• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG: BattlEye banning 6k-13k cheaters a day.

I don't think we need someone to explain that 10 is less than 6,000-13,000. Wasn't really a reason to go there.
Yeah, I think a more interesting way to look at it is that there are more people being banned within a day than the peak daily count of 25 to 65 of games in the Steam top 100 populated list.

Poppy

With so many players per game and early game luck being a huge factor in the outcome I don't really see the point in doing any sort of skill matching. Better just to get players in a new game as quickly as possible.
you choose where to drop, you see where others near you drop. yeah theres loot rng but if you dont have a backup plan to go somewhere else for loot then that’s on you

i have played many games of pubg and i wager theres been barely any games where i was screwed and it wasnt my fault

psn

It’s not misandry. It’s the truth; just play any online game where people cheat. I can’t remember the amount of times some male kid was laughing on the mic while cheating in games like Halo 2.

Because the vast majority of players in those games are male.

Pooya

the game indeed has shit load of cheaters, main reason I don't play as much. It ruins the game so much, even often if you die legit you just blame cheaters on the back of your mind unless it was some obvious 1v1 encounter.

Best way to play the game is just to land on school or base, frag a bit and see what happens there. Other places is just waste of time more often than not.

JDB

Banned
With so many players per game and early game luck being a huge factor in the outcome I don't really see the point in doing any sort of skill matching. Better just to get players in a new game as quickly as possible.
The skill matching works perfectly fine right now while also putting you in matches basically instantly.

Will never understand why people cheat in video games...

It isn't nearly as satisfying as winning with your own skill, makes me sad so many people resort to this kind of stuff.

In general, you're exactly right. But in PUBG, winning = more in-game currency, more in-game currency = more loot boxes, and more loot boxes = better chances at making real money on the marketplace.

(Some of the items are going for $250+ on the marketplace right now).

frontovik

Banned
That is always a concern when playing MP games as a PC gamer. It just really kills the appeal and longevity of the game.

In general, you're exactly right. But in PUBG, winning = more in-game currency, more in-game currency = more loot boxes, and more loot boxes = better chances at making real money on the marketplace.

(Some of the items are going for $250+ on the marketplace right now).

Very good point. I was watching a few streams where there were some cheaters playing and couldn't believe it. I'm glad to see they're actively doing things about it!

Tagyhag

Exactly why I play games on console!

I still think this is just a false sense of security.

Different pings, mice being simulated as controllers, and actual cheaters happen on consoles as well.

Not to the extent of PC gaming of course, but thinking you're 100% safe is just lying to yourself.

But the chance to actually meet those 2 cheaters would be low. I don't know what exactly they cheat, but if it isn't invulnerability, there is a good chance they will be dead before you meet them.
If they can't be killed, you will only always meet them when you are constantly in the top 5.

Many of the PUBG cheats are just 'see where everyone is'.

In which case, it's very easy for them to do very well. While there's a good chance that people die early on wouldn't meet them, I imagine it's common for people who consistently make top 20 to meet them pretty often.

I don't play PUBG much, I play Fortnite Battle Royale a lot more, and I can get top 10 almost every game. If I had a wallhack, I'd be first every game (till Epic banned me). Knowing where everyone is is a huge advantage in this type of game.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Basically why there is no point in playing online - competitive multiplayer on PC.

It's just infuriating.

Top Bottom