• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
You can just select them anyways even though they're darkened on the evolution screen. It'll say what evo materials you don't have.

Ahh! thanks so much -- that makes it much easier to figure out my teams evolutions and how to spend money.

anyone have an idea on what material is needed to evolve a Toytops?

Dragon Flower, Dragon Plant, Dragon Seed, Emelit. If you think you can survive the Thursday Dungeon you have a good chance of getting the first three evo materials.

Here's some fun stuff currently running in the JPN version that we probably won't get ever lol: Final Fantasy Dungeon and Gacha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCj0uWxL850

The boss of the dungeon is Bahamut! On the hardest difficulty, fater you get him down below 50% health, he starts counting down from 3 each turn, and when the counter reaches 0, he casts Megaflare and nukes your ass for 100,000 damage.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Dragon Flower, Dragon Plant, Dragon Seed, Emelit. If you think you can survive the Thursday Dungeon you have a good chance of getting the first three evo materials.

Here's some fun stuff currently running in the JPN version that we probably won't get ever lol: Final Fantasy Dungeon and Gacha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCj0uWxL850

The boss of the dungeon is Bahamut! On the hardest difficulty, fater you get him down below 50% health, he starts counting down from 3 each turn, and when the counter reaches 0, he casts Megaflare and nukes your ass for 100,000 damage.

Thanks! Looks like I'll give Thursday dungeon a go.

That Final Fantasy dungeon looks awesome. Hopefully the game will continue to push out new content to keep me coming back.

Owzers

First 7 level Fire regular dungeon beat me up pretty badly, i need a healer in my group Xo...yet have none....i also only have green monsters so fighting fire without good blues was rough.

Mashing

Got an Alarune after about 15 resets, I played with her a while and at low level she is just ridiculous. I'm thinking about re-rolling as I read she's not a good starter (My very first starter was 4* Dragon Knight, I should have stuck with that but I didn't realize how vital he is to an endgame group).

Boken

Banned
Got an Alarune after about 15 resets, I played with her a while and at low level she is just ridiculous. I'm thinking about re-rolling as I read she's not a good starter (My very first starter was 4* Dragon Knight, I should have stuck with that but I didn't realize how vital he is to an endgame group).

Alarune is an amazing babysitter. People would love to friend you with her.

Id love to friend you.

Ashodin

Fuuu this fire dungeon is kicking my ass without some strong water monsters. Good thing I've started to evolve a dragon to fight with Ancient Dragon Knight.

ReaperXL7

Game is amazing honestly, the only thing better would be if i could get the original puzzle quest on android, but it seems only 2 is available.

My drop that i stuck with was a dragon rider pretty awesome looking 5 star drop, then my second drop was the red angel god whos name escapes me though sadly it seems my team is begining to out grow my ability to keep everyone in it so im going to have to slow down on evoloving these beasts.

Uthred

Stuck on the last fight in tower of giants for about half an hour, I can do fuck all damage to the boss and he cant do enough to one shot me and I can recover in between, tedious as fuck though

W1SSY

I got a Fortoyotops from the egg machine so now I have two of basically the same thing. Having such high level guys from the beginning makes the game rather easy.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Y'know, I'm not a big fan of many of the games that are on Android/IOS devices. I do most of my gaming on dedicated gaming systems. However, I just got to give props to Gungho, because Puzzle & Dragons is just amazing!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pluto Valley...Now I'm starting to have to work for my wins. I need to burn stamina on 2x coin dungeons so I can power up my team.

Also. Where do you get new monsters? Is it only catching and gacha?

Ashodin

Pluto Valley...Now I'm starting to have to work for my wins. I need to burn stamina on 2x coin dungeons so I can power up my team.

Also. Where do you get new monsters? Is it only catching and gacha?

Pluto Valley got fucked up by my Light team. Straight up.

xCobalt

Look what just dropped for me in the sky dragon dungeon.
jEyoq.jpg

Gaspode_T

It is so hard to follow this thread while playing the Japanese version...the names don't even sound close to the same.

I guess I can't friend people playing the English version?

BTW for those wondering why it is not released in all countries - I would bet 99.9999% chance that it is on purpose because of server capacity limitations - in Japan there are tons of errors and people complaining about server connection problems, they probably don't want to make things worse than they already are. Maybe they will do rollout to more countries after making sure US servers can handle it/measure popularity upswing (it is what I would do if I were running the service).

I set up a primitive form and corresponding spreadsheet for entering in your GAF name, Friend ID, P&D Name, and Leaders that you use so we have a better database than posting all of our codes. If you want to use it in the OP, Cosmo, go for it.

Quote to see:

Cool thanks! Ill be sure to use this tomorrow and add people before I try the 'Pluto Valley: Dragon of the Abyss' again. I cannot get past that for the life of me.. =/

Flunkie

Banned
Alright guys, I'll trade level 20 friend eggs with the first person to PM me for those who haven't done it yet. :D

Edit: Donezo.

Twinduct

Man this eats battery like a champ! Played before going to bed lastnight, exited the app via home button, closed it from my app switcher ... phone completely drained this morning!

So err tip for android folk. Go into the app manager and force close it after use (and not plugged in). Fucking joke

Also got a super rare last night.
Dragon Rider. 6*.
Both Light and Dark element

Should I feel proud?

Flunkie

Banned
Man this eats battery like a champ! Played before going to bed lastnight, exited the app via home button, closed it from my app switcher ... phone completely drained this morning!

So err tip for android folk. Go into the app manager and force close it after use (and not plugged in). Fucking joke

I was actually just thinking how great it saves battery on iOS. It's a game that requires a semi-permanent internet connection, but it only checks at certain points and isn't always on. So if you lock your phone for a couple hours or get a call or just forget about P&D for awhile and were in the middle of a dungeon, it will save your place instead of it being lost forever like it would be with the imitation apps like Angel Salvation (which I played heavily off and on when P&D wasn't out yet and had no idea it was an imitation of P&D).

Twinduct

I was actually just thinking how great it saves battery on iOS. It's a game that requires a semi-permanent internet connection, but it only checks at certain points and isn't always on. So if you lock your phone for a couple hours or get a call or just forget about P&D for awhile and were in the middle of a dungeon, it will save your place instead of it being lost forever like it would be with the imitation apps like Angel Salvation (which I played heavily off and on when P&D wasn't out yet and had no idea it was an imitation of P&D).

Sounds awesome! On Android it's really bad. Tested this morning on my Tablet with similar results .. well as in almost 50 drain in idle for 3-4 hours.

Might be an issue with downloading the apk outside the googl store thus it's not being governed by some invisible system. Fuck knows.

But yeah, current work around with force closing seems to work fine

Kouriozan

I added everyone I could, some had full friend list.
Right now I'm rank 30 at Castle of Satan, the Witches' Ball, it's getting really hard. Even with my odin the first boss did like 600-800 damage at full health.
EDIT : I'm at the boss right now, it's easier than I expected, but they still both attack at the same turn >.<

J0dy77

So PAL points and the PAL egg machine, should I be pulling the lever whenever available or is it worth banking the points for anything? Is the PAL currency good for anything else?

ParityBit

But it's possible to get a light or dark version, right?

What do you mean by the light or dark version? You mean the light/dark which you could not choose? (Since you could only choose 3?)

Also, are the starter dragons better than the rares you can get to drop?

I really wish you could get anything from the gold dragon pull to drop at some point (even if rare)

Jinko

On the third tier of dungeons now, starting to get quite challenging, boss fights have crazy HP ><

How many tiers of dungeons are there btw ?

What do you mean by the light or dark version? You mean the light/dark which you could not choose? (Since you could only choose 3?)

Also, are the starter dragons better than the rares you can get to drop?

I really wish you could get anything from the gold dragon pull to drop at some point (even if rare)

http://pd.appbank.net/ml1

Starter dragons are really good once they are evolved and leveled up, the latest forms are not in the US game yet though. (they have double attack) 480-484

Kouriozan

On the third tier of dungeons now, starting to get quite challenging, boss fights have crazy HP ><

How many tiers of dungeons are there btw ?

After this there is the Castle of Satan, and then I don't know.
But I think there is only 3 tiers, after that you get technical dungeon, maybe?

MKAllDay

anyone know the best place to look for a Rubylit? can't seem to track one down guessing which fire dungeon to go to

Rank15 btw

Well the Friday Dungeon that is up now is all Lit monsters so that would be the best place. You can also find them in the first stage of the Trial of Fire dungeon (not entirely sure if that is the name but its the first fire dungeon).

Does anyone know how strong you should be for the expert version of the Friday dungeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom