• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR set to officially launch next week, rumours place the price around $800

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mail is a pile of horse shit. The only newspapers you can trust in the UK are local ones, they all have their own agenda. Even then through bigger ones have their fingers in some of the smaller pies. But trust me when I say the mail know a great deal of fuck and all about gaming.

The snob in me would suggest that The Guardian and The Telegraph are okay, although I personally get almost all my news from the BBC or Guardian website.

Triggerhappytel 8)

Horohoro

$399. If it's anything else itd be DOA.
while i do think PSVR is gonna be more than people expect. I dont think its gonna be $800 lel

299$ stand alone
399$ + camera + move controllers.
799$ + PS4

And to be honest this makes sense. They have vehemently said they want to be first to market on top of the fact they have neither confirmed nor denied the original Q1 2016 plan.
I wouldn't doubt its orderable/purchaseable at the PSVR event on the 15th.

So, let me play Devil's Advocate for just one moment here. While I don't think the device will retail for $800, what if, just what if if does launch at that price? What will the PS loyal say/think/do? Is that enough to swear the VR hopeful off?

On top of the price issue there's absolutely no fucking way they're going to be dumb enough to pull a Saturn with this thing.

therapist

theres No way its 1125 canadian.
Maybe as a bundle with move / ps4 etc

would be DOA so bad if true , which it just cant be...daily mail and all

299$ stand alone
799$ + PS4

And to be honest this makes sense. They have vehemently said they want to be first to market on top of the fact they have neither confirmed nor denied the original Q1 2016 plan.

I am hoping you have this on the nose. Looks like a perfect pricing structure.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
299$ stand alone
799$ + PS4

This looks good, but I do not believe they will sell it without the camera. It is needed to function, just as the break-out box, and could be a SKU confusion for the casual crowd.

Regardless if people already have cameras or not.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man I really wish I had a way to get an invite to this event. Maybe they're going to go Oprah PSVR. You get a PSVR, and you get a PSVR!

800 is ridiculous. No way will it be that much.

Justified

I feel like "Rumor" should have been the first word in the title, not after a comma saying it set to officially launch......

Oppo

I will say, personally I have spoken with developers who expressed surprise that PSVR wasn't out yet. I think Sony really intended for it to be out by now but something, probably a little more software support, was holding up the show.

LordofPwn

299$ stand alone
799$ + PS4

when did they say they want to be first to market?
Q1 2016 for Sony is April - June 2016

This looks good, but I do not believe they will sell it without the camera. It is needed to function, just as the break-out box, and could be a SKU confusion for the casual crowd.

Regardless if people already have cameras already or not.

I agree that i have a hard time believing they would sell PSVR without a camera included.

They could do it, but they would need to really communicate that to the customers. it may be a thing too where PSVR will only be orderable online (where they can pop-up with disclaimers) until the fall when it may then come to retail stores. (if Gamestop guy is to be believed)

Think about it. PSVR would probably need a demo station in a retail space and that coordination with Gamestop/bestbuys may take awhile or those retailers may want to hold off on in-store sales until the device has proven itself or not.

I've always been of the belief that Sony should do a beta launch of PSVR for those that really want it, and then do a full launch during the fall holiday season. Let your fans build up hype, give the stores a way to demonstrate the device, sell like hotcakes during the holidays.

The Press event can't come soon enough.

Kalor

A $800 bundle could happen but there is no way that they release that at price, especially when they said it would be console priced.

johntown

Banned
$800 sounds about right. I am thinking it will be lower to sell better but

The headset itself $399

The external box for the extra processing power another $299 (yes there is an external box to boost processing power).

Respawn

Banned
Why even post this OP :-/

The headset itself $399

The external box for the extra processing power another $299 (yes there is an external box to boost processing power).

Dude are you serious? Or a hidden hope of this system failing?

The headset itself $399

The box does very little. $299 would be way overcharging. All it does is split off the signal to your TV and process the 3D audio. $50 max.

ironcreed

Banned
No way in hell. I have no interest in it, but I doubt they will price it above $400. Hell, even at that price it will be pushing it as a console add-on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
$800?

DOA.

The thing won't sell, meaning games won't sell, meaning devs will stop producing games for it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
And does PSVR provide BJs as well for free with that price? Preferably, the grapefruit variety.

The Mail is only running this story so that they can blame VR for cancer/the Euro/the death of Princess Diana/asylum seeking benefit cheats/the decline of traditional British values.

$800 for an all-in PS4/move/camera/PSVR bundle would be a good price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom