Also hit Ranger 16 and Hunter 10. Having the freeze resist ability oughta help out alot! Pit's request missions are glitchier then I thought sometimes you'll end up with more kills then there is possible (ex: The Mad Beasts has two Estarks in Sector 1 and two in Sector 2 yet the kill count says I got 5 of them?). btw Whats up with the online? I was all settled in last night and this afternoon to play but kept getting "the connection to playstation network has timed out" -.- Guess I'll lay back and play Yakuza 4 instead!

Thats 4, count 'em 4 weeks without being able ta play this online! Amazing job Sony!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Loudninja said:

Ya like I posted way back when PSPs were having issues connecting to PSN ;_; Some suspect the firmware 6.38 which came out that week was bugged and messed up but nobody reallys know!

DiscoJer

Lindsay said:
Ya like I posted way back when PSPs were having issues connecting to PSN ;_; Some suspect the firmware 6.38 which came out that week was bugged and messed up but nobody reallys know!

Sigh. I can see Sony forgetting to fix PSN for PSPs.

"We already have a handheld?" - SCEA

um..is Live down for anyone else?

I just got my old 360 back from a friend and I'm trying to get it connect but it just doesn't. I do the test but it doesn't get past the Xbox Live part and tells me something about the ICMP not responding.

I'm seriously starting to hate this internet shit with these consoles if shit doesn't work.

So much rage over the last few hours. Can anyone help? I didn't think it was thread worthy.

Well I haven't sold my ps3 but I sure as hell bought a gold subscription and have replaced my ps3 with my xbox 360. Any Multiplayer focused games will not be purchased on the ps3, FUCK SONY. This shit has gone on for to long.

ElRenoRaven

xelios said:
That sounds eerily familiar.

Well that's because we've heard that twice already. The sad part is us PSN users haven't had an update since the 10th. Granted I don't think the SOE users have had any till just now. So I guess that's even more pathetic. Needless to say Sony is being as incompetent as ever.

ToyBroker

Banned
TheFuryMGS3 said:
Well I haven't sold my ps3 but I sure as hell bought a gold subscription and have replaced my ps3 with my xbox 360. Any Multiplayer focused games will not be purchased on the ps3, FUCK SONY. This shit has gone on for to long.

Man talk about tears.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheFuryMGS3 said:

That's cool. Maybe you should read the OP next time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So it has been what, 3 weeks now? Glad I don't own a PS3 right now, but it is annoying that I can't download Granida on my PSP.

Kagari said:
Okay, so this was mentioned in the old thread by a QA tester and since then I have had other developers confirm to me that this is the case. The internal PSN developer network is online again, at least it seems for some, although things are still a bit shaky at the moment such as lack of new account sign up.

Looks like the full network, at least the online play/account part of it, will be back soon.

What does the OP mention?

Aeana

Amir0x said:
:bow: Gross little girl's tv show watched by grown ass adults. :headshake.gif: PowerPuff Girls is the only show that can walk that line!
But MLP is by the same people as PPG.

Mileena

Banned
fernoca said:
Well, they promised "a few more days". By adding more days, they're are giving us more than promised!! :p
Once the few more days is done there's another few more days. A few more days will never come. Time to suicide.

Clipper

corkscrewblow said:
Once the few more days is done there's another few more days. A few more days will never come. Time to suicide.
The most recent quote (from May 10) was that it would be at least a few more days until it was back. They never said it would be back 'in a few more days'.

Yes, they were wrong about it being back within the week, but the only things they have promised right now is everything back by the end of May and at least a few days from the 10th before we get anything.

Y2Kev said:
People bringing that disgusting pony shit into this and other non-pony threads will be banned.
WNDY0.gif
WNDY0.gif
WNDY0.gif

hell yeah

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hooray for local multiplayer.

It really shows how nowadays people aren't physically social, unlike before.

DiscoJer said:
Sigh. I can see Sony forgetting to fix PSN for PSPs.

"We already have a handheld?" - SCEA

shit, didn't think of that.

it also got qriocity before PS3 correct? seems like it would need new firmware too. it seems to connect to PSN in a more crude fashion.

Kagari said:
Logic would dictate that because the developer network is coming back up, so should the regular network.

Not trying to be inflammatory in any way but logic stated that it would be up the first couple days of May, but we know how that went...........

I am just frustrated with the hang up time, especially as some one who pays for plus membership.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheFuryMGS3 said:
Not trying to be inflammatory in any way but logic stated that it would be up the first couple days of May, but we know how that went...........

I am just frustrated with the hang up time, especially as some one who pays for plus membership.

Good thing you'll be getting redeemed for that Plus downtime.

RPGCrazied

I hope I don't forget this PSN card I bought like right when the network went down. ;/ Hope I don't lose it. I probably will, figures.

ToyBroker

Banned
TheFuryMGS3 said:

You're getting reimbursed man, good lord.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sorry if old, but it looks like the JP site was updated yesterday:

2011年5月12日 日本国内における“PlayStation Network”/“Qriocity”のサービス再開の進捗状況

“PlayStation Network”および“Qriocity”の障害が継続しており、誠に申し訳ありません。

先日の最新情報でお伝えしました通り、今後のサービス再開につきましては、お客様に対する安全性を確保した上で地域ごとに段階的に実施する予定です。

日本国内にて可能な限り早期にサービス再開ができるよう準備を進めておりますが、現在、より高度なセキュリティを実現し安全性を確実なものとするための検証を行っている段階です。サーバーは、より安全性の高い施設への移設を完了し、さらに暗号化の強化、新たなファイヤーウォールの増設など、お客様が安心して再び“PlayStation Network”と“Qriocity”をご利用いただくために、最大限の対応をしております。また、サイバー攻撃の早期発見を促す警告システムの導入やモニタリング、脆弱性の排除を目的としたシステムのアップグレードを施し、お客様の大切な個人情報を守るために情報管理を徹底するための体制を整えております。

お客様に対する安全確保を万全のものとするために、今しばらくの時間をいただくことになりますが、何卒ご理解くださいますようお願い申し上げます。最新情報につきましては、当サイトにて随時ご案内いたします。

お客様およびパートナー企業の皆様に、ご不便とご迷惑をおかけしておりますことを深くお詫び申し上げます。

Google translation:
12 May 1992 in Japan 2011 "PlayStation Network" / "Qriocity" service resumed progress

"PlayStation Network" and "Qriocity" and continued failure, I am sorry indeed.

As we told the other day with the latest information in regard to future service restart, will be conducted in stages on a regional basis to ensure the safety of our customers.

We are preparing to be able to resume service as soon as possible in Japan, and is now doing the verification stage for ensuring the safety and security, providing more advanced.
Server to complete the relocation of more secure facilities, further strengthening of encryption, such as adding a new firewall, back to your peace of mind "PlayStation Network" and "Qriocity" to stay in a We support the most. The monitoring and the introduction of warning systems facilitate early detection of cyber attacks, subjected to a system upgrade intended to eliminate vulnerabilities, established a system to ensure information management to protect important personal information of customers We.

For those of you committed to ensuring safety, but would take some time for some time now, humbly thank you for your understanding. For the latest information, this website will guide you at any time.

To everyone of our customers and partners, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience and inconvenience.

Japan going live first?

Whogie

(I'm going to assume the other PSN thread shouldn't be bumped)
I recall Sony mentioning some free ID protection in regards to this incident. Is that available yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hm... Portal 2's global stats on Steam for the first singleplayer achievement is 89.2% global when the PS3 Steam overlay shows 81%.

Not sure if that's updating or if the Steam overlay for the PS3 version only counts the PS3 version.

What's funny is that the Steam news/blog posts continues to update even with this downtime.

lucius

If it is not up by Tuesday I will be buying all future multiplatform games on 360. I put faith in Sony preordering LA Noire on PS3, not up by tues most my money goes to Microsoft.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Whogie said:
(I'm going to assume the other PSN thread shouldn't be bumped)
I recall Sony mentioning some free ID protection in regards to this incident. Is that available yet?
Not up yet, but here's the blog post on it and here's the actual site. They'll be sending out vouchers via email soon and you must register before they expire (June 18th).

okenny

Banned
Wario64 said:
WHEN DOES PSN GO UP NEOGAF BETTING LIST (CLOSED)
April 29 - EL Beefo, demigod
April 30 - hikarutilmitt, Rewrite, YianGaruga, Sblargh, Adamm, rSpooky, Manji Silk Boss, x3sphere
May 1 - Marius_, ULTROS!, ApolloJoh, RbBrdMan, mr stroke, Tonza, jayb, Trin3785, dirkdiggy, robut, mufraka, Beam, B1gg_Randall, darkwing, JazzmanZ, rainking187, DR3AM, Lonely1, Koodo, SUBZERO-08, OneMoreQuestion
May 2 - Wario64, Hex, AwesomeSauce, Dead Man, plainr_, pharmboy044, chubigans, KingOfKong, Miutsu, reKon, PigSpeakers, Jinfash, Complexgod, onQ123, Trevelyon, Kccitystar, Killthee, Fistwell, Atruvius, Jaroof, polyh3dron, shagg_187, LiK, Jax, get2sammyb, Giriath_89, grkazan12, electroshockwave, Hanmik, TheSeks, enewtabie, The_Darkest_Red, aristotle, fadetoblack, Zoibie, Sp3eD, Oni Jazar, Withnail, giancarlo123x, caliblue15, TheBrain76, Cloudius12, Firehead, FINALBOSS, Toki767, Chrange, Cruzader, baekshi, ShineALight, Akuosa, GTP_Daverytimes, Infernodash, .JayZii, Seraphis Cain, Agent X, jcm, Onion_Relish, PsychoRaven
May 3 - xaosslug, arnoldocastillo2003, Professor Beef, gutter_trash, Dreamgazer, QuantumBro, RustyNails, ZeroRay, polg, daegan, Stoffinator, angelfly, StunandStab, Kaizer, Revolutionary, spats, Xater, lawblob, MooMoo, hirokazu, DMeisterJ, cjtiger300, Dedication Through Light, KenOD, No_Style, DaBuddaDa, gl0w, BLSwagger10, Kung Fu Grip, vilmer_, xKilltheMx, spindashing, phosphor112, Paznos, DenogginizerOS, Zoe, Shalashaska, Majine, LyleLanley, Rebel Leader, gregor7777, FunkyPajamas, Dark Schala, Crewnh, thegreatchamp, maxte, iCon, AniHawk, Lion Heart, Irish, -Pyromaniac-, ZZMitch, Carl, Sadaiyappan, Ericsc, androvsky, CatPee, Vormund, ShortBus, HaRyu, Returners, Purexed, LugNut74, Big Papa Husker, I3rand0, Cosmo Clock 21, tenchir, BackwardsSuggestions, Strider2K99, Akkad, rekameohs, Mercury Fred, How About No, MrTroubleMaker, DrAndonuts
May 4 - Ickman3400, RPGCrazied, Sword Familiar, Prodigal, V_Ben, BeeDog, PjotrStroganov, Mr_Brit, Neuromancer, Rikyfree, darkjedi187, Ikkarus, iNvidious01, Billychu, Mikey Jr., raebodep, lastinline, Arpharmd B, sn1pes, kinoki, Manticore, offshore, Whogie, jackb2424, notworksafe, WonkyPanda, Mr Pockets, BobTheFork, jsrv, Y2Kev, slayn, Mr.NiceGuy, NMan, theta11, Ark, Averon, Snuggler, Knux-Future, EricHasNoPull, Jo-El, Nekrono, Relix, CenLX615, Kurod
May 5- upJTboogie, CcrooK, TOM f'N CRUISE, Voltron64, Marrshu, JLG-, upJTboogie, Metalmurphy, olimpia84, CadetMahoney, NYR, falconzss, MushroomSamba, Yenrot, Raistlin, vermadas, Hey You, OchreHand, gnat_, Shinriji, HarryDemeanor, RobotsAnger, Vamphuntr, Zerokku, Forkball, Cth, Yoshiya
May 6 - Snack, UberTag, Aselith, StevePharma, Urban Scholar, _dementia, Xiul, ChocolateCupcakes, AnEternalEnigma, Relaxed Muscle, vulva, Family Fry, alr1ghtstart, stupei, S1lent, dangerbyrnes, brollyman2k, Chumly, Xanathus, cnizzle06, JasonMCG
May 7 - Dipindots, pslayer666, Persona7, AlberichMX, Bamelin, nbcjr, Htown, Wolves Evolve, sw33tclyde, JetBlackPanda
May 8 - nny, leroidys, BlueSummers, SoundWave, Hieberrr
May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg, Proposed Law, blazinglazers, Violater, Epcott, webcivilian, Raoh, Jakfu, Conflict NZ, zerokoolpsx, CoffeeExpress
May 10 - Noshino, Baconbitz, CitizenCope, purple cobra, nckillthegrimace, Don, greyshark, gembel, thetechkid, demolitio
May 11 - Kafel, timetokill, ithorien, Mr. E. Yis

All I see is a list of people who'll develop trust issues :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Killthee said:
Sorry if old, but it looks like the JP site was updated yesterday:

Google translation:

Japan going live first?

How do you make sense of that out of the poor Google translation. For all we know, it's the same "Service is currently under testing and we're nearly finished. Service should be back soon (haha, fat chance)" non-news posting SCEA has been doing.

Stone glases through houses said:
All I see is a list of people who'll develop trust issues

Shouldn't you be throughing houses at stones?

(I can't really care about PSN being back or not if it would just let me fucking achievement whore in Portal 2 in lockstep to Steam. GOD.)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
12 May 1992 in Japan 2011 "PlayStation Network" / "Qriocity" service resumed progress

PSN will be back May 12 1992 in Japan?

Plasmid

Y2Kev said:
People bringing that disgusting pony shit into this and other non-pony threads will be banned.

74Frm.gif

This is worth the 249.99 purchase of a ps3.

Happy to see PSN going back up soon (maybe) gotta get my infamous for 9.99 time!

Also please don't kill me but what's the possibility of this happening again? Has sony really beefed up their security to prevent this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom