• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this there is the Castle of Satan, and then I don't know.
But I think there is only 3 tiers, after that you get technical dungeon, maybe?
Yeah you get technical dungeons; I think there are 12 in total? You also get more regular dungeons, but they are kinda difficult and I haven't been able to pass the 4* fire one yet.

TeegsD

On my 3rd reroll, just got a 4* Light monster called Verche. Thinking about sticking with this one, good idea?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Some clarifications I got that you all may be interested in!

1) When powering up a monster, does it matter what I feed it? Or are the stats pre-determined for every monster at every level?

Stats are pre-determined

2) Once you have a max level monster, can you still feed it +monsters to get the +skills (which max at +99 for each stat)? Or do you need to feed the monster the +monsters while evolving him?

You can still fuse bonuses and increase skill levels, even on max level monsters! Skills are, to my knowledge, the bonuses on the creature. You can sometimes get a skill up as well as a level up. The skill up increases the power of said skill.

3) Why does the #110 Vampire have a specific set of "rules" in for evolving and powering him up? I've just got one from a gacha pull and wasn't sure what to do with him.

I did some reading on this guy. There are some rules people put forth when skilling him up. Here's what I learned (from the Facebook group).

Q: How do I increase Vampire Lord's skill level?

A: Collect Baddie #44 creatures from the Dungeon of Dark and evolve them to Big Baddie #45 using an Amelit #159, also found within the Dungeon of Dark. Use Big Baddies to increase Vampire or Vampire Lord's skill. You will generally find more Baddies than Amelits in the Dungeon of Dark, so when leveing Vampire or Vampire Lord it is preferable to collect more Amelits from the entry-level Friday Dungeon.

Hope this helps everyone a little bit!

garath

So I guess I'm doing better. I've got my starter red monster to level 13. I have no idea if I'm doing the right stuff with him but I figure get him to 15 and evolve him into whatever he evolves into. Sounds like a thing to do.

My thor is doing ok as a leader. I'm making more friends with strong monsters so overall I'm having an easier time of it. I beat the Thursday dungeon pretty handily yesterday. Though I have no need for the rewards (I'm rank 8 or 9). The real key is I'm getting better at the combos. Moving the gems around the right way is key.

Guess I'll keep going :) My real hurdle right now is money. And I still have no idea how best to fuse and evolve my monsters hehe.

Jinko

Interesting I learned you feed +1 monsters to a maxed monster, is it possible to get +99 in all 3 stats ?? lol

It's less 'rules' and more 'he has a really easy path for skill ups'

Similarly, one of the reasons Siren is the preferred out of the three healers listed in the OP is because Marine Goblins share her skill, and straight up drop from dungeons without the need for evolution. Really easy to max her skill.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's less 'rules' and more 'he has a really easy path for skill ups'

Similarly, one of the reasons Siren is the preferred out of the three healers listed in the OP is because Marine Goblins share her skill, and straight up drop from dungeons without the need for evolution.

Yeah, that's what I'm learning. It's good to know that powering up your monsters can't be fucked up in any way. It just depends on how much time and gold you'll need to spend.

Li Kao

Just entered the spreadsheet.
Now to make sense of the daily metal dragon planning (damn timezones) and find out what is waiting for me in the shrine of sprite in advance. Really not my style to plan this much in advance but with 10 stamina at stake I wouldn't want to go there with a team of the same color as the mobs.
If someone can help with that one that would be great.

Kouriozan

Alright, I'm at the last dungeon of Castle of Satan, after that I really need to get a better team.
And I also need that daily event dungeon which give tons of money too :p

Are Gold Dragons same as Metal ones ?
or do they give more exp?
They are the same, just Light element.

Also I just decided to ignore my own advice and played the hard version of Shrine of Spirits without seeing how hard the Dublits hit. They uhh... do 6666 damage. Easy version should be doable for most current GAFers; I think the only guy you need to even remotely worry about is the boss Mythlit who hits for a couple hundred.

Owzers

how does one go about getting decent water monsters for the Firey Forest Fire 7 battle stage? i only have one water card, a water knight and am getting destroyed.

Li Kao

They are the same, just Light element.

Also I just decided to ignore my own advice and played the hard version of Shrine of Spirits without seeing how hard the Dublits hit. They uhh... do 6666 damage. Easy version should be doable for most current GAFers; I think the only guy you need to even remotely worry about is the boss Mythlit who hits for a couple hundred.

Wow I need 4x Misurittos to evolve my roster (counting all monsters, just really really need 1) and this is the... friday dungeon boss ?
I think I just hit the desire wall you spoke about some days ago, two runs in and the damn game would give me everything but the Misuritto ( '°_°)

Natiko

Banned
Ended up adding someone from here at random. Decided to check the thread out and add myself to the spreadsheet. I'm not all that far into it yet though.

how do you guys usually set up your team? 1-2 colors or varied approach?

trying the 1-2 color thing now (leader is blue/green) and it works fine initially, but end up with red/light/dark gems in the way before the skills can charge

edit : or change based on which dungeon your on?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is it bad to sell/fuse evo monsters? I just have a ton and no more room :\

Nah - I use mine for fuse fodder when I'm running low on space. Make sure you upgrade your storage, too. The gacha pull is nice, but having 70+ storage slots is super convenient (I want 100 before I start gacha streaming).

E: I don't use them for high level monsters. Usually just for low level dudes that I want to use for fodder later (the blobs make good fodder and have a good gem change skill that's worth the cost).

how do you guys usually set up your team? 1-2 colors or varied approach?

trying the 1-2 color thing now (leader is blue/green) and it works fine initially, but end up with red/light/dark gems in the way before the skills can charge

edit : or change based on which dungeon your on?

I do a 1-2 color based on the dungeon I'm on. Green + dark right now. But I've been powering up one or two monsters of every color just in case.

When you hit a wall of gems that don't match your color, try to setup combos to clear as many as you can. I know that sounds simple, but that's the only real way you can manage, especially when you get to the t2/t3 dungeons where you need to heal through some pretty strong hits.

Owzers

It took me 10 minutes just to beat the boss in the first stage of the Fire Forest thing, the Flame Guardian. I had tons of healing and was in no danger of dying, but barely damaged it at all.

lenni

I'm looking for someone to trade Rank 20 presents with. Got one place left on my friends list, so is anyone on or just before reaching Rank 20?

ID: 380,733,294

What are the technical dungeons for?

Farming Pengdras and a few unique monsters as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten very far into them because some of the bosses (and enemies) will make you want to tear your hair out. "Heh? Think you're about to kill me? How about I heal back to full health" Every enemy in the technical dungeon gains some kind of skill, whether it be attacking twice (or three times in the case of the last boss I just fought) in one turn, stunning your monsters so they can't attack (and I think their leader skills also get disabled), or turning gems on your board into completely useless things.

Jinko

Presumably theres no way to transfer the data48.bin between android and ios?

I'm sure you can but whether it would work is another thing entirely.

Farming Pengdras and a few unique monsters as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten very far into them because some of the bosses (and enemies) will make you want to tear your hair out. "Heh? Think you're about to kill me? How about I heal back to full health" Every enemy in the technical dungeon gains some kind of skill, whether it be attacking twice (or three times in the case of the last boss I just fought) in one turn, stunning your monsters so they can't attack (and I think their leader skills also get disabled), or turning gems on your board into completely useless things.

Oh this sounds frustrating.

sounds like rage-quitting is in my future

To be fair I kinda slept through the last couple of levels in Ice Maze. Wood Mech Warrior Asgard nearly doubled my HP, Neptune's leader ability halves water damage, and Siren the Enchanter autoheals every turn you make a match. I'd probably have been worried when the final boss started attacking three times in a turn, but with all that HP, damage reduction, and healing I just kinda laughed it off to the point where I even forgot to activate poison on him.

Team synergy rules.

edit: also yeah the music in the Technical Dungeons owns, especially the boss music.

soo what am i supposed to do with these 'enchance material' dragon guys?

have a gold and a metal (3*) so far, but don't have a light or dark dragon...can i give them to anyone, or wait?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The friday dungeon is weird... All evo material I guess? Got a 5star rainbow Mythlit out of my first run that I can't use yet lol. How rare do they drop? Worth keeping stored or should I sell/fuse it?

Li Kao

I vote for KEEP THAT LITTLE BASTARD !
When you will need it, he won't drop. Ever.

Edit - Well evidently it all depends on your team evolution, but as I see many monsters need evo material of another color, I would keep it yeah.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
How is this still using battery on my android phone (GS3) if it is not a running application and it was force stopped after I played it last night?

The friday dungeon is weird... All evo material I guess? Got a 5star rainbow Mythlit out of my first run that I can't use yet lol. How rare do they drop? Worth keeping stored or should I sell/fuse it?

Each of the weekday dungeons is biased towards a specific type of Evo material. Mythlit is a guaranteed boss at the end of the easy version of the Friday Dungeon, and also appear rarely elsewhere I think. I've got quite a few things right now that need one or more to evolve.

xCobalt

All daily dungeons drop only evo material. I'd keep it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Each of the weekday dungeons is biased towards a specific type of Evo material. Mythlit is a guaranteed boss at the end of the easy version of the Friday Dungeon, and also appear rarely elsewhere I think. I've got quite a few things right now that need one or more to evolve.

Well if it's a guaranteed drop at the end of the friday dungeon... That means Ican get quite a few per week, no? I'll keep one around in case I suddenly need it, but I think all the ones that would need it to evolve are still like 30-60 levels away from max lol. Thanks for the answers everyone :p

Well it's a guaranteed encounter, not sure about it being a guaranteed drop.

I think I have like five in my box right now that I can't use because I don't have the materials to feed my mons to max level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom