• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pulp Fiction appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Damn. I'm watching Pulp Fiction and it still just blows my mind how awesome this movie is. Arguably the best part (sans-Sam Jackson) is when Butch saves Marcellus from Zed.

- You alright?
- Naw, man. I'm pretty fuckin' far from alright.
- What now?
- What now? Let me tel you what now. I'm gonna call up a couple of hard, pipe-hittin niggas to go to work on the holmes here with a pair of pliers and a blow-torch. You hear me talkin' hillbilly boy? I aint through with you by a damn sight... I'm gonna get mideival on your ass!

The other thing this movie does is really just make me nearly throbbing to see Sin City on Friday. It'll be awesome to see another movie that's just chock full of awesomeness as Sin City appears to be.

ManaByte

For a second I thought the thread title said Pulp Friction.

Jules: What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules: What country you from?
Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm saying!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like!
Brett: What, I-?
Jules: [pointing his gun] Say "what" again. SAY "WHAT" AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker. Say "what" one more goddamn time.
Brett: He's b-b-black...
Jules: Go on.
Brett: He's bald...
Jules: Does he look like a bitch?
[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]
Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
Brett: No!
Jules: Then why you try to fuck him like a bitch, Brett?
Brett: I didn't.
Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to fuck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be fucked by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Best characters ever! seems like each one could have starred in their own movie! I am sad that QT never did the Vega brothers that he talked about a bit...

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
You know what they call a 1/4 pounder in Paris?

A fucken Royale with Cheese.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Best movie ever!!!

My favorite scene is when Vincent has to give Uma that shot to get her heart beating again.

"I have to stab her three times?" :lol

J2 Cool

Man, someone needs to hurt me bad. I seen Pulp Fiction, special edition, for $10 dollars! I swear. $10, at Target, and I had not even $5 in my wallet. Never scrapped up the cash to get it all week and the deal's over. *cries*

Boogie9IGN

Marsellus: If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a nigga waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass.

Butch: I think I have a broken rib.
Fabienne: From giving me oral pleasure?

Esmeralda: What is your name?
Butch: Butch.
Esmeralda: What does it mean?
Butch: I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean shit.

This is one of the few movies that actually made me crack up for a good 5 minutes. Rarely does a movie get more than a chuckle, but goddamn this was perfect. Marvin getting blown away was the funniest shit ever

Blackace

QT: Did you see a sign on my garage that said "dead nigga storage"?

Jules: You know I didn't see no shit like that

QT: THAT's because storing dead niggas isn't my business JULES!

Ash Housewares

The Mountain Jew
J2 Cool said:
Man, someone needs to hurt me bad. I seen Pulp Fiction, special edition, for $10 dollars! I swear. $10, at Target, and I had not even $5 in my wallet. Never scrapped up the cash to get it all week and the deal's over. *cries*

Best Buy had a 2 for $20 deal too and I nabbed it, but don't fret too much it seems to be $13 and under all the time so you can probably still find it at a decent price

Yes, now that I have finanly seen this movie I can say it's one of the best movies ever, just made a blind purchas last week in face on the CE version of it, dont regret it either. So amny damn good lines...

~Black Deatha

One of my favorite movies of all time, if not my favorite.

My favorite line is after Butch comes back to the motel for Fabienne on Zed's chopper, and she asks what happened to her Honda.

"Sorry, baby, I had to crash that Honda."

I can't explain it, but I love it. Too many quotables, from Walken to the Wolf, its nearly perfect.

flsh

Banned
A VERY overrated movie IMO. It's a fun to watch movie but not as good as people make it out to be. Hell, except for that Marsellus and Butch scene where Marsellus is raped, I didn't laugh. Good thing I bought it for my brother for just 5 euros and not 10 or more, because it's the type of movie you rent, not buy.
I liked Kill Bill vol. 1 much more :)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Blackace said:
QT: Did you see a sign on my garage that said "dead nigga storage"?

Jules: You know I didn't see no shit like that

QT: THAT's because storing dead niggas isn't my business JULES!

:lol :lol :lol

QT is freaking awesome in that movie.

evil ways

Awesome movie, I love when Christopher Walken tells young Butch the story of his father's watch during the war. I remember the first time I saw it on video, I was about 14 and could no process any of the shit going on during the Gimp scene. I was like "no fucking way this could happen".

Zaptruder

Banned
Respect!

One of the best movies from the 90s.

The best thing is that it gets better and better because I first saw it as a young lad :p

mrmyth

Jules :Whoa... whoa... stop right there. Eatin' a bitch out, and givin' a bitch a foot massage ain't even the same fuckin' thing.
Vincent: Not the same thing, the same ballpark.
Jules: It ain't no fuckin' ballpark either. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her holyiest of holies, ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Foot massages don't mean shit.
Vincent: Have you ever given a foot massage?
Jules: Don't be tellin' me about foot massages - I'm the foot fuckin' master.
Vincent: Given a lot of 'em?
Jules: Shit yeah. I got my technique down and everything, I don't be tickling or nothin'.
Vincent: Would you give a guy a foot massage?
Jules: Fuck you.
Vincent: You give them a lot?
Jules: Fuck you.
Vincent: You know, I'm getting kinda tired, I could use a foot massage.
Jules: Man, you best back off, I'm gittin' pissed.

