• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Well if it's a guaranteed drop at the end of the friday dungeon... That means Ican get quite a few per week, no? I'll keep one around in case I suddenly need it, but I think all the ones that would need it to evolve are still like 30-60 levels away from max lol. Thanks for the answers everyone :p

No no no, its presence is guaranteed.
Because catching-wise I can guarantee that he is not guaranteed :p

Burning all my stamina for runs that earn shit money and basic evo monsters T_T

Edit - Eeck, burned like hell on this topic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No no no, its presence is guaranteed.
Because catching-wise I can guarantee that he is not guaranteed :p

Burning all my stamina for runs that earn shit money and basic evo monsters T_T

Edit - Eeck, burned like hell on this topic.

OOOOH the presence only? Well then.. I'll keep it, seeing how I've spent a lot of stamina on getting general evo material and this is even rarer. I need to expand my monster box again soon, 25 isn't quit cutting it if I wanna keep evo material around :( I wanna keep at least 1 of every evo material in the box... Is that a bad tactic? :/

blackflag

Nice, I just got a 4 star level 30 basilisk from the rare egg machine. Doubting I can get 5 more stones today to try it again before the purple rare event goes away.

Smiley90

Nice, I just got a 4 star level 30 basilisk from the rare egg machine. Doubting I can get 5 more stones today to try it again before the purple rare event goes away.

I wish I'd saved my magic stones for purple rare event, I wanna build a dark/light team :( Oh well. Not sure I'll get to 5 again today... I hope they keep going with these special promos, they're nice. (PAL EGG PROMOS C'MON)

totowhoa

Banned
fyi, Sapphire metal dragon dungeon is up

Yeah I saw this... woke up and did a couple of dungeon runs and quit with 15 stamina and exactly 50 minutes to go on that dungeon, so I'm going to have enough stamina as soon as it vanishes. Damn! Oh well. I'm still going to see if I can slip in at the last second as my stamina hits 20.

Uthred

Do the weekly/daily dungeons "reset" in terms of earning crystals? Presumably theres a finite number of free crystals you can get and as there are monsters that only come from the rare gacha then ultimately you'll have to shell out?

ParityBit

Do the weekly/daily dungeons "reset" in terms of earning crystals? Presumably theres a finite number of free crystals you can get and as there are monsters that only come from the rare gacha then ultimately you'll have to shell out?

You get a crystal for completing weekly/daily dungeons? I guess that would make sense but the fact you only get them the first time on the normal game dungeons, and with money really will turn me off from this game quicker.

Nope :(

You keep getting crystals from whatever new dungeons get released, special events, and cumulative days logged in (this one might be finite) though.

Smiley90

You get a crystal for completing weekly/daily dungeons? I guess that would make sense but the fact you only get them the first time on the normal game dungeons, and with money really will turn me off from this game quicker.

Mhmmm I didn't get a crystal for completing the Friday Daily, so it can't be ALL daily/special dungeons. Specification please?

Nope :(

You keep getting crystals from whatever new dungeons get released, special events, and cumulative days logged in (this one might be finite) though.

There we go, thanks. It's 30 days consecutive for crystals, right? And then every day from then on, or just every 30 days?

totowhoa

Banned
Feeding question:

These monsters have a completely linear evolution path... as in you feed them, evolve them, and the stats are all predetermined and the only thing the player can effect are passing along stat bonuses and gaining skill upgrades, correct? I got two Cupids in a row from the rare gacha machine, and I'd already leveled the first one about nine levels or so. I guess I'll just fuse the second away, because there's no use in having duplicates, correct? Also this leads me into one more question that I'm sure has been asked: is it ever better to raise and evolve your run-of-the-mill monster to fuse, or is that not necessarily advantageous compared to feeding away everything in the form you caught it in? I realize Pengdras and a few specific monsters are worth evolving before feeding them off, though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Feeding question:

These monsters have a completely linear evolution path... as in you feed them, evolve them, and the stats are all predetermined and the only thing the player can effect are passing along stat bonuses and gaining skill upgrades, correct? I got two Cupids in a row from the rare gacha machine, and I'd already leveled the first one about nine levels or so. I guess I'll just fuse the second away, because there's no use in having duplicates, correct? Also this leads me into one more question that I'm sure has been asked: is it ever better to raise and evolve your run-of-the-mill monster to fuse, or is that not necessarily advantageous compared to feeding away everything in the form you caught it in? I realize Pengdras and a few specific monsters are worth evolving before feeding them off, though.

Here's my post from earlier:

Some clarifications I got that you all may be interested in!

1) When powering up a monster, does it matter what I feed it? Or are the stats pre-determined for every monster at every level?

Stats are pre-determined

2) Once you have a max level monster, can you still feed it +monsters to get the +skills (which max at +99 for each stat)? Or do you need to feed the monster the +monsters while evolving him?

You can still fuse bonuses and increase skill levels, even on max level monsters! Skills are, to my knowledge, the bonuses on the creature. You can sometimes get a skill up as well as a level up. The skill up increases the power of said skill.

3) Why does the #110 Vampire have a specific set of "rules" in for evolving and powering him up? I've just got one from a gacha pull and wasn't sure what to do with him.

I did some reading on this guy. There are some rules people put forth when skilling him up. Here's what I learned (from the Facebook group).

Q: How do I increase Vampire Lord's skill level?

A: Collect Baddie #44 creatures from the Dungeon of Dark and evolve them to Big Baddie #45 using an Amelit #159, also found within the Dungeon of Dark. Use Big Baddies to increase Vampire or Vampire Lord's skill. You will generally find more Baddies than Amelits in the Dungeon of Dark, so when leveing Vampire or Vampire Lord it is preferable to collect more Amelits from the entry-level Friday Dungeon.

Hope this helps everyone a little bit!

Li Kao

Speaking of evolution, (and please excuse me Nicoga if it is answered in your post and I didn't understand it) Cosmo Clock said earlier :
"Similarly, one of the reasons Siren is the preferred out of the three healers listed in the OP is because Marine Goblins share her skill, and straight up drop from dungeons without the need for evolution. Really easy to max her skill."

I didn't look into skills yet and a question is nagging here : my monster gains levels, they evolve, but never have gained skill levels. I thought it was dependant on evolution but do you people mean to say that to level up skills I must fuse monster with the same ones ?
Do you mean I should have fused all those blue Carbuncles to the one I'm using ?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of evolution, (and please excuse me Nicoga if it is answered in your post and I didn't understand it) Cosmo Clock said earlier :
"Similarly, one of the reasons Siren is the preferred out of the three healers listed in the OP is because Marine Goblins share her skill, and straight up drop from dungeons without the need for evolution. Really easy to max her skill."

I didn't look into skills yet and a question is nagging here : my monster gains levels, they evolve, but never have gained skill levels. I thought it was dependant on evolution but do you people mean to say that to level up skills I must fuse monster with the same ones ?

Cosmo Clock can probably elaborate, but the way I understand it, is this:
  • Monster A has skill 1
  • Feed A Monster B, C, and D
  • Monster B and D have skill 1
  • Monster A has the chance to gain increased potency of skill 1 from EACH monster you feed it that shares the skill (so B and D)
I think, in theory, you can get 5 skill ups in one feeding, but the luck involved would be pretty astronomical.

Smiley90

Do you mean I should have fused all those blue Carbuncles to the one I'm using ?

Yep. Also, to level up skills, having 5 carbuncles fused to a carbuncle has the same chance of a skill increase as a single carbuncle fused to another. So to optimize skill growth, you should always only use ONE "same-skill" monster in a power-up fusion, because the chances of an increase don't stack. (it's not a guaranteed increase, either, not sure what the actual percentage is)

Cosmo Clock can probably elaborate, but the way I understand it, is this:
  • Monster A has skill 1
  • Feed A Monster B, C, and D
  • Monster B and D have skill 1
  • Monster A has the chance to gain increased potency of skill 1 from EACH monster you feed it that shares the skill (so B and D)
I think, in theory, you can get 5 skill ups in one feeding, but the luck involved would be pretty astronomical.

Really? I thought it was that they don't stack, but I didn't consider MULTIPLE skill ups were possible... mhmm. Bottom line: They don't stack. Not sure if you can get multiples during the same fusion or not though.

Owzers

Got a Dark Dragon Knight from my rare pull, i did spend $6 so far in IAP purchases....i think i'm going to stop doing that though..especially since i'm probably going to have to give up on the game at some point when it gets too hard. Which is probably soon if i never get a good water creature.

Mhmmm I didn't get a crystal for completing the Friday Daily, so it can't be ALL daily/special dungeons. Specification please?

There we go, thanks. It's 30 days consecutive for crystals, right? And then every day from then on, or just every 30 days?
Did you finish both normal and Expert for the Friday dungeon? Cause I just did Expert for the first time and they gave me a magic stone. (also the Dub-mythlit is 1000/800/300 for team cost 1 lol)

You need to fuse monsters with the exact same skill to it for a skill up. So you can fuse a Marine Goblin to a Siren and get a chance for a skillup because they both have Guard Stance - Water. But, fusing a Tyran (Heat Breath: Fire attack for 3x your ATK) to a Tyrannos (Magma Breath: Fire attack of 10x your ATK) will never cause a skillup.

Your skill levels will carry over on evolution unless the new monster gains a different skill.

Skill level up happens with a fixed 20% chance. That means no matter if you fuse one Marine Goblin to your Siren or five at the same time, you will always have an exactly 20% chance of leveling up the skill.

EDIT: I'm pretttttty sure you can't get multiple skill levelups from one fusion, buuuut I've never attempted to do that before.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Really? I thought it was that they don't stack, but I didn't consider MULTIPLE skill ups were possible... mhmm. Bottom line: They don't stack. Not sure if you can get multiples during the same fusion or not though.

From an FAQ:

You have an equal chance of a skill up for each creature combined and the amount of creatures combined at once does not change the odds (e.g. five Power-up fusions with Vampire Lord and one Big Baddie results in five chances for a skill up just as one Power-Up fusion with five Big Baddies results in five changes for a skill up).

Smiley90

From an FAQ:

Aaaah I must've interpreted it wrong then. I took "the chances don't stack" as "better use 5 individually than 5 at once", because I thought you could only get one skill-up per fusion. Thanks.

Li Kao

Mmh, between that and the elusive Mythlit, I can safely say this was a sad day for orbs.
Still another question : what about under leveled skills ? I mean will I have the chance to level up the 500hp heal of my evolved carbuncle with base carbuncles healing 300hp ?

At first glance I would think this is considered two different skills and that I must evolve the base Carbuncles before attempting a skill level up gamble, what do you think ?

Edit - Answered by Cosmo, you are quick guys :eek:

Smiley90

You just be happy your main isn't Hades, whose skill NO other monster shares but him. Not that I know of, at least. Only way I can get a skill up is if I fuse him to another Hades. ha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aaaah I must've interpreted it wrong then. I took "the chances don't stack" as "better use 5 individually than 5 at once", because I thought you could only get one skill-up per fusion. Thanks.

Yeah, it's not explained like, anywhere, haha.

totowhoa

Banned
I think I'm definitely going to focus on increasing my monster box here soon. I'm at rank 20 and only have 25 slots... I think I'm just going to spend my next five stones on upgrading this thing instead of saving for a rare gacha pull. Speaking of which, I'm at rank 20... I might have accidentally skipped through the gift message or something, because I don't see anything about gifting anything to anybody.

You need to fuse monsters with the exact same skill to it for a skill up. So you can fuse a Marine Goblin to a Siren and get a chance for a skillup because they both have Guard Stance - Water. But, fusing a Tyran (Heat Breath: Fire attack for 3x your ATK) to a Tyrannos (Magma Breath: Fire attack of 10x your ATK) will never cause a skillup.

I actually had a quick question about this. Early on I fused a lot of carbuncles together with their healing spell but I never got a skill up -- can you do a skill up by fusing two of the same monsters? Luck may just have been against me.

Also, I really can't wait until this game gets a decent English wiki.

Smiley90

Did you finish both normal and Expert for the Friday dungeon? Cause I just did Expert for the first time and they gave me a magic stone. (also the Dub-mythlit is 1000/800/300 for team cost 1 lol)

Your skill levels will carry over on evolution unless the new monster gains a different skill.

Skill level up happens with a fixed 20% chance. That means no matter if you fuse one Marine Goblin to your Siren or five at the same time, you will always have an exactly 20% chance of leveling up the skill.

EDIT: I'm pretttttty sure you can't get multiple skill levelups from one fusion, buuuut I've never attempted to do that before.

I only did the regular one, not the expert one. Maybe only expert ones give Magic Stones? Or only if you complete both, if it counts as a "dungeon" I suppose... yeah :/ How hard is expert lol.

Also what's Dub-Myth? The Rainbow Mythlit I got is 80/40/200...

ParityBit

Hrm. This whole skill thing kinda changes some please. I did not understand it before so I am wondering if I screwed the pooch with some things!

Is it worth waiting for specific events before using 5 stones on a pull, or just go for it ?
Like this week, better chances to get a 5 star dark monster.

Smiley90

Hrm. This whole skill thing kinda changes some please. I did not understand it before so I am wondering if I screwed the pooch with some things!

To be fair, you can still fuse max level monsters to get skill ups, so it's not like you missed something or so.

ParityBit

To be fair, you can still fuse max level monsters to get skill ups, so it's not like you missed something or so.

I don't remember what my starting group is. (you figure I would with how much I played!) I know I have my ancient Knight, starting red dragon, starting black dragon and the a white dragon (non-starting) and I think a starting green dragon.

Some people on my list gave me presents (non-gafers) ...

I only did the regular one, not the expert one. Maybe only expert ones give Magic Stones? Or only if you complete both, if it counts as a "dungeon" I suppose... yeah :/ How hard is expert lol.

Also what's Dub-Myth? The Rainbow Mythlit I got is 80/40/200...
This li'l cutie:
aUemF.jpg
Appears in the expert version. All of the Dublits hit for at least 6666 damage and have sky-high defense, so you'll need to bring a team that can survive hits from them or kill them before they can attack.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
3rd water dungeon. My fire team is doomed. Time for some monster hunting in the lower dungeons heh.

Use one of our grass leaders. I know I'm running Freyja and have pooped on water dungeons. :p

Speaking of your problem, I'm still curious how we obtain 5*+ monsters without the gacha.

Smiley90

This li'l cutie:

Appears in the expert version. All of the Dublits hit for at least 6666 damage and have sky-high defense, so you'll need to bring a team that can survive hits from them or kill them before they can attack.

... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm not ready for that. I have like 3.5k HP as is. lol.

Well by survive hits I mean cheese the damage with leader skills. The important part of my team was the Green Odin helper, who cuts damage taken by 80% as long as you have full health. All the dublits have fairly long turn clocks and don't seem to ever attack on the same turn, so you have plenty of time to heal back to full life.

I also brought along a few panic buttons, like Titan, who lets you survive a fatal attack with 1HP as long as you have over 70% of your HP remaining, Echidna, which delays enemy attacks for 3 turns, and Neptune, whose poison ignores defense and will OHKO any mob because they really don't have that much HP.

xCobalt

Use one of our grass leaders. I know I'm running Freyja and have pooped on water dungeons. :p

Speaking of your problem, I'm still curious how we obtain 5*+ monsters without the gacha.

Dungeon drops or evolving lower starred monsters. I just got a 6* dragon last night from a dungeon.

Owzers

is there an easy place to get blue evolve mask? I want to evolve a blue goblin since i have no water monsters....

Dungeon drops or evolving lower starred monsters. I just got a 6* dragon last night from a dungeon.

To add to that most monsters, Gods included, will drop from some place in the game. Certain ones, like Valkyrie, don't, but those are in the minority.

Boss monsters will drop, but the rate is pretty low. The exceptions are for special dungeons, like Hera, who drop 100% of the time. But you probably earned that right by beating her lol

EDIT:
is there an easy place to get blue evolve mask? I want to evolve a blue goblin since i have no water monsters....

I got drop locations for most/all evo materials in the OP. They come most commonly from the 2* water dungeon.

lingiii

Banned
ran out of stamina playing this last night. seems like a really cool thing, but fuck if I wouldn't rather pay $30 or whatever for a gussied-up 3DS/vita version or something. I just want it to get out of my way!

will be sticking with it though. let's see if I can resist spending bux!

garath

Whoever Kourio@GAF is, your leader is awesome. I one shot a boss with 17k damage using your leader skill with my Thor. You are my favorite friend. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom