• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR set to officially launch next week, rumours place the price around $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofield

$800 is a damn hard price to swallow, even for CDN. But with the exchange it's nearly $1,200?

🙅🙅🙅
ntyvm

Lol no way it's $800.

I'm starting to think that you get off from the collective "whyyyyyyyyyyyyy" posts regarding your postscript.

PS3UD0 WE KNOW IT'S YOU, YOUR NAME IS RIGHT THERE :p
Lmfao I say the same thing at times but I just say oh well. I'll let him be.

Hoje0308

Banned
Am I the only one who would not be shocked if PSVR does end up costing more than Occulus? I mean, after all Sony has to provide you with extra processing power to get their headset to work, whereas Occulus wants you to be responsible for having a PC powerful enough to run VR. I could see, all things being equal, the extra processing power that Sony is shipping along with their headset making it a couple hundred dollars more than Occulus, which is still nothing compared to what the average person would have to pay to upgrade their PC to run VR.

Yes, you would be. The breakout box is not going to add another couple hundred dollars to the price tag, because it does not do what you think it does.

Rival

Gold Member
$800 would be crazy. It would instantly be dead. Im starting to really wonder about the potential for success of these things.

Come on with these thread titles. This is just like "No Man's Sky launches 3/3!"

Anyway...I'm excited for the details but holy shit @ $800. I'll believe that when it comes from the horse's mouth.

Ah the Daily Mail, you can probably disregard anything that comes from that disgusting rag. Next week they will probably be blaming VR for creating terrorists.

TalonJH

I have a hard time believing they will do a "Now available in stores". Also, they just took that price from that last rumor of the price on Amazon Canada.

Hoje0308

Banned
What does it do, and what does it cost to manufacture?

It takes the VR image and displays it on your television. It may also be responsible for frame interpolation. No idea about cost, but there's no way in hell PSVR releasing at a price higher than Oculus. Give it a week and we'll find out more.

This entire article reads like someone at daily mail figured out weeks later that there is an event next week and inferred from that this is the big kickoff for PSVR, then google price rumors.

Alebrije

The 800$ is a rumor started by Sony to make whatever price they choose look better.

conspiracy.jpg

Steejee

Take anything the Daily Fail says is true and presume the opposite is the reality.

If they told me what my name was I'd have to go double check my license and birth certificate.

Alucrid

Banned
Maybe Sony actually has control of the global markets and plans to crash Canada's economy even more so that the 1125 cad is equal to 400 usd

It's either going to be ~$300 and I might actually try it, or this rumo(u)r is correct and I'll have to get all my enjoyment from rereading this thread instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom