• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppies am cry: Cammie Dunaway leaves Nintendo and video game industry

raviolico said:

not-my-problemmiyamoto2copy.jpg

More smiles on more faces (mine isn't one of them though, Kerin Palin, Denise Keghler and now Cammie, who will be the next face of Nintendo to vanish? Reggie?)

But for me my Cammie moment was the E3 2009 of her dying to the first Goomba in New Super Mario bros Wii :lol

I kinda feel bad for her, being a PR person and all that, she was often ridiculed and stuff. Though she did usually bring about some interesting quotes...

Either way, good luck to her.

Boney

Banned
GDGF said:
Also, their next big thing is the 3DS, and she was brought in (seemingly) to sell more systems to casuals. They probably want a new VP for their new 'hardcore' push.

(which also explains her diminished role at E3 this year)
that's not how it works though.

WillyFive

CrushDance said:
Guess Nintendo has done away with her. Interesting how Nintendo seems to losing all their western corporate faces. Reggie is still awesome but he's in the shadows now.

Well, Nintendo of America has been doing a very bad job compared to other markets, in my opinion.

EXGN

I didn't mind her, but it always gets me aggravated when anyone so high up in their company has no interest in their industry whatsoever.

Darklord

Banned
Who ever bought her probably paid a ton to get her. I think anyone would want Nintendo's Sales & Marketing team from the last 3 years.

Rich!

sykoex said:
Wow she's losing her job just before the holidays? That must be horrible.

I'm sure she has more than enough money to cope, and then her new job as a Target checkout assistant should keep her going.

Rich!

Holy Order Sol said:
I thought she had fell off the radar after her Robo-Cammie thing in 2009.

To be honest, I totally forgot about her until now. No offence to her, but one of the reasons why Nintendo's E3 2010 conference was so great was because she wasn't in it.

Poyunch

Nuclear Muffin said:
The real question now is, who is to replace her?

Phil Harrison just recently resigned from Atari back in April...
Matt Casamassina. I miss secret dark Wii games. :(

Does this increase or decrease my chances of tapping that? That's all I really want to know. Hey, maybe she'll go cougartown, usa now that she needs to let off a little steam.

Daycru's got the right idea Well, except I'm
not
joking.

Sadist

Nuclear Muffin said:
The real question now is, who is to replace her?

Phil Harrison just recently resigned from Atari back in April...
He's no Peter Moore.

But a really interesting idea nonetheless...

Rich!

Acosta said:
Hopefully, the next PR puppet will have to pass a basic test of Mario play skills.

I personally think they should have an extensive test of Metroid skills. But that's just me.

stupei

Starwolf_UK said:
More smiles on more faces (mine isn't one of them though, Kerin Palin, Denise Keghler and now Cammie, who will be the next face of Nintendo to vanish? Reggie?)

But for me my Cammie moment was the E3 2009 of her dying to the first Goomba in New Super Mario bros Wii :lol

So did Brad Shoemaker, but with him people find it endearing instead of demeaning.

Mostly.

ReiGun

Never got why people hated her so much. She wasn't a great presenter, but she seemed like a nice enough woman. Wish her well in all her future endeavors and all that.

Top Bottom