• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Holy shit that dungeon that showed up that you could hunt fire dragon fusions... I got the super rare one and it gives 55000 EXP to whatever mon you choose. Fuck awesome man.

I spent a little cash on the shop and I got a FUCKTON of Light-type monsters. I'm SOOOO happy now :)

And I also got ***** Ancient Dragon Warrior, who came out at Level 30. FUCK YEAH.

Congrats. Just remember that the dungeon will appear again in 5 hours. It'll change to a different element every day. If you use that King dragon on a fire monster, it'll give over 80000 exp.

Ashodin

Congrats. Just remember that the dungeon will appear again in 5 hours. It'll change to a different element every day. If you use that King dragon on a fire monster, it'll give over 80000 exp.

holy shit awesome. That is a really awesome thing to put in the game.

So.. I accumulated 5 more stone things and tried the egg machine and got a 3* Mystic Flame Knight. Not really looking for fire since my god is grass, but ok.. Anyways, is the Mystic Flame Knight better than Tyran (the fire starter evolved once)? Because I only have room for my god and one more when I use Tyran or the Flame Knight. I just feel pretty underpowered and am on the 'Volcano of Vulcan' dungeon.. and I am out of Stamina.

Valygar

Got a Valkyrie! (x2 attack healer types) Now I have to get a Healer team that works, I guess I'll just throw in good monsters I get...

Why do some people recommend to focus in only X element? Should I do the same or since I am going to focus on healers it is not necessary?

Got a Valkyrie! (x2 attack healer types) Now I have to get a Healer team that works, I guess I'll just throw in good monsters I get...

Why do some people recommend to focus in only X element? Should I do the same or since I am going to focus on healers it is not necessary?
Single-element teams, unlike other teams, have the benefit of your even more guaranteed starter's leader ability going for it, as well as some Gods.

It's always a good idea to diversify, because you will inevitably run into a dungeon / monster that counters your team's main strategy. Raise your healers but don't forget to keep a few pocket monsters for difficult situations.

Owzers

I can't get past the IAP difficulty wall. Almost every dungeon i get into, the normal ones, get way too hard for my monsters. The stamina bar combined with difficulty, low coin amounts, and a lack of monster box space makes this game feel like it's just an IAP trap and not a supplement.

ParityBit

Holy shit that dungeon that showed up that you could hunt fire dragon fusions... I got the super rare one and it gives 55000 EXP to whatever mon you choose. Fuck awesome man.

I spent a little cash on the shop and I got a FUCKTON of Light-type monsters. I'm SOOOO happy now :)

And I also got ***** Ancient Dragon Warrior, who came out at Level 30. FUCK YEAH.

Which dungeon is this?

I can't get past the IAP difficulty wall. Almost every dungeon i get into, the normal ones, get way too hard for my monsters. The stamina bar combined with difficulty, low coin amounts, and a lack of monster box space makes this game feel like it's just an IAP trap and not a supplement.

How far are you? What's your team?

Uthred

Which dungeon is this?

Its the Ruby Dragon Dungeon, shamelessly stolen from the facebook page's faq and page

Metal Dragons: Purpose

Q: What are metallic dragons used for?

A: Metallic Dragons, including the Metal Dragon #176, Ruby Dragon #252, Sapphire Dragon #255, Emerald Dragon #258, and Gold Dragon #179, are primarily found through metal dragon events which occur on any given day. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald dragons are available through one dungeon each week (see 'Metal Dragons: Event Timing'). Metallic dragons come in three forms, including the basic form, the 'high' form (e.g. High Gold Dragon), and the 'king' form (e.g. King Gold Dragon). Metal dragons are used to provide experience to other creatures and are, generally, best used to provide experience to same-element creatures. Basic metal dragons only provide about 1000 or 1500 experience. If the technical dungeons are available, basic Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald dragons are best used in combination with Pengdra to get greater experience increases. Gold metallic dragons can also be sold for a generous compensation (3,000, 30,000, or 300,000) but, aside from selling basic gold dragons, it is generally recommended to use them for experience as well. Note that dark metal dragons and gold metal dragons may be worth saving for dark or light element creatures as these creatures do not enjoy experience bonuses from like-element Pengdra. Metal dragons are easy to defeat and, by far, the best way to level your team earlier in the game. They should not be overlooked.

Metal Dragons: Event Timing

Information: http://bit.ly/WEtVcs (EN) || http://bit.ly/VrcX29 (JP)

Q: When do metal dragon events take place?

A: Each day will bring an event for a given metal dragon. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald dragons are available through one event each week. Metal dragons (dark element) are generally available on other days, except for approximately once a month when a gold dragon event will take place. Players are separated into five groups. You can determine what group you belong to by checking the third digit of your Player ID. (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9). Each day, each group will have access to approximately three dragon events, starting as soon as around 8:00 AM PST and ending later in the evening before midnight. You can locate a metal dragon event by checking special dungeons each hour. Once you have identified the hour of a metal dragon event, you can return five hours later (events start on the hour) and the event will repeat. This Facebook group also kindly provides metal dragon schedules each day. Check the pinned topics for the group (it will generally appear if you click on the group name in your web browser) to see exactly when the metal dragons will be available for your group and what metal dragon will be available. Dungeon information: Metal Dragons (5 Stages, 15 stamina); Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby Dragons (5 Stages, 20 Stamina), Gold Dragons (7 Stages, 20 Stamina).

[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/2/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Edit: Times are PST, which makes the later times awkward for GMT

Kuntz

Got a 3 star ... I should be asleep since 2 hours but time to reroll again !

What have you done to me !

edit : another 3 star thing ... i'm out, better luck tomorrow !

xCobalt

I've been playing for awhile and haven't spent a dime on this game. Take the time to level up your monsters and evolve them.

Owzers

How far are you? What's your team?

a ragtag bunch of hobos. I'm currently stuck in the Demeter Forest map, Ground Dragon Arisen stage.

I started the game with a 4 star Earth Guardian and got a Dino Rider with the stones i've acquired since. For this stage i have an Flame Knight, flame fighter, and green starter dragon. Hobos. I'm close to evolving my green starter hobo dragon, he's lvl 14.

Surely you have more room in your party for two more monsters? Try adding something with high RCV to help you heal up faster. Or friend a Siren the Enchantress and Rondo of Healing your way to victory.

Shadybiz

Just noticed that the game doesn't close completely on my GSIII, and it continued to kill my battery. Went down about 20% in an hour. Will have to remember to force close it everytime. Not a big deal, but not very convenient.

Uthred

Just noticed that the game doesn't close completely on my GSIII, and it continued to kill my battery. Went down about 20% in an hour. Will have to remember to force close it everytime. Not a big deal, but not very convenient.

The android build seems to be pretty hard on the phones battery, totally eats my SII's battery and leaves it feeling like you could fry eggs on it

Owzers

Surely you have more room in your party for two more monsters? Try adding something with high RCV to help you heal up faster. Or friend a Siren the Enchantress and Rondo of Healing your way to victory.

I had two other low lvl monsters that didn't really do much. I made friends with some high level green monsters but haven't found any red or blue yet. I'll try to find those two.

Shadybiz

The android build seems to be pretty hard on the phones battery, totally eats my SII's battery and leaves it feeling like you could fry eggs on it

Yeah, I noticed that mine was pretty warm after about 20 minutes of playing. Ah well, not much you can do about it, I guess. Still fun.

I had two other low lvl monsters that didn't really do much. I made friends with some high level green monsters but haven't found any red or blue yet. I'll try to find those two.

Also, don't take this personally, but are you one of those people who haven't discovered you can shift the orb more than one space at a time? You ought to be comfortable making 3 combos or higher at that point in the game. Here's another thing stolen from SA with some common ways to "solve" certain gem configurations:
y9IvO.png

Kouriozan

Yup I have the ruby dragon event right now, it's over in 15 min. Using all my stamina for it :)
Edit : wait I just got that king ruby dragon egg, I wonder how much exp he'll give.

When the metal dragon dungeon appears for you depends on the third digit of your friend code. The Facebook group has that shit down to a science and posts schedules every day.

Boken

Banned
Looks like I hit the jackpot after about 15 re-rolls on my phone.

jCFxk.png

Now, the starter guide says this:

Not sure what it's talking about with sub account, does that mean never make it the leader? But, that means the leader ability never kicks in and I thought that's why it's so good, right? Also, what's the warning at the end about only start with it if you're playing a single account.

O wow I need to friend you

whats your ID?

blackflag

i'm done rerolling lol just gonna try the stupid game already. stuck with a 4star lvl 30 Mandrake. Don't know if it's good but whatever.

Owzers

Also, don't take this personally, but are you one of those people who haven't discovered you can shift the orb more than one space at a time? You ought to be comfortable making 3 combos or higher at that point in the game. Here's another thing stolen from SA with some common ways to "solve" certain gem configurations:
y9IvO.png

I am bad at getting combos, getting a little better after watching that beginner video and thinking a little more before making a move But i'm still having too many turns of only one set with no combo.

Shiryu

Neo Member
So decided to go with Cu Chulainn on one device, Blue Odin on another after being tired of rerolls.

If anyone wants to add me on either, feel free:
384 630 296 - Blue Odin
396 038 291 - Cu Chulainn

Finally playing the game a bit ^^

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
393,030,292 - Viper Orochi

Dood Kosh, how many bloody devices are you playing this game on?

Looks like I've got you on my friend list three times. Unless of course, you've been re-rolling like crazy, and kept sending me invites?

Saprol

The gacha gods seem insistent that I play wood. I've rerolled 3 Mystic Stone Knights and 1 Highlander. Nothing but trash for the other elements. I'll just run with the Highlander assuming I backed up that account correctly.

Kosh

Dood Kosh, how many bloody devices are you playing this game on?

Looks like I've got you on my friend list three times. Unless of course, you've been re-rolling like crazy, and kept sending me invites?

Just two devices. I did re-roll after sending you an invite. If you have me as a green Cu something guy, you can delete that one.

xCobalt

The gacha gods seem insistent that I play wood. I've rerolled 3 Mystic Stone Knights and 1 Highlander. Nothing but trash for the other elements. I'll just run with the Highlander assuming I backed up that account correctly.

There's a Wood Event going on right now which increases the chance of wood monsters. I usually do one pull per event...don't want to be getting duplicate rares. Also, Mystic Stone Knight is a very good monster once fully evolved.

Ashodin

Right now you have a high chance of getting any Earth rare Gacha. That's why.

CTLance

Damn you guys. I really didn't need another timewaster.

I just finished the tutorial and got a +1 Vritra. Lucky! ... then I looked at that starter guide from the OP.
Dark increases attack of all dragons and God types by 2x. Active skill deals damage depending on how much HP you have. Its leader skill is outclassed by the 2.5x ones, while the active skill is only useful in sturdy teams. Do not start with it.
I. am. crushed.

He looks pretty cool, and while +5 Attack doesn't really matter, it's still a pretty lucky draw. I'd loathe to restart the game, but since the guide specifically says to not use that one as a starter I will probably have to delete the save... what a waste. I'll probably only get lowlevel crap now that I've used up all my luck in the initial draw.

vivin

Alright, im almost rank 20

Invite me if you want some Neptune Poison goodness ^^;

(this game is crack)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just two devices. I did re-roll after sending you an invite. If you have me as a green Cu something guy, you can delete that one.

Hmm, looking through my friend list, your third listing (the one that's probably the green Cu), seems to have disappeared. I guess when you reroll, even though your character disappears, any invites you send still exist.

xCobalt

Damn you guys. I really didn't need another timewaster.

I just finished the tutorial and got a +1 Vritra. Lucky! ... then I looked at that starter guide from the OP.

I. am. crushed.

He looks pretty cool, and while +5 Attack doesn't really matter, it's still a pretty lucky draw. I'd loathe to restart the game, but since the guide specifically says to not use that one as a starter I will probably have to delete the save... what a waste. I'll probably only get lowlevel crap now that I've used up all my luck in the initial draw.

If you like it then keep it. That's probably one of the better monsters imo.

chris121580

I got 5 of the ruby dragons out of the ruby dungeon just now. I should use them to fuse correct? I'm asking because it asks me to confirm since they're rare.

Uthred

Is xp cumulative? e.g. I was looking at the chinese wiki and it says it takes 1.5 Million for Tyraa to level to its next form, so I threw three ruby, a high ruby and a king ruby dragon on it, which gave about 110K XP, which maxed him out. Just wondering if I just wasted that xp?

Is xp cumulative? e.g. I was looking at the chinese wiki and it says it takes 1.5 Million for Tyraa to level to its next form, so I threw three ruby, a high ruby and a king ruby dragon on it, which gave about 110K XP, which maxed him out. Just wondering if I just wasted that xp?

You did waste that exp :(

Also, first round of edits to the OP are up. Downplayed the necessity for that list of monsters, added stuff about friends, and tried to better explain some of the game mechanics. Anything missing you guys would still find helpful? Early teambuilding tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom