• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putin Rival Ties Kushner Meeting to Kremlin Bankers

NBC news

A prominent exiled Russian oligarch said in an exclusive interview with NBC News that he is nearly certain Russian President Vladimir Putin tried to collaborate with the Trump campaign, and that he believes a top Russian banker was not "acting on his own behalf" when he held a controversial meeting with Jared Kushner last December.

The pointed remarks come from a longtime Putin rival, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, an oil executive who was Russia's richest man before he was imprisoned and exiled by the Kremlin.

"I am almost convinced that Putin's people have tried to influence the U.S. election in some way," Khodorkovsky told MSNBC’s Ari Melber in his first U.S. television interview since Trump took office.

Khodorkovsky says he believes the likelihood that Putin "personally" tried to cooperate with the Trump campaign to affect the election is a "9 out of 10."

"Whether or not that proposal was accepted, I would let the people responsible for investigating the matter answer that question," he added.

Khodorkovsky was freed and exiled from Russia in 2013, after spending 10 years in prison for tax evasion. Several international human rights groups have said the prosecution was political retribution for his public criticism of Putin.

Lots more at the link

Con_Smith

Banned
I mean we can't trust him. Trump and Putin said there was no collusion.

Who we gonna trust, a Putin rival who isn't American, or a pussy grabber?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This is the guy Putin literally stole Gazprom from and paraded in a perspex cage during his kangaroo trial as if he were Hannibal Lecter.

Top Bottom