• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pulse Elites come out in a week, where are the reviews?

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Seriously ...there's no excuse for this kind of bullshit to be happening. How long did it take Sony to even allow people to add an SSD to the PS5? Or VRR? The PS Portal situation is pathetic!

Imagine if MS bows out of consoles how badly Sony is going to behave ..

They are setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit selling defective product.

Is it hardware? Send a new dongle

Is it software? Update the damn software

Nearly 6 months and no fix and not a word from Sony. This is really shoddy stuff for a premium product to not reliably work

King Dazzar

I read somewhere else that using an extension helped another guy who was getting DCs so seems something is interfering coming from the PS5 itself?

Really odd, makes me want to try another set with an extension just to see now :)
I think at least part of it's USB port bandwidth related and what the PS Link dongle wants. It makes sense as the dongle is providing truly lossless connection, where as the likes of the Pulse 3D dongles are not. And using the rear ports was an issue even for the Pulse 3d, due to location around the back. Either way front USB C works brilliantly so far. I get extended range and perfect audio.

I highly recommend you use the front C port and ensure any extension/conversion cables are proper 10Gbps capable (many are only 5Gbps)

King Dazzar

They are setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit selling defective product.

Is it hardware? Send a new dongle

Is it software? Update the damn software

Nearly 6 months and no fix and not a word from Sony. This is really shoddy stuff for a premium product to not reliably work
I'm convinced its dongle related and it's requirement for high USB port bandwidth. In which case Sony need to clarifying what ports to use. The problem they have is that the two rear USB A 10Gbps ports are just that, around the rear, which is always going to cause problems. And the front one is not full bandwidth i.e only 5Gbps. So it forces you to use the USB C, which in turn makes users have to get a high quality 10Gbps converter.

A solution could be including an officially approved 10Gbps USB A to C converter. Either way, Sony need to sort it out. They're going to be getting a lot of returns in the mean time.

King Dazzar

Just a quick update. Since moving to USB-C and the 10Gbps short cable converter. I'm happy to report I have had zero issues. Audio has been flawless. I've tested it every night this week. If that changes I'll update.

Eiknarf

Just a quick update. Since moving to USB-C and the 10Gbps short cable converter. I'm happy to report I have had zero issues. Audio has been flawless. I've tested it every night this week. If that changes I'll update.
Interesting

My Pulse Elite dongle has been in the back since day-one and it’s been perfect. I need the front open to charge my controller. There’s no way I’m pulling the dongle in and out all the time. Fuck that.

I just purchase a new dingle as suggested. If it’s a solution that will be great. Regardsless. There is no excuse for the months of silence, Sony hasn’t even acknowledged the problem. That is deliberate.

King Dazzar

I get terrible crackling noises in media apps like YouTube and Amazon prime, but not in games.

What is causing this? Infuriating
Not sure, I never had disconnections, but I did have audio glitches until I tried my new connection and USB port change. The surround field has improved and my range too. And most importantly all glitches gone. But hey, I'm by no means saying my solution is a fix all, silver bullet.

King Dazzar

Interesting

My Pulse Elite dongle has been in the back since day-one and it’s been perfect. I need the front open to charge my controller. There’s no way I’m pulling the dongle in and out all the time. Fuck that.
The back ports are also 10Gbps, so should be good in theory, depending on how your set up is. In my case anything wireless into the rear ports suffered from interference, including the pulse 3D, simply due to it being around the back and my PS5 being near other electrical equipment. As long as you're good, you're good.👍

Luipadre

So how are these headphones? I wanted to buy the maxwell but i cant buy that shit in my country sigh. How loud it can get? Wonder how these planar drivers sounds

Zathalus

Another recommendation to stay far away from these. I'm getting the random disconnecting thing as well, even using an extender doesn't fix it for me.

Between these and the terrible regular Pulse headset Sony has convinced me to never buy another PlayStation branded headset. It's funny that they own Audeze which are fantastic, guess I'll just buy another Maxwell for my PS5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom