• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP in 2012 - What's left? 5 RPGS!

Eusis

They DO have yet unrevealed titles, not that I'd be too hopeful but it's not as if they inherently picked Unchained Blades "over" it.

cj_iwakura

Wow, I didn't know Tom was such an Oreshika advocate. Maybe there's hope yet.

There's a thread at Atlus' MB too, but they haven't been nearly as receptive.

I can't imagine it's a hard game to license, but then again, maybe Sony are involved in addition to AlfaSystem.

Takao

Banned
I can't imagine it's a hard game to license, but then again, maybe Sony are involved in addition to AlfaSystem.

It's not exactly like SCE are a hard publisher to deal with. They allow plenty of their games to be localized by other studios. Heck, XSEED localized a few Wild Arms games.

Eusis

It's not exactly like SCE are a hard publisher to deal with. They allow plenty of their games to be localized by other studios. Heck, XSEED localized a few Wild Arms games.
Which probably means that if they feel it's worth localization they may be able to get their foot in and work out a deal. Guess it depends on who they contacted to get Wild Arms.

My main gripe about all these PSP games... why aren't they coming to Vita? Sigh. I understand it's like insanely cheap and easy to make crap on the PSP now but come on. I want awesome JRPGs on my Vita.

Outside of Japan, games only on PSP are basically quietly sent outside to be shot and forgotten about. I don't want the same thing to happen to the Vita :\ Anyway, a lot of these look really good. I'm still REALLY upset that the localization of Grand Knights History was cancelled though :\ That was one of the few PSP games I absolutely had to have. I wanted to see that art on my Vita ;-;

Eusis

The only reason I care (for the most part) where they go is because of localization chances. Had the PSP been just as strong here as in Japan I wouldn't really care, though it'd be nice if SCEA were more on the ball about supporting digital PSP downloads on Vita.

My main gripe about all these PSP games... why aren't they coming to Vita? Sigh. I understand it's like insanely cheap and easy to make crap on the PSP now but come on. I want awesome JRPGs on my Vita.

In Japan, it's because the PSP has such market strength and penetration and the tools are mature. A lot of devs were similarly slovenly in making the PS2->PS3 shift (assuming they didn't just near-abandon the PS3 straight out for the PSP).

Also, I haven't played it, but if we didn't have Project Four jamming up our gears at the moment with Territoire looming (for real) on the horizon, I'd definitely be investigating Oreshika, because the concept sounds amazing. We (at Carpe Fulgur) would probably need a hand with the physical side of things, but for something that unique I'd be willing to cut a deal or three.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kinda need help to pick what's a better game:

Atlus is having a sale now, but usually I like my RPGs with great stories and fun battle systems. So.... Hexyz Force or Persona 2: Innocent Sin?

Also, I'm in a mood for adventure/VN games. Hakuoki or Disgaea Infinite? I'm relatively new to the Disgaea universe, although I find their humor slightly weird, slightly funny.

Dwayne

Does anyone have a conclusive list of PSN Exclusive PSP games? Specifically games that were released on UMD in Japan but only digitally elsewhere.
I prefer to buy UMD's releases, but if DD is the only way it'd be good to know which titles to look out for in PSN sales.

Here's the ones I know of:
Ape Quest
Cladun: This is an RPG
Cladun X2
Class of Heroes 2
Clockwork Heroes
Corpse Party
EchoChrome (US)
EchoShift (US)
Hot Shot Shorties
Patapon 2 (US)
Unchained Blades
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? (US)
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2

Does anyone have a conclusive list of PSN Exclusive PSP games? Specifically games that were released on UMD in Japan but only digitally elsewhere.
I prefer to buy UMD's releases, but if DD is the only way it'd be good to know which titles to look out for in PSN sales.

Here's the ones I know of:
Ape Quest
Cladun: This is an RPG
Cladun X2
Class of Heroes 2
Clockwork Heroes
Corpse Party
EchoChrome (US)
EchoShift (US)
Hot Shot Shorties
Patapon 2 (US)
Unchained Blades
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? (US)
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2

You can add Fate/Unlimited Codes to that list.
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord?! 2 including the first one is available on UMD

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hopefully after P4G is released (or around the time of release) Atlus USA announces Persona 2: EP. I know it'll happen sometime.

Jawmuncher

Grand knights history is all I wanted but NOOOOOO.
Fucking translation was done and everything.
Someone needs to "leak" the complete translation to the team trying to do the enlgish patch

mollipen

Next time the OP gets updated, the Hakuoki action game that's coming over here needs to be added. That was also announced in the last month!

I love being at the point where we're getting these end-of-life crazy PSP Western releases, but I hate it because it means the PSP is at the end of its life. I loved you so much, PSP, and just wish you could have achieved more during your days. :(

d+pad

Next time the OP gets updated, the Hakuoki action game that's coming over here needs to be added. That was also announced in the last month!

I love being at the point where we're getting these end-of-life crazy PSP Western releases, but I hate it because it means the PSP is at the end of its life. I loved you so much, PSP, and just wish you could have achieved more during your days. :(

A ... Hakuoki action game is being released in the US? Huh. Color me interested, if so :)

cj_iwakura

Shouldn't we make a new thread at this point? 2013's got some life in her. I think Elminage might be 2012, but who knows.

Petrie

Banned
I'm in the mood for a new classic style RPG. Not something where I'll be lost constantly and unsure where to go or what to do, just a fun story with decent characters and fun combat that I can play while doing other things on the go. Haven't kept up n PSP releases for the last year or 2, so what fits my needs?

Not opposed to a SRPG like FFT or TO either. I've been working my way through FFT again lately but I've played it so much my interest is waning.

cj_iwakura

I'm in the mood for a new classic style RPG. Not something where I'll be lost constantly and unsure where to go or what to do, just a fun story with decent characters and fun combat that I can play while doing other things on the go. Haven't kept up n PSP releases for the last year or 2, so what fits my needs?

Half Minute Hero! Breezy, fun, very little BS, extremely easy to know where to go and what to do.

Top Bottom