Jules: Fuck, nigger, what did you do to his towel?
Vincent: I was dryin' my hands.
Jules: You're supposed to wash 'em first.
Vincent: You watched me wash 'em.
Jules: I watched you get 'em wet.
Vincent: I was washing 'em. But this shit's hard to get off. Maybe if I had Lava or something, I coulda done a better job.
Jules: I used the same fuckin' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no god-damn Maxi-Pad!

Vincent :I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse I'll take. And right now I'm a race car and you got me in the red. I'm just saying that it's fuckin' dangerous to have a racecar in the fuckin' red. It could blow.
Jules: Oh, you're gettin' ready to blow?
Vincent : I could blow.
Jules: Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T", I'm the "GUNS OF THE NAVARONE". In fact, what the fuck am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfucker should be on brain detail. We're fuckin' switchin' right now. I'm washin' the windows and you're pickin' up this nigger's skull.

Guzim

The Wolf: That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

Nine minutes and fifty-eight seconds later.

Blackace

flsh said:
A VERY overrated movie IMO. It's a fun to watch movie but not as good as people make it out to be. Hell, except for that Marsellus and Butch scene where Marsellus is raped, I didn't laugh. Good thing I bought it for my brother for just 5 euros and not 10 or more, because it's the type of movie you rent, not buy.
I liked Kill Bill vol. 1 much more :)

I know it is your opinion and everything... but it is too bad that your opinion is wrong...

I am a huge QT fan and walked out of Kill Bill vol.1 pissed off...

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
printed.jpg

GLoK

mrmyth said:
Jules: Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T", I'm the "GUNS OF THE NAVARONE". In fact, what the fuck am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfucker should be on brain detail. We're fuckin' switchin' right now. I'm washin' the windows and you're pickin' up this nigger's skull.

:lol

This is probably one of the best lines in all of movie history. I've seen the movie more times than I can count, and this one still leaves me gasping for air.

mrmyth

Blackace said:
I know it is your opinion and everything... but it is too bad that your opinion is wrong...

Not to derail, but why didn't you like Vol. 1?

darscot

Pulp Fiction is my all time fav. Coming out of that theater for the first time was a mind blowing WTF. Me and my buddies ended up at the 4am Diner loaded and its all we could talk about.

This movie shouldn't even need an appreciation thread. It's just too awesome. I actually only saw it maybe a little over a year or so ago. I was exposed to the Samuel L. Jackson soundboard first. I think that made the movie even greater the first time I saw it. The scene where Jules and Vincent kill those guys is possibly the single greatest scene in cinema. The soundtrack is probably the best of any movie as well. I love the scenes from the movie put in the soundtrack.

Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

flsh

Banned
Blackace said:

Well apparently you don't understand the meaning of opinion, I can't be wrong :p
What didn't you like about Kill Bill vol. 1? I found it very enjoyable (not that Pulp fictions isn't, just not as Kill Bill, for me at least)

I still cannot decide if I like or really hate the line "They look like a couple of dorks!" the line that follows it is great though, "Well they're your clothes!"

darscot

Prince of Space said:
One drink, and that's it. Don't be rude -- drink your drink. But do it quickly.

I love that scene. It's simple brilliant I've had that same conversation in a mirror before.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Just thought I'd brag a lil bit while I'm puttsin' around in here. Someone busted out their Tshirt, so I had to show off my awesome ass poster I've got on the wall in here. The thing is like 5 feet long and 3 feet high.

Picture120.jpg

Picture119.jpg

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Great movie, but if I remember correctly Thurman and Travolta go to eat after doing coke. I've never seen anyone who wanted to eat after doign lines.

All Hail C-Webb said:
Great movie, but if I remember correctly Thurman and Travolta go to eat after doing coke. I've never seen anyone who wanted to eat after doign lines.
Actually, it's after they eat. And Mia thinks that the heroin she finds in Vincent's coat pocket is actually coke. It's not.

andthebeatgoeson

I love Pulp Fiction and most of Samuel L.'s quotes are my favorites but this thread isn't complete w/o:

This watch was on you daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they'd confiscate it--take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slope's gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So, he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch . . . up his ass. Then, he died of dysentery, he give me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I was never really prepared for how good this movie was. Didn't read any reviews or anything, just walked into a theater and saw it. From the blaring opening credits I knew something very different was about to happen.

One of the most entertaining movies made. For my personal history, there was the movies I saw before Pulp Fiction and all the movies afterwards. It really did mark a generational shift in movie making.

Jdw40223

WHATS IN THE BRIEFCASE!?!?!? his soul??... its soooo not-known!

i heard it was his soul.. hence the band aid on his neck.

Teddman

Jdw40223 said:
WHATS IN THE BRIEFCASE!?!?!? his soul??... its soooo not-known!

i heard it was his soul.. hence the band aid on his neck.
It's an academy award. The in-joke was going to pay off when Tarantino accepted his Oscar statuette, gave his thank you speech, and placed it into a briefcase.

Unfortunately, he never got that chance...

Jdw40223

Remember the first time you were introduced to Marsellus Wallace. The first shot of him was of the back of his head, complete with band-aid. Then, remember the combination of the lock on the briefcase was 666. Then, remember that whenever anyone opened the briefcase, it glowed, and they were in amazement at how beautiful it was; they were speechless. Now, bring in some Bible knowledge, and remember that when the devil takes your soul, he takes it from the back of your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom