• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR set to officially launch next week, rumours place the price around $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

$800 sounds about right. I am thinking it will be lower to sell better but

The headset itself $399

The external box for the extra processing power another $299 (yes there is an external box to boost processing power).

The external box doesn't have "extra processing power". It's for input /output and re- projection, that sort of thing.

onQ123

The headset itself $399

The external box for the extra processing power another $299 (yes there is an external box to boost processing power).

If you think that box is worth $299 by it's self I have a HDMI cable that I would like to sell you for $150

The headset itself $399

As others have said, you are way off base with the external box. Sony has been clear about what it does: it takes the VR image that the PS4 sends it, and removes the VR warp so that it will look normal on a TV set (so that the VR is mirrored to the TV so others can see what you see). That and it does some simple audio processing. That's it.

And the $800 has been known to be false for a long time, that's a really old rumor. If the PSVR is $800 US (without being part of a console package), I will eat my Oculus Rift.

The headset itself $399

Might wanna check what you think you know about this console pal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom