• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl and I have been playing this for a couple of weeks now. I am still figuring out different things about the game and my team is still pretty terrible. Here are our numbers if you want to add us:

Mine: 391,534,289
Hers: 303,337,293

xCobalt

Can't you setup a dual team with some monsters in reserve that you can swap with in case the ONE bad combo shows up as your opponent?

As you progress, you'll start getting more monsters and you'll eventually build multiple teams around them. At least that's what I did.

MxDh7.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
As you progress, you'll start getting more monsters and you'll eventually build multiple teams around them. At least that's what I did.

Yeah exactly, that'swhat I figured. Have multiple teams to combat the situations. Still far from that, still battling team cost :p

Good early game monster, average late game monster. He has a spot on one of my current teams.

Also to whoever was saying I had type tiers in the original OP... uh, i didn't? However, it IS true that the fire starter has higher ATK, and the water starter higher RCV, and this bias also carries over to other cycles of monsters.

totowhoa

Banned
Also to whoever was saying I had type tiers in the original OP... uh, i didn't? However, it IS true that the fire starter has higher ATK, and the water starter higher RCV, and this bias also carries over to other cycles of monsters.

My bad, I thought you had just mentioned that wood-type was not a good/popular end-game team but maybe I read that in one of the links (or just imagined it) . I didn't realize (as I do now after seeing some of you who've been playing longer) that people tend to have a number of teams anyway later on.

froliq

Sharing my ID: 397,138,292. Already saw Forz when doing a dungeon.

Just rank 18 for now with stage 3 fire starter in lead.

Ugh, I just cant figure out the dynamics of this game.. team building, what monsters to feed, what to keep, what to sell.. how to do combos. Blah. I need a guide for dummies, most of these guides go over my head for whatever reason.

So, right now my leader is a lvl30 Freyja, I am rank: 17 and I need a better team.. here are my decent options (I think)

lvl14 Mystic Flame Knight
lvl15 Tyran
lvl11 Toytops
lvl11 Emerald Carbuncle

otherwise I have a ton of evo material and metal dragons. Oh, and a lvl5 Lil' Black Dragon..is that any good?

But yeah, what do I do?

Smiley90

Woheee! Got Alraune (5* green healer) in my 5th or so re-roll on my android device. Sweeeeeet.

ID on my Android is: 393536299 if anyone wants :) For anyone who hasn't added my iphone yet, Hades (dark): 387537295

Kouriozan

Woheee! Got Alraune (5* green healer) in my 5th or so re-roll on my android device. Sweeeeeet.

ID on my Android is: 393536299 if anyone wants :) For anyone who hasn't added my iphone yet, Hades (dark): 387537295

Yup Alraune is really good, with my Odin I'm almost invincible(for now).
Gonna add you.

xCobalt

Ugh, I just cant figure out the dynamics of this game.. team building, what monsters to feed, what to keep, what to sell.. how to do combos. Blah. I need a guide for dummies, most of these guides go over my head for whatever reason.

So, right now my leader is a lvl30 Freyja, I am rank: 17 and I need a better team.. here are my decent options (I think)

lvl14 Mystic Flame Knight
lvl15 Tyran
lvl11 Toytops
lvl11 Emerald Carbuncle

otherwise I have a ton of evo material and metal dragons. Oh, and a lvl5 Lil' Black Dragon..is that any good?

But yeah, what do I do?

Your team was much better than mine when I started. In regards to feeding, try to feed them the same element for a 50% bonus. For example, your lil black dragon will receive more exp from the metal dragons than any other monster. Also, it can be a pretty good monster once fully evolved. In the picture I posted earlier, its actually my highest attacker. You should also start gathering the materials to evolve your tyran.

If you don't have use for an Evo material, its best to sell them than to fuse because they generally don't give a lot of exp.

Combos will come naturally as you're more familiar with the game. Once you made your first match, continue moving the orb to find matches until you run out of time.

Li'l Dragons are really good when they fully evolve; their leader skill grants a valuable 50% resist against their element and the active skill is a nuke for their element.

Flunkie

Banned
I set up a primitive form and corresponding spreadsheet for entering in your GAF name, Friend ID, P&D Name, and Leaders that you use so we have a better database than posting all of our codes. If you want to use it in the OP, Cosmo, go for it.

Quote to see:

Smiley90

I never get EXP bonuses for feeding the same type :( Only happened once... I usually just get a "good!" message and that's it. Does it have to be the same TYPE (attacker, healer, etc) or just the same element? I can feed my water monster 5 water monsters and I get no bonus :(

Kouriozan

I set up a primitive form and corresponding spreadsheet for entering in your GAF name, Friend ID, and P&D Name so we have a better database than posting all of our codes. If you want to use it in the OP, Cosmo, go for it.

OK I registered, hopefully I didn't delete a GAFfer without knowing but if I have, just re-send me an invite.

Li Kao

I never get EXP bonuses for feeding the same type :( Only happened once... I usually just get a "good!" message and that's it. Does it have to be the same TYPE (attacker, healer, etc) or just the same element? I can feed my water monster 5 water monsters and I get no bonus :(

As far as I know you are mixing two different things. The same color bonus is passive, you have 2x exp when fusing monsters of the same color.
The good/great/etc is another xp bonus happening at random.
At least that's what I understood.

Smiley90

As far as I know you are mixing two different things. The same color bonus is passive, you have 2x exp when fusing monsters of the same color.
The good/great/etc is another xp bonus happening at random.
At least that's what I understood.

ooooh. So I get the bonus exp without even noticing it, and the one time I get EXTRA lucky and got another 1.5x bonus on top?

EDIT: Ha, just got it again. Had a blinking "Triumph! EXP x 1.5" when fusing. That's not the normal "same element" bonus. then? just an extra bonus?

Smiley90

PAL eggs are useless. They should throw some rares in there instead of all crap! (sorry, vent)

I've gotten metal dragons out of it, enhance material isn't that bad... Also the current "promo" (I guess?) is that it says "Evo material may appear more at Pal Egg Machine".

I set up a primitive form and corresponding spreadsheet for entering in your GAF name, Friend ID, and P&D Name so we have a better database than posting all of our codes. If you want to use it in the OP, Cosmo, go for it.

Quote to see:
You should also include main Leaders as a field.

Here is my ID 399,633,290, and my name is ZipGAF

Add me, I have a lv 30 Marine Rider, but I got sick of reloading the tutorial to try for a God monster. took me two days of reloading to get a 5* anything.

I like him because it is dominant Green, with a sub element of blue, with a good skill that augments that.

CTLance

I've used the form.

Currently grinding the everloving shit out of the half off water area. So... much... junk... :(

Smiley90

kAFbL.png

My first one! FUCK YEA.

Thought it was junk (not THAT far ahead in evolving yet), but team cost 1 is AMAZING for its stats. Allowed me to put some other stronger monster in instead of 2 meh-ones. Only ran the dungeon once though, don't need the drops yet :p

Ashodin

Thought it was junk (not THAT far ahead in evolving yet), but team cost 1 is AMAZING for its stats. Allowed me to put some other stronger monster in instead of 2 meh-ones. Only ran the dungeon once though, don't need the drops yet :p

I'm saving it up son!

Flunkie

Banned
Should I make a new entry now or is it possible to edit?

For those who signed up before the leader addition, just go to the spreadsheet and it should be possible to edit your entry (FOR NOW, hurry up and edit.. I'm going to close it in 15 minutes again.) Or just tell me what you want and I can add it.

Kouriozan

For those who signed up before the leader addition, just go to the spreadsheet and it should be possible to edit your entry (FOR NOW, hurry up and edit.. I'm going to close it in 15 minutes again.) Or just tell me what you want and I can add it.
Right now I'm on my iPad so can you edit mine for me?
My leader is Green Odin.

what spreadsheet? :<

Owzers

Dragon Fruit is definitely hanging out in my hobo party. My main dragon is actually gone for now...in favor of Dino Rider at the lead and when i get another beast rider helper it's fun times.

Smiley90

Just left the house too, main leader for Smiley@GAF is Hades (Dark), leader for Smiley2GAF is Alraune (Green), thanks!

Atm alternating Hades and Mandrake for leader though, depending on the dungeon :p

womp

Playing this on my Nexus 7. Finished the tutorial and got this bad ass looking momma jamma. Addicting game even if I am still trying to figure out WTF I am doing. :)

DX715.jpg

Ashodin

Playing this on my Nexus 7. Finished the tutorial and got this bad ass looking momma jamma. Addicting game even if I am still trying to figure out WTF I am doing. :)

DX715.jpg

How do you take pictures!? Never mind I found it. I never knew that about my Nexus!

It's SO GOOD to play this on the tablet.

CTLance

Months after even the most stalwart defender of all things backwards on the web, Nintendo, has disposed of Friendcodes, here I am, happily typing numbers into a friendlist. There's a certain irony in this...

Anyway, I got a Fire Pengdra in the Pal draw. Wheee. It has better stats than my Goblin, so now it gets to beat up baddies and feast on slimes. And the aforementioned Goblin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom