• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putting rice in a burrito is like putting pineapple on pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
We seem to have an equal amount of posts defending rice as we do pineapple

this proves that my assertion is correct

JABEE

You know how when you have an office pizza party, and there's that one dude who always insists on getting pineapple, so at the end of the party you have 6 slices of pineapple leftover and no sausage or pepperoni? These are those guys.

Always.

Bread is a Patriots fan. Do you guys see what type of people these Patriots fan are? DESPICABLE!

If you like rice in your burritos be sure to root for the Seahawks this Sunday!

Dyno

My favorite burritos usually only have beans, meat, onions and cilantro. The meat needs to be the star of the show. Many places jam burritos full of filler ingredients so they can put as little meat in the burrito as possible.

I agree and I also agree with the OP.

Lots of you have been fooled into thinking 'kitchen sink' burritos are authentic but they're not. It's just filler put in shitty North American fast food. I love burritos and barely ever eat them because the streets are filled crappy burritos.

Ferrio

Banned
How do you savages feel about a pineapple and ham burrito?

2E0KNzQ.jpg

I'll pass on that.

This thread has convinced me to absolutely never attend any sort of GAF pizza party. Nothing but pineapple as far as the damn eye can see.

How long has Hawaiian pizza been around? I'm guessing 30-40 years. People just need to accept it.

I still won't eat the shit tho

Bit-Bit

I'm with you OP. I hate rice in my burritos. Especially since at chipotle they pad up like 90% of your meal with rice. I always say no rice and add extra meat.

There's a good reason for that.

The reason usually is that Americans have grown accustomed to having their entire meal stuffed into a comically large tortilla. Rice and beans are a side dish, the real star of the show is the chile con carne. Plenty of sit down family style Mexican restaurants will sell you a burrito that is stuffed with meat, cilantro and onions. If you want dinner you order the combination plate, rice and beans on the side, sour cream/salsa/queso fresco on top. Stuffing all of that into the tortilla is done as a convenience to make that meal portable but they are by no means the defining characteristic of the dish.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I agree with OP, I never get rice in my Chipotle burritos. It's like a bread sandwich. Carbs inside of carbs ? C'mon son.

v1lla21

Hey OP, u dun fucked up now. A burrito without rice isn't a burrito to begin with. Rice is essential to burritos, but there is such a thing as overloading the burrito with rice. Rice, beans, and your choice of meat is essential to a basic burrito. You're not even basic. Gtfo.

Pineapple is awesome on pizza. It helps balance the flavor and when you bite it down or releases a sweet, warm juice into your mouth. Gtfo.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I don't consider anyone who dislikes pineapple on pizza, and now anyone who thinks rice is not good in burritos, a friend of mine.

Evolution has failed.

The Beard

You know how when you have an office pizza party, and there's that one dude who always insists on getting pineapple, so at the end of the party you have 6 slices of pineapple leftover and no sausage or pepperoni? These are those guys.

This is so right. It's happened to me a dozen times. I'll show up a little late to a family gathering. My uncle is the only person that likes ham and pineapple. They ordered pizza. 1 combo, 1 Peperoni, 1 ham and pineapple. There's nothing left besides the goddamn ham and pineapple, and there's only like 2 out of the 10 slices missing.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Rice burrito is awesome.

Pineapple on pizza is awesome.

Hot french fries dipped in cold vanilla shake is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom