• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo |OT| The True Puzzle Fighter

-Mikey-

I went ahead and imported this for Switch a few weeks ago. It's one of the few games I'm able to play with my partner. We've had a few sessions with it and we're both fans of the subtle HD rumble. Can't imagine my favorite Fish Man with English VO or her favorite BiBi gumdrop monster thing in English....I just couldn't hold out till April/May.

deoee

I went ahead and imported this for Switch a few weeks ago. It's one of the few games I'm able to play with my partner. We've had a few sessions with it and we're both fans of the subtle HD rumble. Can't imagine my favorite Fish Man with English VO or her favorite BiBi gumdrop monster thing in English....I just couldn't hold out till April/May.

Is it hard to play without knowing wtf is going on in the menus? :)

japtor

Just noticed in the demo there's local multi at least, up to the full 4 players even. It resets to the Sega/Tetris splash and title screens after matches (first to two wins) but it's a nice bonus when I just expected single player and vs computer.

StayDead

I've been playing this a bunch again and trying to read some guides to get better at Puyo Puyo. This is so much harder than I can ever imagine. I understand the theory, but the second I get in game I can't put it into practice.

Online I've played about 50/50 Puyo and Tetris. I thought my Tetris was alright, but looking at replays of the top players and damn, I've got a long way to go.

Dinjoralo

Pretty much yeah.

Glad I stuck with the demo and didn't go whole hog in buying the JP version. Though that was partly because I didn't want to pay ~50% more for it.

Anyone know if Puyo Puyo Tetris runs at 1080p on the switch?

It totally does. I've got a big 1080p TV I can press my face against and I say it's definitely 1080p. I think it actually downsamples that for handheld mode, so the blocks don't perfectly line up with the pixel grid.

In other news, I went ahead and downloaded that english fan-translation of Puyo Tsuu on the SNES. Getting creamed as early as level three... but I'll keep practicing!

Top Bottom